What video games are you playing?

Deschutes

Does this ever happen to anyone else?

**watches a LP on youtube of a battle sequence from a favorite game**

"Okay, I'm gonna go play this game again now for the 3,295th time."

Just happened to me. Again. I even have a separate save file for one of my favorite boss battles so I can play it over...and over...and over...whenever I want. Without having to start a new game file. It's that good. :lol: 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Palovana said:

Does this ever happen to anyone else?

**watches a LP on youtube of a battle sequence from a favorite game**

"Okay, I'm gonna go play this game again now for the 3,295th time."

Just happened to me. Again. I even have a separate save file for one of my favorite boss battles so I can play it over...and over...and over...whenever I want. Without having to start a new game file. It's that good. :lol: 

Nope, i watch regularly professional starcraft2 games at "highest" level and i absolutely have no desire to try it myself (i have completed campaign several times but the player versus player in it is just way too brutal for me, im not a fan of player versus player anyway)

Playing farcry5 on ps4 atm, about 2/3 through and gotten tired of the theme of the game but randomly driving around and shooting stuff is interesting enough that ill eventually play through.

Persona 4 Golden when my Vita is charged up. about it

late this week ( now its Sunday as i type this) im getting a new Nintendo Switch or PS4 :)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm.

I finally got the platinum trophy for the first game a few days ago (even though I finished the story in 2015, apparently), so I thought it was time to play through this one. I'm enjoying it so far!

• 2 weeks later...

More Skyrim shenans. Got a few mods that changed up combat difficulty and required tactics to great effect. The game's difficult at the start but as you go along you'll be able to outclass most enemies by endgame. I'm mid-way leveled and most standard living humanoids aren't a threat unless they're magic users, Orcs, or in large numbers. I went into a nordic dungeon yesterday and absolutely got my shit plowed in by draugr. I had the right weapons to kill them but they had the right gear to confetti my armour and stun-lock me. That whole section was just nerve wracking from start to finish. It was nice though. I had a steady stream of moderately difficult fights leading up to my first reworked dungeon encounter, and I was wondering if there were going to be more dangerous fights ahead.

Yes. Yes there were.

• Like 1

I've got a huge backlog of games that I intend to play/finish, most notably the Mass Effect series.

Currently, I'm playing The Talos Principle. It's a puzzle game that I highly recommend, especially to anyone who enjoyed Portal.

Anomaly Q3Xr

I am currently playing a strategy war game from 1999, Star Trek: Birth of the Federation.  Hadn't played it in years, but have started creating my own personal mod for it.

Welp my plan to get a Switch didn't go so well due to budget reasons. can't afford  the console and 2 games and other needed accessories.. bummer but thats adult life but i got a PS4 instead  my second one actually and i've been playing Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition and i'm really loving the game thus far :)

waiting for my copy of Kingdom Hearts 1.5+ 2.5 Remix to come in and that for sure i'm gonna dump a lot of free time on it

so yeah i'll get a Switch eventually..

slothdetective

Prey and RiME. Prey is a bit...stressful but fun nonetheless. 

Also I'm doing a second playthrough of FFXV.

grande-americano

Stardew Valley!

Had it for PC a while back, then recently got it for my switch and reinvigorated my love for the game.

• Like 1

Rocket League
A great game, we play together with a friend on the Xbox, we're playing the second month. A game that requires reflexes and cooperation (if you play Duo). You can see the increase of skill very clearly, it is a lot of fun. An additional attraction are crates and items, if you like such fun. However, I value the Rocket League not for items and crates, but for being pure E-sport.

• Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Fallout 4
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn

Clearly I want adventure. XD

• Like 3

I dusted off Dark Souls 3 after coughing up the bucks and treating myself to the DLC.

I ran into what I believe the Souls community regards as one of, if not the most difficult bosses in the game. Sweet jesus christ the devs made a torture run. I want to say that the boss is cheap, but that's not actually the case. Quite well balanced all things considered, but it's just an endurance run and you have so few windows for error. I can't for the life of me memorize the bosses's patterns as they're so varied and interchangable that no one strategy that worked previously is sure to work again. I guess kudos to the devs on that. Keeps you on your toes and slaps you when you think you've mastered the game.

Skyrim all day every day! But if we are talking nintendo then pokemon. 

• Like 1
Anthracite_Impreza

TW: Rome II (pretty much all the DLC cos I'm an enabler), TW: Attila (same again), Transport Fever and Niche atm. I also sometimes play Petz 4, Zoo Tycoon 2 (very modded) and I have my eyes set on some others when I can realistically afford a gaming laptop (I move around a lot, a laptop is more practical).

I started a New Game+ game of Horizon: Zero Dawn, and put the setting on Ultra Hard to unlock all the face paints and stuff.  Though for a while now I've been making my way through Terraria and I'm still stuck on Duke Fishron 😕 So I've been breaking from it for a bit, to avoid raging.

Anthracite_Impreza
57 minutes ago, Princess Merida said:

I like shooting people (in-game only! 🙈😂) to relieve stress.

I prefer to splatter them with elephants on impale them on the end of a lance ;)

• 1 month later...

Don't have much time for video games anymore ;n; but I've been playing Borderlands the Pre-Sequel in my spare time on the weekends.

I started Last of Us a couple months ago and played it on and off, but it needs hours of uninterrupted game-play that I just don't have time for unfortunately.

On 7/18/2018 at 2:42 AM, arden_jay said:
  • Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Fallout 4
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn

Clearly I want adventure. XD

Skyrim:

Hadvar: Captain, what do we do? they're not on the list!

(I'm familiar with the game and I heard it's a great game! A friend of mine at school is legit a fan of Skyrim, so she introduced me to EVERYTHING Skyrim, so now I basically understand any Skyrim meme lol

Been Fallout 4 a lot recently! 😆 I'm pretty boring in that I was so behind on games for years and have only caught up! Plus not having much money left over life stuff doesn't help; didn't stop me from preorderingFallout 76 though. 😅

Not playing anything at the moment, though I have a few old school PC games (The X Files The PC Game (which is an FMV point & click) and 007 Nightfire (because I'm a total 007 geek)) that I ordered online that should be here any day that I look forward to playing and am holding off for.

I'm playing Octopath Traveler. I got stuck for a while against chapter 3's bosses because I didn't gave my characters subclasses (I believed that once you gave them one, you could not change it).