What video games are you playing?

Deschutes

I'm in a bit of a weird funk with the rivaling games of Animal Crossing and Doom Eternal.  Pretty much everyone seems to be into either one or the other (or both) -- sound familiar? -- but I don't really care for either one. :mellow:

CaptainMarvel

Well it’s social distancing time peeps. My school’s been cancelled for the rest of the academic year, so I’ve had a lot more time for video games. I’ve almost finished the remake of Link’s Awakening, but maybe I’m just really bad at the game because I CANNOT BEAT THE FINAL BOSS, I’ve even looked at videos of how to avoid the spinning spear but I just can’t get it right. My friend let me borrow his DS so I’ve been playing Ocarina of Time and Pokémon Ultra Moon. I started Mario Odyssey (I know I’m a couple years late to the party) and I think I’ve gotten pretty far along, I’d never really played a 3D Mario game and I hadn’t particularly liked the 2D ones but wow I really like this game. I’ve also been playing smash ultimate online with friends since we can’t see each other in person anymore. I’ve got a couple months to kill so does anyone have some game recs? I was thinking of maybe trying FE Three Houses

12 hours ago, Philip027 said:

I'm in a bit of a weird funk with the rivaling games of Animal Crossing and Doom Eternal.  Pretty much everyone seems to be into either one or the other (or both) -- sound familiar? -- but I don't really care for either one. :mellow:

Sounds about right. I am interested in playing Doom Eternal eventually, but I got Doom (2016) on sale after its release and will probably do the same with Eternal. I would like to play Animal Crossing, I think it would be pretty relaxing and chill at the moment, but cost of entry (since I don't already have a Switch) just wasn't worth it to me.

I think Mount and Blade 2 comes out later this month, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently playing Heavy Rain and trying to play Imperator Rome cause it's for free in Steam now 😁 And I like to try out new strategies. I already like both games although Imperator Rome seems quite entangled for now.

• Like 1

Started playing Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead and got instantly hooked! This tile-based roguelike can make me more afraid than any other game I've ever played. And also I can customize my own RV!

• Like 1
rainbowocollie

Haven't started playing them yet, but there was a 50% off sale on a 3-pack of the Naruto Shippuden Ninja Storm series for PS4. So I bought it. 

Are these keys legit? Aren't they selling stolen keys or cutting off the devs' share of the profit? I know some shady sites do stuff like this.

I was a Guild Wars 2 player from launch, up until the last expansion where I got a bit fed up and decided to call it quits. Picked it up again last week and have been playing through Path of Fire and the Living World Season 4. The story is quite ... bad, to put it charitably, but the environments are really pretty, and gameplay and events are fun. It's still really well populated too, considering the last expansion came out two years ago. 

Blaiddmelyn

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I thought I'd be let down by all the hype but I am genuinely loving this game. I think I still prefer the game I played before it (Dragon Age: Origins) but it's definitely a timesink. 

On 4/6/2020 at 3:36 PM, Arodash said:

I recently bought a TON of indie games that are on sale for switch. 

If anyone has any suggestions because I recently got my switch please let me know. No need for first party Nintendo games im looking more towards indie

I've only played on PC but I saw Oxenfree is on the Switch. Oxenfree is a pretty fun game - you play a girl who goes for an end of year party on an island with a handful of school friends, only for weird stuff to start happening. Your character tries to get to the bottom of what's going on. It sounds like it's "horror" but I'm a complete wuss and I didn't find it scary. One of the interesting things about it is that the characters talk but your character will only reply if there's an option to reply … and you choose to take it (and there are always multiple response choices). The conversation will change depending on if you do respond and what response you give. It gives a lot of variations for the ending as a result (I think there are quite a few endings, including one you can only get on a second or third runthrough IIRC).

Possibly a bit less indie but I also saw that 2064: Read Only Memories has been released on Switch. The PC version was a lot of fun - you play a journalist trying to track down your friend, aided by a sapient robot that your friend created, in a futuristic punk world. It's a point and click, with multiple endings depending on your choices throughout the game. 

• Like 2

Doom Eternal, Stellaris, Pillars of Eternity, and Destiny.

Blizzard Avis

I currently play only the Sims 4 😅

Played some coop Age of Empires III with my brother today. We got pounded all the way to the end but managed to turn the tide at the last minute!

• Like 2

8 years after it came out, and at the same time a Skyrim add-on got released for Elder Scrolls Online, I'm playing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

It's good escape from reality during these days and it feels really nice playing as a female character.

• Like 3
Blizzard Avis
6 hours ago, Andrea KF said:

8 years after it came out, and at the same time a Skyrim add-on got released for Elder Scrolls Online, I'm playing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

It's good escape from reality during these days and it feels really nice playing as a female character.

As imperfect that game is, I love it so much. I've been thinking about starting another playthrough based on an OC I created for the TES universe recently. 

• Like 1

I still plan on playing Borderlands 3 the next time I have spare time I need to kill, but I'm not exactly dying to play it.

Skyrim is compulsive to me because of addons. The base game is fun, but the addons make it playable for a long time. I've played through that game several times, and each time was unique.

Ms. Carolynne

I've been playing Animal Crossing New Horizons.

I've been thinking of starting another go through of Diablo III, it's been forever since I've played as a monk and I think they recently started another season. I haven't played as a monk in ages.

But I also still have a backlog so maybe I should play something new. Maybe I'll give State of Decay another shot, I had fun with it a while back (like a year and half ago), but got derailed because I had a depressive episode and sort of forgot about it.

11 hours ago, Andrea KF said:

Why is everybody playing Skyrim? My brother has been playing it too! I think I've played it too much though. I played it a ton on PS 3, played it a ton on PC, then played a somewhat heavily modded (with overhauls) go through on PC. I wish there were a new Elder Scrolls in the main series, I didn't like the Online one.

I feel you with playing as a female character though, I've been doing that in Animal Crossing (well, I do that with every game now), and that has a lot of customization in it. I've had too much fun dressing up in that game.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ms. Carolynne said:

Why is everybody playing Skyrim? My brother has been playing it too! I think I've played it too much though. I played it a ton on PS 3, played it a ton on PC, then played a somewhat heavily modded (with overhauls) go through on PC. I wish there were a new Elder Scrolls in the main series, I didn't like the Online one.

Dunno. I got it when it was new but didn't have a good enough computer back then. I bought one since, but forgot about Skyrim until now.

I played Oblivion and Morrowind before. The later was the better. News were out back in 2018 that a new TES is in the making.

• Like 1
Ms. Carolynne
1 hour ago, Andrea KF said:

Dunno. I got it when it was new but didn't have a good enough computer back then. I bought one since, but forgot about Skyrim until now.

I played Oblivion and Morrowind before. The later was the better. News were out back in 2018 that a new TES is in the making.

I had heard something like that, but I thought it was just a rumor. I'll have to look into it because I haven't been following Bethesda too closely.

I've played all of the main ones, Oblivion is my favorite.

Just recently started playing House Flipper
Also played a bit of Tom Clancy's the Division

• Like 1

Apex Legends, both on PC and PS4, but the PC edition sucks and lags, so it's mostly on PS4.

I also downloaded a bunch of re-released games on Steam, and am currently working my way through Sonic Adventure 2!

Animal Crossing New Horizon and Borderlands 3

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Ms. Carolynne said:

I had heard something like that, but I thought it was just a rumor. I'll have to look into it because I haven't been following Bethesda too closely.

I've played all of the main ones, Oblivion is my favorite.

There's still barely anything else than that announcement and a short video to look into.

DarkStormyKnight

Picked up Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies since I realized I never got around to it before.

I'll probably buy Animal Crossing soon. :P 

Just played a 4 players free-for-all Age of Empires II game. Winning by wonder makes me feel like the scum of the earth, but it was necessary : P

Since everyone is talking about Elder Scrolls, I've played at least a bit of all main series games. Hard to pick a favourite tho, because all of them offer something different. Arena is the only one I couldn't play more than a couple minutes, and for some reason I simply couldn't get into Oblivion.

4 minutes ago, Arodash said:

Hows the remake?

I love it! The original is one of my favourite games ever. The remake is quite different (the story/characters are a lot more expanded and the combat is totally changed), but I think all the changes are positive. 

It looks amazing too!

Still playing GW2, just catching up on the story and collecting all the mounts.

I probably should play a Final Fantasy game. The franchise confused me for ages because my only exposure to it was a movie called Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, which as it turns out isn't anything like the games at all.

I probably should play a Final Fantasy game. The franchise confused me for ages because my only exposure to it was a movie called Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, which as it turns out isn't anything like the games at all.

Please tell me your only exposure to Super Mario Bros. wasn't also just the movie, because that one was quite a bit off too.

• Like 1
Just now, Philip027 said:

Please tell me your only exposure to Super Mario Bros. wasn't also just the movie, because that one was quite a bit off too.

I've not seen the movie. Doubt I will either 😀

Growing up, like most of my friends I had Commodore Amigas and then moved onto PC gaming. I've never owned a dedicated games console, so there's quite a few franchises that I know of but haven't played. That might change though, my PC is getting pretty tired, and I'd like to be able to get comfy on the sofa and play stuff.