What video games are you playing?

Deschutes

This weekend, I’ve enjoyed dipping in and out of FAST Racing League for the Wii. I’ve always liked the idea of futuristic racers – after all, arcade racers are probably my favourite genre - but I really struggled to get into them: I once rented F-Zero X as a preteen and, because of motion sickness, I needed to have a nap afterwards.

However, with a typical racing speed of about 350mph (judging from the online screenshots, vehicles on F-Zero X frequently exceed 750mph), FAST thankfully runs at a more bearable and sedate pace, so it’s a game that I’ve loved for quite a few years. I’m not a brilliant gamer, though, and completing the game on medium difficulty remains a tall order: it’s a very challenging game!

Ms. Carolynne
14 hours ago, Phoenix the II said:

My time in portia, on the switch :D Yay... can play it on the go now!

(Like I go anywhere :P )

They've released it on the Switch? That's cool.

I contributed to the game's Kickstarter, so I have it on Steam. I don't really use the Switch for it's portability though, I don't really go anywhere, nonetheless anywhere where I could focus on gaming.

13 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

How is it?  It looks and the description sounds like a 3D stardew Valley. 

It's pretty good, although I feel some parts are a bit drawn out and grindy (the later quests really focus on mass production). I need to return to the game, it was still in beta / early access when I last played it though it was pretty close to being complete.

It's kind of like Stardew Valley, but it's more focused on exploring and crafting than it is on farming.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently I've been playing Borderlands GOTY Enhanced, and Dwarf Fortress.

I've been playing some Fortnite to do some challenges and finish the season pass, but I've kind of lost interest in the game for now.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ms. Carolynne said:

It's kind of like Stardew Valley, but it's more focused on exploring and crafting than it is on farming.

Can you befriend people in the same way as in Stardew? I spent so much time in that  game with that and dating😋

Ms. Carolynne
1 hour ago, Kimmie. said:

Can you befriend people in the same way as in Stardew? I spent so much time in that  game with that and dating😋

Yes, but I never got very far with it, personally I feel Stardew Valley did it better. Granted they tried to make the game play aspect of relationships deeper than Stardew Valley, like you can go on dates which involve doing little minigames and the characters have quest lines, but Stardew Valley felt a lot more fluid and entertaining in it's story telling.

Personally I like the characters in Stardew Valley more than My Time at Portia as well.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
CJlikespie

A randomized nuzlocke of Pokémon firered. 

Currently having fun with some old friends on the EQII progression server. I haven't played that in a long time but it's still a pretty solid game. It has one of the best crafting systems I've played with in a game.

• 1 month later...
Janus the Fox

Over 50% done with Red Dead Redemption 2, soon to start GTA 4 Expansions.

soon to 100% Yooka-Laylee, soon to make start on Two Souls.

finished with Valiant Hearts soon to make a start or attempt to make work on Jedi Knight 2.

4 Race weekends to go in F12018-Nearly done with Advanced Races in GTSport.

towards the end of 4th generation PS4 Sims 4 achievement hunter family.

Near 100% for 2nd time Hell Yeah!, on the 2nd Age in a Hard Mode Huge Map Domination Only Civ 6 map.

Pokemon Ultra Moon again. Can't wait for Sword as a late bday present to myself (it's release date is 4 days after my birthday)! Minecraft, obviously. Tuber Simulator, courtesy of my little bro. And I'm replaying Tearaway Unfolded with Iota rather than Atoi.

I'm playing Judgment on the PS4 right now. Roughly 15 hours in and barely touched the main story, it's pretty great so far!

None sadly Anthem sucked on biblical proportions, Call of duty has changed to much, and the division 2 is just to much work

LittleTaliMagpie

Kingdom Hearts Union X [cross] 

Love Live School Idol Festival

Sometimes Overwatch and Kingdom Hearts DDD (on the 3DS. I don't have a ps4, sadly 😭)

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

Tales of Vesperia

• Like 1
KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

Chrono Trigger and Persona Q2.

• Like 2
rainbowocollie

Persona 3 Portable and Pokemon Omega Ruby

• Like 1
Chris Zulas

morrowind rn, since im too tired and sick to set up my ps4 in this weather, and all the games i wanna play on it i dont have. modded it with rebirth (mainly ujust for the additions to the overworld) and with openmw, the alternate engine, so i can see more than 5 feet ahead of myself, something i could only dream of as a kid playing the game on xbox. im a proud console peasant (so much i consider saying im a console proletariat but that sounds political and its not meant to) so if i can do it anyone can, provided they enjoy morrowind. wanted to mod up skyrim for months but probs never will, its too much of a pain in the ass and itd be at LEAST a full day spent on that and only that and fuck that for the 7th time

thegreatwolf

Near the end of persona 2 innocent sin i'm currently in Xibalba and beat the first metal boss.

I’m currently playing Sekiro and I’m at the final boss of the 

Spoiler

Return

ending. I’ve also made an optional fire monster die by tricking it into jumping off a cliff and am now stuck on 

Spoiler

Isshin Sword Saint

• Like 1
Ms. Carolynne

I've been doing a playthrough of the Borderlands series, so far I'm doing the DLC for the second game. I had a slump there where I was super depressed (also why I haven't been on AVEN much) and it took me forever to get through the first game, but I'm picking up steam again so here I am. Then I'm going to do the presequal (which I haven't played the DLC on), and Tales from the Borderlands (which I actually haven't played).

It was on sale on Steam for dirt cheap around the time they announced Borderlands 3, so I picked up the entire series for like $20 USD.

On 6/22/2019 at 7:48 PM, Phoenix the II said:

Minecraft (Omnifactory modpack) and Seiken Densetsu 3 on the switch :P 

What version, and what does that mod do? I'm curious. Also, any other mods you recommend?

I haven't played modded Minecraft in ages. I used to use the Archimedes' Ship mod (which I think was discontinued), and dabbled in making my own mods. I still play Minecraft from time to time (it's a classic IMO), but it's been a while since I've modded anything.

4 hours ago, Ms. Carolynne said:

What version, and what does that mod do? I'm curious. Also, any other mods you recommend?

It's a modpack, there's a lot of mods in there. And quests too...

Just install the twitch client, and then in it's mods tab you can see what's popular. I can really recommend most of them.

Omnifactory is a "expert" modpack, as in it's going to take quite a bit of time to progress through the modpack. Compared to some other modpacks.

Lonely Lemon

I decided to revisit some old games recently and I've been having fun giving both GTA San Andreas and Vice City a good thrashing.

• Like 2
Twisted Tempest

I finally picked up Marvel's Spiderman for the PS4. Got it on a steal of a deal and have been loving it. 

• Like 1

Constant Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II replays ("maybe I should romance someone else this time" > *romances Anders again*), first time playing Oblivion (rushed through the Arena, killed the Adoring Fan, entered the Shivering Isles, currently waiting for Lucien to show up) and doing my second/third run of Skyrim simultaneously. My first one had a bug with the Dark Brotherhood so I only did the Companions, Civil War, Main Quest and a few Daedric quests before I retired to a nice modded player home. 

• Like 3
Shiloh_Rose

Playing ESO constantly now because I'm 'burned out' on oblivion and skyrim, and just can't really get the hang of morrowind plus even with mods, my eyes hurt. Finally hit champion on my now-main and it's like 120+ something now so, getting to 160 isn't as hard as I thought it'd be, which is nice.

Following Beyond Skyrim on insta is a bit torture because I keep just being reminded the awesomeness is not ready yet, lol. But at least there's ESO, I guess, even if I just have base game, murkmire and thieve's guild its still got a lot of play... a lot of... content? Stuff. To do.

Captain Jay

So I went and got the Switch version of Puyo Puyo Tetris recently. I think the time I've spent with Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and Tetris 99 was what spurred me to actually give it a shot, after I glanced at it and then forgot about it some time ago. I also thought it'd be, at least, more modern than the former and less chaotic than the latter.

I'd say it's working out so far, plus it helps that the story mode doesn't take itself seriously in the least.

(If I recall, this is my first "real" post in a while... and I admit, I decided to make it because this thread has been lighting up all of a sudden.)