Asexuality mentioned in Cosmo

Ace Of <3 s

Wow! Of all places, indeed! Cosmo! Man, reading that is so exciting! They handled it so well. ;u; Go, Rachel Morris!

Ah, but this is UK Cosmo, huh? No wonder. XD OK, my excitement level has decreased quite a bit. I'd be absolutely floored to see that in America, but I bet we have a long way to go yet... The only mention of asexuality I can find on US Cosmo's website is a sort-of derogatory slur. :/ http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/hot-sex/hot-sex-tips-challenge-30?click=main_sr

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

Yeah, wow. Cosmo?! The magazine known for headlines like "20 Hot Moves to Give Your Man the Orgasm of His Life!"??? Fairly impressive.

For now, I'll refrain from bitching about how much I hate the herterocentricity (did I just make that word up?) of 99.9% of Cosmo articles. <_<

In my case the article was 100 odd things about sex (or something like that), asexuality was one of them. I'm very glad tI read that article, very.

I couldn't see your link OP as I wont subscribe to Devian. I discovered asexuality reading Cosmos LOL, it was just a line, basically, I dropped the magazine and ran to the computer to search more about it I was like :o :blink: :o :D :lol: :) and then like...

I can't see the article either. OP, do you have a link to the article on the Cosmo website? I'd love to read it.

It's hard for me to take Cosmo seriously at all after hearing all of the parody sex tips.

Like this one:

As you’re about to go down on your partner, suddenly scream at the top of your lungs: “I’M GONNA WRECK IT!!”

• Like 5

Here's a pretty good Cosmo parody cover, while we're on the topic. :P

Haha wow that is pretty accurate though XD

Here's a funny link to a Cracked article making fun of Cosmo: http://www.cracked.com/article_19066_7-psychotic-pieces-relationship-advice-from-cosmo.html

But anyways back to the main point - even though Cosmo can be ridiculous it's still good to be seeing the term asexual used in such a popular magazine. They may not be using it 100% accurately but it may get people to go out and do their own research.

It wouldn't let me read it. All I got was a pop up screen that said sign up or log on.

Edit: Thanks for posting the Cosmo article, Jic.

Ahh sorry I didn't get back to everyone, I was away from my computer -.-

Thanks Jic for posting the picture. How did you post it like that?

That's what I wanted to do originally but I couldn't work out how to do it, hence the link. I also didn't realise it would ask people to sign up to DA :/ (Never experienced that before)

Here's a pretty good Cosmo parody cover, while we're on the topic. :P

"Do cupcakes make good boyfriends?"- uh yeah, of course (duh!) :L

• Like 3

Wow! Of all places, indeed! Cosmo! Man, reading that is so exciting! They handled it so well. ;u; Go, Rachel Morris!

Ah, but this is UK Cosmo, huh? No wonder. XD OK, my excitement level has decreased quite a bit. I'd be absolutely floored to see that in America, but I bet we have a long way to go yet... The only mention of asexuality I can find on US Cosmo's website is a sort-of derogatory slur. :/ http://www.cosmopoli...0?click=main_sr

Yeah, it is the UK cosmo. I didn't think there was too much difference between the US and the UK in terms of the awareness though (I am guessing I am wrong)?

It's hard for me to take Cosmo seriously at all after hearing all of the parody sex tips.

Like this one:

As you’re about to go down on your partner, suddenly scream at the top of your lungs: “I’M GONNA WRECK IT!!”

Guiggy, I just had to thank you for the laugh-out-loud I had when I read this! How delightfully absurd.

• Like 2

Haha, nice. Nice to see AVEN got plugged at the same time. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Jic for posting the picture. How did you post it like that?

That's what I wanted to do originally but I couldn't work out how to do it, hence the link. I also didn't realise it would ask people to sign up to DA :/ (Never experienced that before)

Not to worry.

Really simple trick. ^_^

Go to any image, right click: "Copy Image Location" and it'll give you the url for the image (so it'll end with .jpg, .gif, .png, etc.).

For example:

https://www.google.co.uk/logos/2012/120th_anniversary_of_the_nutcracker_ballet-992006-hp.jpg

Is the url for the current Google image.

Post with the image tags.

120th_anniversary_of_the_nutcracker_ball

Voilà.

AVEN currently has an annoying system, where right clicking on an image opens up a pop-up of the image... for some reason.

So, if you wanted to copy an image from an AVEN post. Click it, open up the pop-up and then click "SAVE". It'll open up a new tab and you can copy the url in the address bar. There's your location, image tags, etc.

NB: I hope the first Google link is working. Originally it didn't, but it magically fixed itself. Hopefully it stays that way.

• Like 2
as_org_by_dizzylozzy-d5m79lv.jpg

For some reason, the part 'Nothing speaks louder to a man than an adandoned erection' made me laugh really hard...^_^

• Like 1

Thanks for the post Jic :)

How did you get it to show as a picture rather than a link though? That's what I am really curious about :)

• 3 weeks later...

How did you get it to show as a picture rather than a link though? That's what I am really curious about :)

I'm not too certain of the question. Are you asking how image tags on AVEN work?

If that is the question:

This:

[img=http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw9nfgfg4z1qjokxe.gif]

Becomes this:

tumblr_lw9nfgfg4z1qjokxe.gif

Edited by Jicragg
Arctic_Revenge

Wow. Cosmo? Damn. Kudos to them for broadening their scope!

• 5 weeks later...

I'm not too certain of the question. Are you asking how image tags on AVEN work?

If that is the question:

This:

[img=http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw9nfgfg4z1qjokxe.gif]

Becomes this:

tumblr_lw9nfgfg4z1qjokxe.gif

I think I get it actually now....

The google logo today is boring, so here is a another picture instead :)

tumblr_mhe8rq2Zap1r0wqrdo1_500.jpg

• Like 2