• Agender
    • Bigender
    • Pangender
    • Genderless
    • Neutrois
    • I have short hair
    • Genderfluid

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm female. I've had my hair all kinds of ways...but currently it's short enough to spike in the back (though I'm always too lazy to spike it) and the front I keep long and parted to the side and also dyed (purple atm.) Although the back of my hair grows like crazy and I have to keep getting it cut every couple of months or so, but the front...never seems to get any longer. O.o Which sucks...because I want it to be longer! (Right now its about an inch or so below my jaw bone.) *sigh*

That's because there's less actual hair located there and it has further to go (top of head to ear) than the hair on the back of your head (top of head to nape of neck). Also the hair in front and on the sides usually breaks easier because we style it or touch it more (usually).

I'm female. I've had my hair all kinds of ways...but currently it's short enough to spike in the back (though I'm always too lazy to spike it) and the front I keep long and parted to the side and also dyed (purple atm.) Although the back of my hair grows like crazy and I have to keep getting it cut every couple of months or so, but the front...never seems to get any longer. O.o Which sucks...because I want it to be longer! (Right now its about an inch or so below my jaw bone.) *sigh*

That's because there's less actual hair located there and it has further to go (top of head to ear) than the hair on the back of your head (top of head to nape of neck). Also the hair in front and on the sides usually breaks easier because we style it or touch it more (usually).

Yeah...but the fronts been the same length for over a year or two now... O.o Shouldn't it ...have grew an inch or so by now? I mean, I started with long hair and had the back cut short and the front left alone to begin with (other than a tiny trim every now and then)...but if I didn't keep cutting the back it would have already surpassed the front by now!

Also, I always figured that the reason the back of my hair grew so much was because of all my tossing and turning at night and that that somehow stimulated its growth...XD My logic is crazy.

Mine does the same thing as yours, and it seems like most of my female clients that are trying to grow their hair out have the same problem. I think it's the breaking issue mostly.

Im biologically a girl but mentally I dont idenfity as a girl or a boy.

When I told my mum that I dont think of myself as a girl but not really as a boy she suggested as casually as can be that maybe Im a trans and I just havent come to fully realise it yet. I was kinda sorta very shocked that she could be so willing to accept me possibly being a trans and maybe wanting a sex-change in the future (which I dont btw) but didnt believe me at all when I said I have no interest in sex and said that I must just be a late-bloomer.

Also theres something vaguely horrifying about your mum suggesting you might have been born in the wrong body...and so casually as though she were expecting it...O_o

I identify as agender, sometimes demigirl. The only reason I wear my hair long is because I don't want to spend the time and money to maintain a short haircut. But I may get a short haircut in the future when I'm living all alone and there's no one to tell me I look awful in short hair...

body is female. gender is somewhere in the middle, but i haven't tracked down the proper term because it's really not important to me. hair is floor length.

BloodyAwfulKate

I'm cis female but I actually think I look much more feminine (or at least more attractive) with short hair. As a friend with a similar cut informed me recently "Only the cutest girls can pull off a pixie cut!" I tend to cut/dye it something new every couple of months, so the exact style doesn't stay, but I never let it get much more than a couple of inches long anymore.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
WhenSummersGone

I have long hair and I've always liked it that way. I never had short hair.

How I wear it? On my head :P And other places where it is hair.

On a more serious note, I tend to have it short (or medium). Right now it's down to my neck at the back, and down to the ears at the sides. However it is usually short, with very short on the sides and a little longer on the top. And I'm male, and don't care about genderroles. But I guess some would call me masculine, while others would call me feminine :P

Guess my hair is about this length ATM, just a little shorter, and blonde:

1048268-9-1371743294397.jpg

Male bodied and identified, and bald.

The part in back that's not bald varies from short right after getting cut, to reaching about collar length before getting cut again (at roughly nine month intervals between haircuts).

Female body and mind, though I consider myself androgynous in that I tend to have a lot of stereotypical "male" traits, personality wise. My hair goes all the way down to my butt, and I plan to keep it that way. I don't look good with short hair, and with the way I dress, my hair is the only thing keeping people from mistaking me as a guy. Also, I find it to be very low maintenance, other than the amount of conditioner I go through.

Female. Longish hair. Always tied back in a bun to keep out of my face. It's lucky if it gets a brush. I'm very low maintainance with my hair. It grows so quickly and I can't be bothered getting it cut frequently.

I'm female and I have short/medium hair. It is in a chin length bob (no bangs). It is easier to style and takes less time to dry.

words are futile devices

Female and just got my hair cut into a pixie. Reason? I've been wanting one for a long time. They're adorable. I generally hate my hair no matter what length it is (it's really thick yet somehow flat and lifeless, frizzes up at the ends, and I've got some weird cowlicks), so I figured the shortest I could get it would be preferable. I actually really like it now.

I'm so fickle about my hair length, anyway.

One day I'll think: Gonna grow it out 'til it's down to my waist!!!

Next day: Yeah, I'm getting it chopped.

trumpetchick

I have shoulder length hair because it's easier to handle and I think it looks better. On me, at least. I'll wear it in a bun if I'm about to put on a shako, though.

I'm a long haired male, long hair makes me feel more like myself then short hair dose.

MenthaPiperita

Born and identify as female. I have medium length hair, which wasn't an option provided in the poll. I like having it long enough to put into a pony tail, but not much longer than shoulder length.

Female in body and mind, and I have long hair. When it's straight it comes down to my hips, but it's naturally curly so it stops around two thirds down my back.

I'm demigender and chose neutrois in this poll as it's most accurate, and my hair is very long. As in, past my waist and touching my hips long. I don't think it can even grow any longer than it already is, but I'm going to try to get it as long as possible. Like Cymbeline, my hair is pretty curly so it often looks shorter than it is.

Princessofthehufflepuff

I'm a bit of an odd bird in that I find long hair easier to maintain. Yes, it takes longer to wash, but with short hair I have to brush and style, whereas long hair I just throw it into a ponytail and I'm good to go.

Yeah, I can understand that too. When I had long hair I almost always tied it in a ponytail. Now, I have it cut as short as I can convince my stylist to go (she seems concerned that I'll "look like a boy" XD. When I go for a haircut, I compensate by always wearing a dress and nice makeup, to reassure her), and go through a period of gelling and styling it everyday. That's definitely my favorite look, but it is a bit of work. When it grows out a little bit, I hardly have to do a thing! But when it gets so long I have an emo sweep in front of my eyes, it's time for a haircut.

when it is really really short there is no styling as there isn;t enough hair to style it just kinda sits there.

What category does 'hair that is short for a female but long for a male' fall under? Because I always call it mid-length in language class... But there's no option for that.

Female and I have a pixie.

• 2 weeks later...

Long hair looks good on me but it's such a pain in the butt. I prefer shoulder length hair.

I never have the energy to straighten or curl my hair. I get teased because I let it be poofy and wavy.

I'm female and my hair is quite short. I used to have it way past my shoulders so I could wear fancy hairstyles with it.

I've cut it so short, i've taken the option of wearing it in a bun away from myself...

I've got very short hair right now, probably the shortest it's ever been since I was an infant. I used to have long hair for much of my adult life, and sometimes it was down to the bottom of my shoulder blades in the back. My hair was straight when I was a child, and got very wavy once I got into adulthood. But I decided to get it cut shorter (as in collar length) a few years ago, and I have progressively been having it cut shorter every time. I'm getting a good deal of grey hairs now and I find that short hair is a great way to mask greys.

I look and dress feminine, though I normally eschew a lot of typically female trappings, like makeup (use it occasionally, but most of the time not, and when I do I keep it light) and a lot of jewelry and exclusively feminine clothes like dresses.

I'm on the right in this pic:

http://s20.postimg.org/q8vcw5ce5/IMG_2469.jpg

• 2 months later...

My hair is long and curly. The thought of having short hair makes me sad because I can make this braid that makes me look like I have a beard and I pretend to be a dwarf from LotR.

in a tail :D sometimes just free style (basically as my hair want to be, it have life by his own life) or if i feel pretty :redface: then I dare and make little curves on it :p

Archived