Loose Women (UK daytime TV)!!!

smoo_21

Being a student i watch the occasional TV during the day. What do you know it came up on loose women! It was brilliant to see it happening and there were people who had turned asexual after having children. Im glad it was there as now many more middle class housewives and students etc will learn about it. No direct mention of AVEN though, shame!

PS. I found out about AVEN in the May UK edition of Cosmopolitan...

They were ok with it but made it out more like it was a lifestyle choice rather than the way you are (alot of middle aged women who after having childeren stopped having sex with their husbands). I watched it with a friend who doesnt kno im pretty much A and she asked what one was and i gave her probably too much of a detailed description that its hard to define etc!

The little bar at the bottom flashed that it is estimated that 10% of people in the UK are A which my friend thought was alot but if you think about it it is also estimated that 10% of people in the UK are gay so it makes sense.

The whole panel was asked if they would mind going without sex for the rest of their lives and i think 2 out of four said they could. It doesnt suprise me as ive had sex and its not all its cracked up to be.

10% of the UK?

What's in the water? :lol:

I heard a rumour (one of those "they say" kind of things) that most developed countries have a problem with female hormones getting into the water supply from millions of women flushing HRT patches. If this is true or not, I do not know :)

Silly Green Monkey

It's not the water, hormones also are included in shampoos and food. Small wonder that puberty happens so early.

Water is getting more and more dangerous to drink. Not just hormones, theres a whole cocktail of drugs in there. I could dig up the information, but I remember reading some research that over a million pills are flushed in the US every day, a lot of which end up back in the water supply.

gah. I'm sticking to coffee.

That way the caffeine will be worse for me than anything else in the water, and I'll win in the long run :)

Damien Day

It's interesting to find so many AVENites who also have an aversion to tap water. I myself used to drink from the tap- however, this was in Vienna in Austria , the western half of which which had access to fresh water from mountain-springs. Fortunately for the environment, but unfortunately for me, they decided to switch the whole city to recycled urine, like in London, so I switched to drinking mineral water from then on. I very,very rarely drink from the tap these days.

Incidentally, I find high-alkaline(PH 7+) mineral water tastes the best.

Loki

• 3 weeks later...
girl_no_13

Recycled urine- lovely!

I saw that article- literally 2 weeks after I discovered asexuality! It was ok, but it annoyed me a bit, well, quite a lot- they seemed to have missed the point a bit, what with thinking it is a lifestlye choice, not something that is just part of you. Still, they didnt seem too bigoted, and anything that spreads the message of what asexuality is is good!

Archived