Chinese Topic

Nolan Kryptonite

Nolan Kryptonite

Well, the forums are dead, and the latest topics in this forum are from years ago, so...

你們好!

Nice to meet you, Nolan! I don't speak Chinese at all, but Arca nine Huggles (a past moderator of Alternate Language) has given me a link that I would really appreciate if you could take a look at and give some feedback!

Basically the current Chinese community linked is quite clearly dead, but Arca linked this one to me, and I'd like to know if it's active, if it's okay and alike :)

If it is, I could replace the link up there ;)

Thank you :cake:

Notte stellata

Nolan 你好!很高兴在这里看到中文帖子。 :) (Wow, the first time I type Chinese on AVEN. It feels a little weird, lol.)

Nolan Kryptonite

@Ithaca: It seems good... unfortunately my written Chinese isn't good enough to thrive there without being a laughingstock and disgrace. :lol:

你好,starry!你怎麽樣?

Thanks for taking a look at it, Nolan, much cake for you :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

Cake shall be given to any and all Chinese speakers who can give me more feedback ;)

Notte stellata

@Nolan: 呵呵,我很好。希望你喜欢AVEN!

@ithaca: That site is quite different from AVEN. It's not exactly a forum in nature, e.g., it doesn't have subforums, so all kinds of topics are mixed together. It's much less organized and moderated than AVEN. But the pinned thread does provide the basic information about asexuality correctly. I suppose it's at least better than the official Chinese AVEN which is dead for years. :)

:cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: for starry!!!!!! Thanks!!!! Even though is messy, the threads discuss asexuality, relationships and alike, or there's only the pinned thread about asexuality?
Notte stellata

Thanks for the cakes! :) There are threads about asexuality and relationships besides the pinned one, mixed with other random topics.

Thanks again ^_^ You guys are awesome! I've been wondering about this for weeks!!!

Notte stellata

Glad to help! Feel free to ask me about any other Chinese stuff in the future. :cake:

你好,Nolan

顺便也问候 starrynight :rolleyes:

Kryptonite, I never thought people will use it as a nick. I'm not into Superman stuff (guess the name where it comes from), I knew it because there's actually a same song title.

Nolan Kryptonite

Oh yeah, thanks for the cake, Ithica! :lol:

你說得是對的。我不是喜歡superman--是我喜歡那條歌! :lol:

Notte stellata

kakaf 你好!在这里真是难得看到中国人呢。 :)

Oh yeah, thanks for the cake, Ithica! :lol:

你說得是對的。我不是喜歡superman--是我喜歡那條歌! :lol:

Magne Furuholmen - Kryptonite ?

哈哈,太巧了。我很喜欢这首歌!

Nolan Kryptonite

不瞞你說,不是那條歌。。。 我喜歡的是3 Doors Down唱的。 :lol:

Ooo, 你们好!Strange indeed to post in Mandarin on AVEN! 我是加拿大人(从近温哥华),但是我现在住在中国(大庆市,黑龙江省)。对不起,我的中文得不太好--我来到中国九月一日了,而跟我的宿主家我只谈,不写。I'm not even sure if that last sentence made any sense whatsoever... I'm one of those linguistics majors who is really quite terrible at learning languages (though I do love learning new phonemes, and I'm not too bad at that), but I'm trying. It is *meant* to say that my Mandarin is terrible, I just moved to China and month and a half ago, and I only ever speak with my host family, I never write them notes or anything, so my writing is even worse. I also never attempt to speak long sentences with them either, so I'm sure the one above is near incomprehensible. 但是我得练,是以...I'll try hanging out here if you guys don't mind, maybe mostly reading. :unsure: ^_^

Nolan Kryptonite

@kakaf: 你喜不喜歡那條歌?

@Mira: 没问题!I understood what you were trying to say, mostly. :) I can try to fix what you said... I'll use simplified too (I have it on traditional to talk to my cousins).

我的中文写得不太好。 (the 'de' is used to describe the verb 'xie')

我九月一号才到中国。 (I just came to China September 1st. The describing time comes before the verb, unless you say "I've been in China for a month and a half" 我已经呆在中国一个月半了。)

我只跟我的宿主家(is that how you say host family?)讲话,没有跟他们写字。 ('tan' is like chatting, you can either use 'shuo' or 'jiang' here for speaking; 'bu xie' sounds a little awkward, like 我不写字 sounds like "I REFUSE to write" whereas "我没有写" is "I never write.")

Also the last part, you said "But I need to practice(, is)." The first part sounds a little strange... I think you mean "so I need to practice" 所以我得练习 or "but I am practicing" 但是我在练习

Not bad, just keep on practicing! :)

Notte stellata

Hello Mira, your Chinese is understandable. :) Keep practicing and you'll get better. I'll be glad to help too! I'm using the computer in my office, so I can't type Chinese for now. How long have you been learning Mandarin?

@Nolan: thanks for the corrections! I've got so much to learn, but then I had to take a course online from my university while I'm here to keep my place (cause I'll be gone for a year) so it's stealing all the time I should be practising :angry: I've no idea if that's how one says host family, my dictionary wouldn't give me host family so I just translated host and hoped it was correct! :P O, and as you're still fairly new to AVEN (though already out-posted me): 欢迎光临! :cake:

@starrynight: Yay! I spend a lot of time answering questions and statements with "我不懂" or "不明白" and then receiving blank stares when I try to string together sentences. Good to know that somewhere I'm getting something right :P I'm somewhat better at reading, I love that everything is subtitled here ^_^ And thanks for the offer! 在我的大学,我学习中文两个学期。但是,其两年之前了。我忘记都我的老师教我们 :(

Notte stellata

For "host family" you can say ”寄宿家庭“ or a little more specifically "我寄宿的家庭” or “我借住的家庭” (the family I stay with). There are quite a few expressions for that. "宿主" would make people think of parasites, but in this particular context it's easy to figure out what you mean. :)

I think you're learning quite fast if you can read and type after two semesters! I can correct your last sentence a little: 我在大学里学了两个学期的中文。(Your expression is mostly okay, but it sounds more natural this way.) 但那是两年前了。我都忘记老师教我们什么了 (or: 我都忘记老师教的东西了)。

大家好!!

我剛剛發現這張帖子。我不知道有AVEN的人講中文————好厲害阿!我最近搬到台灣來學中文。我有一個台灣朋友跟我分享這本影片因為我這麼常說“對不起我的中文不好”:

:P

我花今天晚上讀BAIDU的無性戀網站。我覺得“无性恋的两个人怎么睡觉?”是最可愛的 ^_^。

如果我說錯了,請你告訴我 :)。

Notte stellata

Caspian你好!我看到你这个帖子之前还以为你一直住在台北呢。 :) 中文是我的母语,所以我会讲中文没什么厉害的,哈哈。你的中文说得挺好的,只有两个稍微不太自然的地方:

“我這麼常說“ —— ”我经常这么说“比较好。

”我花今天晚上讀...“ —— 你可以说”我今天晚上读了...“或者”我今天花了一晚上读...“。 :)

哥兒們好!

總有一天會有個地方我可以跟哥兒們聊。

小弟是個論壇的老成員。

我本來是個正宗的越南人可是已經具有九年漢語學習與交流的經驗。

我會簡體與繁體,會北京口音與台灣口音。

進入這個論壇就意味著我明明是個無性戀者。

我從來沒有跟任何男人與女人發生啥感情也希望成為個純粹的無性戀者。

我非常熱愛這個論壇總把這個地方看做我第二個家庭。

希望在這裡我能夠跟大家聊得很開心。

• 3 months later...
SorryNotSorry

Can anyone translate the name Hua Hsu (the U has an umlaut over it) into an English approximation?

I can repost the original story if you need some context to work with...

Archived