1. 1. Do you like AVEN?

• You kidding? I love it!
    • It's okay
    • I have a love/hate relationship with this site
    • I don't like it much but I come here anyway
    • No, I don't
    • I don't care about answering this, I just like polls

This poll is closed to new votes

Well, I'm new, so I may be wrong with some things. But anyway, I think it's lovely how we can all get together here and be who we are without holding anything back. I also love how everyone's so nice! ^_^ I'm still a bit confused with some things in the site, but I'm always like this whenever I'm starting out with a new account.

tl;dr yes, I like AVEN.

I voted "You kidding? I love it!"

Because, I do love AVEN. It's really a safe place where people can come, and you can't find that in too many places.It's really one of the only places I feel completely safe talking about all aspects of myself, specifically asexuality. Great people, and great discussions, who can beat that?

The Scrabbler

I can't function without a forum to be a part of. After I left my old forum (disagreement over someone else's discipline), I needed somewhere to go, and I found AVEN! I love it here, and will never leave. NEVER!!!!

"You kidding? I love it" pretty much sums it up. :)

This.

Cake for everyone! :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

If I didn't like it, why would I be posting here? :wacko:

I enjoyed meeting everyone at the recent London meet - nice bunch of people, and have started recognising other member's posts and writing styles now, so I guess I'm fitting in a bit more.

I do notice there's not much support for regular members. There are lot of newcomers who join, say "I never realise asexuality existed" and are never heard of ever again, and not too many people actively posting who've been around for more than three years. Whereas a quick glance through recent topics of another forum I'm on reveals people who've been around since 2002 / 2003, near when it first opened. Wonder why that is? I guess there's only so much you can say about the subject, and after while people might just gravitate to JFF where they're basically talking to friends.

One reason might be that on SABRE, being a topic generally restricted to people in the UK (although Ireland is getting more popular), means we all meet up on a regular basis, and the core group have all met each other in real life several times and know each other well. Some of them are now my best friends. When you're talking online to people you've actually met, you're less likely to rip their head off, and this spirit of camaraderie kind of gets filtered down to the newer members. I think a similar sort of thing happens here as we're designed to be a tolerant and welcome community.

AVEN is okay. There are somethings I disagree with and think could be done differently. But then again, you're hard-pressed to find a site where you'll not eventually find something wrong with it. AVEN is great for what it's purpose is, and I frequent it. It's good definitely outweighs it's bad.

Janus the Fox

... Well, AVEN has a very high design standard than other forum sites, colour schemes not too harsh and the like. It is also one of very few forums that is run democratically.

The site is inviting enough for its people to be comfortable enough to post almost everything about themselves. Other that a few crisises, the forum is generally quiet but is unique enough to pique my interest for almost over a year now. It is the only forum that has kept me active for the duration.

...as I read back on things, it has helped me discover things that I would know nothing about and helped me discover who I am as a person.

Waist of Thyme

I love AVEN :D It's the only community that I can actually stay at without losing interest for one reason or another.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I was tempted to pick* the last choice >.< just because I love polls :redface:

I have a love/hate passion about Aven, I love the site, but dislike a lot very particular situations, which I have somehow stated before and will not do it in this thread now.

I was tempted to tick the last choice >.< just because I love polls :redface:

I have a love/hate passion about Aven, I love the site, but dislike a lot very particular situations, which I have somehow stated before and will not do it in this thread now.

I totally thought of you when I saw that last choice! :lol:

In general, yes. I don't always feel like I can identify with the people here despite still technically being ace, though. But that isn't necessarily anyone's fault, so...

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I was tempted to tick the last choice >.< just because I love polls :redface:

I totally thought of you when I saw that last choice! :lol:

:redface: I believe you. :lol:

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

Love/hate relationships with things (and sometimes people, haha) are my specialty; AVEN is no different. :P

This apply to me too lol however more about Aven :lol: but normally I don't have a love/hate with some avenites, more than with what they do.

I do think that AVEN is one part of some steps in the right direction to bringing to the forefront aspects of humanity and people which have previously been lacking study and representation, but I really just like polls. :D

heebeejeebees

I like AVEN so much, it's the only forum I've ever joined. I'm not a joiner and it took me a while, but I heart AVEN.

Love/Hate... though I do feel I enjoy AVEN more when I don't try to get too involved (with an exception being the JFF fun that used to occur constantly).

... Well, AVEN has a very high design standard than other forum sites, colour schemes not too harsh and the like. It is also one of very few forums that is run democratically.

The site is inviting enough for its people to be comfortable enough to post almost everything about themselves. Other that a few crisises, the forum is generally quiet but is unique enough to pique my interest for almost over a year now.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

You ask: Do I like Aven?

I answer: No. And the reason I don't like Aven is because I LOVE it!

Unlike most forums, moderation is discreet but still does its job properly, people's tastes and opinions are respected and accepted however controversial and there are some great threads.

It's okay. It's a great place for asexual people to come to figure themselves out and meet other asexuals. However, I chose the last option; the first place I always check when I come to this site is the Census Forum section just because I like to take polls.

• 1 month later...

Meh, it's okay. People are super PC here, and I don't get to chat with a lot of people 1 on 1. There is hardly a community feel and I get tired of the same topic over and over. In fact, I sort of hate it, but I come here anyways. I have a pretty boring life and only one online forum to go to, so may as well kill some time.

Archived