Census Archive

ithaca

Hello everyone,

Some of you may remember this discussion about tidying up Census forum.

Larien has been working on this for a long time and after a lot of effort on her part, we're glad to announce that it's close to being finished. Larien said she would have liked to have finished it herself, but as many of you know, she had to step down from Admods to give priority to her studies. Luckily for us, we just need a few clicks to complete the task, as she had already basically prepared everything and she keeps helping us as a member.

Therefore, as you may all notice, a new subforum has been opened in Census, named Census Archive, containing itself several subforums to divide threads according to the year they were posted. In the next few days, we will follow Larien's detailed instructions and simply move 'archived' polls into their specific subforum.

While tidying up, some of the newer polls may also be moved to other forums, and we will inform the respective OPs if and when we move them.

A huge thank you to Larien for her amazing work, and we hope you will enjoy the new organization of the forum!

ithaca, Admin

It needs a few tweaks, probably, but Census Archive is pretty much finished. Happy Birthday, Larien ^_^ :wub:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To continue and maintain the great work that Larien started, you may have noticed some of the polls disappearing. This is the message attached to them, in case you are interested in where they have gone. It explains future actions in Census as well.

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

• 2 years later...

what is the trend of polls disappearing? I noticed a ton got locked and archived yesterday. is this because they were all a year old? or is this something that happens to all census threads this time of year, and so I should wait for the process to finish before adding new polls? or something else? what's the archive schedule or life cycle of polls?

• Like 1

At the beginning of each month, I go through and archive (lock/move) all the polls that are over a year old at that point. Like at the beginning of this month (December 2015) I archived all the polls that were made in November 2014, kind of treating it like it "expired" at the end of the following November. You can make polls whenever you'd like (including recreating any archived ones) ^_^

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i am starting the archiving of the July 2016 threads to 2016.

just to let people know that I will be tagging thread starter in the post to the post of closing :)

• 1 year later...

A new thing we are trying is that seasonally appropriate threads will be archived earlier.

this is to encourage them to be repolled when it comes to the season.

for instance, the couple of christmas 2017 threads will be archived when they become a year old and hopefully this means that they will be restarted by members :)