Going from sexual to asexual, castration

nuchnow

5 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be neutered for your asexual wife?

• Yes
    • No
    • Never
    • Yes but only chemical castration to see if I like it

I used to be very sexual but married to a woman who did not appreciate or enjoy sex, made for a lot of conflict.

She, being a farm girl saw how neutering affects a male and knew it would work for us. She said I could have as much sex from her as I wanted after. And so I did. My desire for and enjoyment of sex pretty much faded after a while and I rarely want to now.

Has any one else tried this and what has been your experience.

Well now, I've seen you going on and on about this neutering thing all over the board, it's getting quite interesting (and repetitive, to be honest XD ), so I've made a short research. Googling "neutering human male" gives a first result as "Neutering" on wikipedia, referred to animals, while it's called "castration" for humans, apparently. It's well known that both physical and chemical catration reduce sex drive or eliminate it altogether and/or make the subjects infertile.

Here's another link about human castration. Anyway, since you've made very similar posts and a similar thread (asking if there are other eunuch couples on AVEN), I suggest keeping similar questions in one topic only, in order not to have duplicates and alike.

Coming from the other side here (ace, with a partner who is sexual), so I didn't vote in the poll...

I'd do it in a heartbeat; I also think that it would make life with a sexual partner much easier, seeing as my repulsion pretty much means that the moment I get an erection, the situation is over - castration would give me immensely more leeway to have (one-sided) sex in real life for the sake of pleasuring a partner.

Unfortunately, it's not legal over here anyway. Even the chemical version is near impossible to get approved nowadays (seeing as most testosterone blockers have severe side effects, including high cancer risk, I kinda can understand it). *sigh*

BTW: I think the equation "castrated == asexual" in the title is rather unfortunate, to say the least.

The Great WTF

I doubt I'd allow my partner to do such a thing even if we were married. I don't believe in the permanence of any relationship and there is no way in hell I would allow him to get castrated if there's even a slight chance that one day he might find himself in a different relationship.

I doubt I'd allow my partner to do such a thing even if we were married. I don't believe in the permanence of any relationship and there is no way in hell I would allow him to get castrated if there's even a slight chance that one day he might find himself in a different relationship.

Yeah. That's worse than a tattoo that says SHELLY.

BTW: I think the equation "castrated == asexual" in the title is rather unfortunate, to say the least.

Totally agreed. Being castrated is not the same as being asexual.

Asexuality is a sexual orientation, some aces are nonlibidoists, some have a normal libido; the thing in common is that they don't find anyone sexually attractive.

Mostly Peaceful Ryan

:blink: I don't think that a knife or chemicals should go anywhere near that area. I wouldn't ask my partner to ever do that, But I must isn't there an easier way to lower libido then castration? :huh:

Totally agreed. Being castrated is not the same as being asexual.

Asexuality is a sexual orientation, some aces are nonlibidoists, some have a normal libido; the thing in common is that they don't find anyone sexually attractive.

It doesn't mean asexual in the sense of sexual orientation. However, the word asexual has another meaning in biology (asexual reproduction and such). To be without (or with non functioning) sex organs whether by birth or not, is also a meaning of the word asexual.

Agreed. Doing it for the sake of a specific partner could easily turn out to be the biggest regret of one's life. That's exactly what I meant in my above post - I'd do it for myself first and foremost, if I had the legal possibility; the fact that my partnership would profit from it wouldn't be my sole concern in it, and if it were a pressing issue in it I'd be more worried about the state of the 'ship in the first place.

Like I said, my sitch is different from the original question of the thread - every partnership I could ever imagine myself in anyway would be one that either profits from my castration, or at least is in no way hindered by it. A sexual partner who'd get a castration for their 'ship with an ace would be taking a gamble, whereas I'd be playing a safe shot.

Archived