Forum Purpose and Guidelines

Replicated, in part, and modified from this post, which has been archived for historical purposes.

Welcome to the Musings and Rantings forum.

Purpose

This is the forum where you can post your thoughts, tirades and experiences related to asexuality. If it's about asexuality but doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is your general-purpose stop! If in doubt, consider:

• Any relationship posts should be posted in Relationships

• Any posts with questions about asexuality should be posted in Q&A

• Any non-asexuality related posts should be posted in Off-A

• Any posts of a basically joking nature should be posted in Just For Fun

If you're still not sure where a post should go, feel free to hazard a guess, and a mod will move it if necessary.

The forum guidelines are listed below. Questions or comments about them may be directed toward the current Asexual Musings and Rantings Moderator, or any of the other Admods.

Forum Guidelines:

• Controversy is fine, getting frustrated and even angry is fine. At my discretion, though, I may communicate with users to keep things from getting out of hand. My goal is to keep discussions respectful and productive.

• Personally insulting other users is not allowed. Neither is posting derogatory content about broad groups of people. (Special note: It's fine to talk about how and why you dislike sex, but posting derogatory content about sexuals is not.)

• There are a number of topics that some users experience difficulty with, including graphic sexual descriptions, non-consensual sex (abuse/rape), suicidal thoughts/actions, self-harming, etc. Such topics must have a TMI or trigger warning listed in their titles. If you know how to use them, spoiler tags are also really helpful. At the current Asexual Musings and Rantings Moderators discretion, TMI/trigger warnings, placing content under spoiler tags, or even remove content from view, as may be needed.

• Making judgements about other users, especially about the validity of their asexuality, is strongly discouraged. We are here to figure ourselves out, not to put each other in boxes.

• Before starting a new topic, please search the first two pages of these forums for any potentially similar thread topics. At the current Asexual Musings and Rantings Moderators discretion, can merge new topics of a similar subject nature into one of the same Topic.

• If you see something offensive/off-topic/otherwise inappropriate, please PM an Admod or use the report button, found in the top right hand corner of each post, under the Ellipsis 'More Options' Button in the current Software. Please refrain from responding to, or posting about, the offending comment. Chances are, it can be worked out without further escalating the situation.

Please note, when the current Asexual Musings and Rantings Moderator is communicating in official capacity as a moderator in the forum,  text will appear in bold, and green with a Signature. Pay attention when the current Asexual Musings and Rantings Moderator is posting in such a fashion, as this will usually be an attempt to sort out a potentially problematic situation before having to resort to applying disciplinary action after enough Reminders has been given in a given Thread.

• Like 8

How does Musings and Rantings differ from Hot Box? I've never understood that, unless Hot Box is simply M and R to the tenth degree.

• Like 1

How does Musings and Rantings differ from Hot Box? I've never understood that, unless Hot Box is simply M and R to the tenth degree.

Hot Box is for all the highly controversial topics, including non-asexual related ones. You're also allowed to be a bit more 'vocal' in Hot Box than you would be here.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Qutenkuddly

Um, I'm sorry to bother you but the Common Thread Topics link is broken - at least, I'm getting an error when I click on it.

Ditto.

Oh my! I didn't realize that link was still posted. The thread got eaten by a site update quite some time ago. I'm certain one the current mods for this forum will tidy things up soon.

• Like 1

Um, I'm sorry to bother you but the Common Thread Topics link is broken - at least, I'm getting an error when I click on it.

Ditto.

Oh my! I didn't realize that link was still posted. The thread got eaten by a site update quite some time ago. I'm certain one the current mods for this forum will tidy things up soon.

For the moment I have reworded the post. However I'll do a full and proper rework of the thread soon.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention!

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Does aromanticism count as a topic related to asexuality? If not where should I go to post about that? 

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...