Libidoist or Non-Libidoist? *possibly TMI*

ithaca

What's your relationship with your libido?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you say you have a libido?

• Yes, I have a libido
    • No, I don't have a libido
    • I'm not sure yet
  2. 2. How would you describe your libido, if you can?

• High
    • Normal
    • Low
    • Non existent
    • I'm not sure yet
  3. 3. How often do you experience libido?

• Daily
    • Several times a week
    • Usually once a week
    • Less than once a week
    • Rarely
    • Never
    • I'm not sure yet
  4. 4. If you experience libido, how do you take care of it?

• I masturbate
    • I have sex with my partner
    • Either of the two above, according to the situation
    • I do not take care of it, I just wait till it's "over"
    • I voted as non-libidoist
    • Other (please explain)

This poll is closed to new votes

Apparently we need a poll, I can't find one specifically about libido.

Being myself non-libidoist, I hope I didn't screw up any question/answers. If I have, please say so and I will edit/add/remove anything you may need.

If I may, please, I would ask sexual partners, friends and allies to abstain from this poll so that we can have a better idea of the libido-factor among the asexual members of AVEN.

As for libido (aka sex drive), we mean here that "urge" to take care of your own sexual pleasure, and NOT the desire to have sex with someone. So basically, do you feel that "itch" that "needs to be scratched"? Do you take care of it with masturbation or you don't (or find other solutions)?

Discuss!

For what it's worth - although I sometimes masturbate to deal with libido stuff, it's not necessarily that I have to "deal with a need" - sometimes I just I like the sensation and my body is like "yes yes good". Although other times if I just don't feel like doing anything I just ignore it. For example, maybe I wear tight pants and they rub awkwardly or something; I usually just kinda ignore it unless I'm in the mood for doing something and the situations are ideal (i.e. I'm not in class or something).

Waist of Thyme

Non-libidoist. I've never felt the "itch that needs to be scratched", so to speak. I used to masturbate, but I did it because I liked the feeling.

I put: Not sure, not sure, not sure and other. It seems non existent most of the time, but occasionally, it acts up and reminds me that it's there. However, it's also brief when that happens that I don't do anything about it.

I don't know when/how much I feel it, but when I do I read something that will make me feel better (ie pronz~)

If I can't find anything good enough I just live with it, masturbation has never really worked for me :/

Libidoist, low, around once a week but variable which can be ignored or cured with masturbation... :ph34r:

Umm... I interpreting the low, normal, high libido as an intensity/strength thing in which case it is low the majority of the time, but is variable (I have "off days" so to speek).

I'm sure that the libido is significantly lower than the average male according to flimsy statisticts, otherwise there is no true "norm" with libido.  

Low libido, but I do get sexual urges pretty much every day. They are not so strong that I always need to act upon them though. For instance, I only masturbate a couple of times a month. However, I do often play out sexual fantasies in my head to let off some sexual tension. I swear my imagination is better than the real deal. :)

I voted, yes- high -daily - i masturbate.

Unless work pressures get too heavy, I feel the need to masturbate everyday. I feel it makes me calmer.

The daily need to masturbate made it really confusing for me, cause earlier I would think, "ok i have this urge, but just hate doing it with my partner. What the heck is wrong with me."

The only itches I've got are actual itches. And mosquito bites, I guess. Stupid bugs.

Mostly Peaceful Ryan

The only itches I've got are actual itches. And mosquito bites, I guess. Stupid bugs.

OMG this made me laugh so hard cause I told a friend once the most pleasurable thing I ever got from that area was itching a bug bite :lol:

Would you say you have a libido?

Yes.

How would you describe your libido, if you can?

High.

How often do you experience libido?

Daily.

If you experience libido, how do you take care of it?

I masturbate.

Yes.

High.

Daily.

I masturbate.

Same as me :lol:

Yes.

High.

Daily.

I masturbate.

Same as me :lol:

Wow. Good to know. I thought I was a really rare ace who had a high libido. Especially since when I voted I was the only one with a vote on high and daily.

It was confusing as hell to have an urge but not enjoy sex.... Glad I sorted that out.

Non libidoist. None. None.

I have masturbated but it was because partners asked me to. And out of total morbid curiosity. It was like "ok what is the point of this?" .... I just don't get it. And I will be perfectly happy to not do it ever again. :D

• 2 weeks later...

My libido (which I don't think of a 'thing' that happens) has varied in its levels over the years. I don't enjoy masturbation; I'd rather just go with mental images. For me the most important thing is making love with my beloved, and since he is in Spirit, that's a matter of remembering events across the veil rather than things on this physical plane.

WhenSummersGone

I have a high libido, or constant arousal, that I experience everyday. I usually just ignore it or masturbate whenever I get the time. It's very annoying and I'd rather not have it at all.

Ummm...No

How would you describe your libido, if you can

low

ummm hardly ever

masturbate and not because I have an,¨itch that needs to be scratched" usually most of the time I like how it feels

I have a high libido, or constant arousal, that I experience everyday. I usually just ignore it or masturbate whenever I get the time. It's very annoying and I'd rather not have it at all.

I agree with you. I'd rather not have it at all as well!

WhenSummersGone

I agree with you. I'd rather not have it at all as well!

Glad I'm not alone on this. :P

I've just realized that I do have in fact, have a libido. Just that, my way of dealing with it is repressing it.

Yes I have a libido, not sure if it's high, normal or low, I experience it maybe a few times in a week and I do not take care of it, I just wait till it's over (but I really wanted not to have it at all)

• 2 weeks later...
Janus the Fox

Nonlibidoist here

Fun TMI fact: It's still possible to 'enjoy' masturbation, even as a non-libidoist

Indeed:-

I think the term is Edging I believe. This is where masturbation and orgasm is achieved without mechanical means or without libido. Some may even use this technique to achieve also some kind of psychological pleasure, or achieve orgasm without erection in men.

• 1 month later...

Nonlibidoist here

Fun TMI fact: It's still possible to 'enjoy' masturbation, even as a non-libidoist

Indeed:-

I think the term is Edging I believe. This is where masturbation and orgasm is achieved without mechanical means or without libido. Some may even use this technique to achieve also some kind of psychological pleasure, or achieve orgasm without erection in men.

I would love to learn that way! Touching myself does nothing for me. But I do remember loving the feeling of orgasms. I'll have to look that up and see how it's done. You've piqued my interest.

I'd like to change my option to...

Yes

Normal

Daily-Wish there was a option for more than once a day.

Masturbate.

I'd like to change my option to...YesNormalDaily-Wish there was a option for more than once a day.Masturbate.

Do you want me to change your vote? If so, what were your answers before?

Archived