Q - Queer and Questioning

U - Unidentified

I - Intersex

L - Lesbian

T - Transgender, Transexual

B - Bisexual

A - Asexual

G - Gay, Genderqueer

This is better than LGBT on a few levels. Firstly, it's funny and awesome to say. Just try it - quiltbag. Haha. Secondly, it's pretty much all inclusive - asexuals are there, intersexed people are there, it's all fun times up in here. Thirdly, it's like on of those anagrams you get in school - people will find it easier to remember what things tend to go under that umbrella, and the idea that none of those letters should be missed out or treated as less important.

Any thoughts?

Janus the Fox

It pretty much all inclusive, it's difficult to change attitudes untoward the LGBT acronym as it is very well established. Otherwise I don't have a real preference on what is used or not.

I'll add the Wiki abstract...

Another acronym that has begun to spread is QUILTBAG, from Queer/Questioning, Undecided, Intersex, Lesbian, Trans, Bisexual, Asexual, Gay. Again, this is not a common term. Similarly, in some areas people are starting to simply use 'LGBTetc' or 'LGBTQetc' to include everyone.

-Seperate but equal is still unequal

Seems to me I've read an extension of that into "quiltbagpipers" or something like that. :)

I like wordplay and having fun with language and this appeals to me on the grounds of being more playful. :P

I like it! :cake: I find annoying when additional letters are stuck onto LGBT for much-needed inclusivity...and it turns into LGBTQ-yadda-yadda-blah-blah-whatever.

That's awesome and you're awesome.

Great Thief Yatagarasu

That's awesome and you're awesome.

I didn't make this - I saw it mentioned on tumblr, and it's apparently in the Urban Dictionary. :D

I do like the QUILTBAG acronym, but the first time I saw it, it kind of got ruined for me because someone pointed out that it doesn't include Pansexuality, and I can't think of a way to fit that in :lol:

I googled, because I was sure I had come across this before; see quiltbagpipe

Q = Queer

U = Undecided

I = Intersex

L = Lesbian

T = Transgender

B = Bisexual

A = Asexual

G = Gay

P = Pansexual

I – Intersex again cause theyre always left out

P = Polyamourous

E = Everyone else!

:D

• 7 months later...
WoodwindWhistler

For some unfortunate reason, I see "douchebag" when I see this. >.> I think "bag" just has a negative vibe in general. To bag on someone, old bag lady, etc.

TuesMorning

I'm waiting for the time when society realizes that everyone is unique and special, and should be respected. And we don't need to brand our friends and neighbors with special acronyms. When someone, anyone, will be able to say "don't worry, you're just human".

But until then, anything that says "Asexual" is A-Okay with me.

Qutenkuddly

Please do not revive threads that have been inactive for over 6 months.

Thread locked for necromancy.

Qutenkuddly,

Asexual Musings and Rantings Moderator

Archived