Nocturnal Arousal

Member4445

1. 1. Choose the most appropriate answer (BIOLOGICAL SEX, PLEASE)

• Male Asexual - Wet Dream
    • Male Asexual- No Wet Dream
    • Male Non-Asexual - Wet Dream
    • Male Non-Asexual - No Wet Dream
    • Female Asexual - Wet Dream
    • Female Asexual- No Wet Dream
    • Female Non-Asexual - Wet Dream
    • Female Non-Asexual - No Wet Dream
  2. 2. Are you aromantic? What is your wet dream status? (BIOLOGICAL SEX AGAIN, PLEASE)

• Aromantic Male - Wet Dream
    • Aromantic Male - No Wet Dream
    • Aromantic Female - Wet Dream
    • Aromantic Female - No Wet dream
    • Non-Aromantic

This poll is closed to new votes

Ok, I'm just going to be incredibly blunt about this, I've always wondered if asexual men have wet dreams. Now I've just found out that apparently women can have them too.

Have you, AVEN, ever had a wet dream?

Note in the poll, by use of 'non-asexual', I mean grey's, demi's, others plus sexuals. I mean no offense, if I had included every separate category, it would have gotten silly.

I'm going to write here instead of answer above....

WARNING: TMI below

I'm an asexual, aromantic, libidoist female and I have had one or two things in my life which might have been wet dreams, but I don't know for sure. They were unusually sexual dreams, that rather stood out from other dreams that had maybe just some random sexual-ish content but where otherwise normal. However, I've never been woken up by a dream, or woken with a distinct feeling of arousal, so I don't know for sure if this would be considered a wet dream. And I also haven't ever woken with like...evidence of orgasm, although it's a lot harder to tell with women and I tend to have issues with discharge/spotting from my birth control so I likely wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway.

Janus the Fox

Umm... I haven't had a wet dream in 10 years, I have put no wet dream as an aromantic asexual. If I remember correctly, it was incest. Otherwise I have had sexual dreams without the wet and do dreams with the wet :unsure: I have been absent of all but the downright bizarre dreams recently.

I have woken up during orgasms. I wasn't dreaming about anything sexual. I voted under female, because I think my sexual organs are closer to female. I don't think it is really correct to say that I'm biologically female any more than biologically male though. Just saying.

I didn't vote because I'm a gray romantic who isn't sure where they fall on the a-romantic/romantic spectrum.

I don't think it is really correct to say that I'm biologically female any more than biologically male though. Just saying.

Same here. I don't think I can vote at all. (I would if there had been an intersex option) But I haven't experienced wet dreams, no.

Biologically male, repulsed-romantic asexual. I've had "wet dreams", but they're exceedingly rare... maybe four or five in my entire life. The first one in my mid-late 20s, the last one a couple years ago by now, too.

I feel a compulsion to point something out. Biological sex isn't as clear cut as your poll makes it out to be. Secondly, following hormonal treatment in transgendered people, sex drive (and therefor the tendency to experience wet dreams) tends to reverse, thus skewing your results. Just saying.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm ace male, not aromantic, and get these every now and then, to my dismay. Because it's a totally involuntary thing (and doesn't even seem to be linked to what's going on with my dreams, sometimes it just happens), I still consider myself nonlibidoist and completely lacking any sort of sex drive.

Biological sex isn't as clear cut as your poll makes it out to be.

OP says: "I mean no offense, if I had included every separate category, it would have gotten silly."

It's clear cut enough for most. Almost everything I see in society where you can choose a sex has two options for male or female, whether it's for tests, polls, registration forms, locker rooms, bathrooms, you name it.

I may be making a stretch here, but this might have something to do with the fact that the vast majority of people fall under one of those two categories.

Secondly, following hormonal treatment in transgendered people, sex drive (and therefor the tendency to experience wet dreams) tends to reverse,

What exactly is the link to sex drive and the tendency to have these dreams? Because like I said above, I'm pretty sure mine is non-existent and it still happens to me.

I'm a male ex Aromantic and now define myself as Heteroromantic(well my prefered title is silly and long)and I have never had a wet dream.Up until a couple of years ago I hadn't even had dreams where I was kissing or holding someone.To be honest the whole idea kinda scares the crap out of me.

• 2 weeks later...

Male romantic grey-A here. I've had a few wet dreams in my life. I couldn't remember what I was dreaming though. It's soooo frustrating to wake up in the middle of the night all wet down there and having to get up to clean the mess. I think one of the reasons wet dreams happen is because when guys don't 'empty their contents' regularly, nature does so in the form of wet dreams. At least that's what I noticed in my case.

My last one happened over a year ago. I've been taking care of the cause more regularly now, haha.

Aromantic Asexual; never had a wet dream.

I once had this dream but I don't know if it qualifies:

I was an Agendered being (completly flat down there, nothing!), I was naked and had a strap-on dildo strapped to my body.

There was this naked girl in the room with me, and I remember looking at her then pulling off my strap-on dildo and throwing it at her. I then left the room saying "Do it yourself!"

Does it count?

Homoromantic asexual. I do get night time erections. The only wet dream I have ever had was at the precise onset of puberty, just one time and not since.

• 3 months later...
Grumpy Alien

I'm 20, female, grey/heteromantic, and have never had a dream involving sex. I'm assuming that's what you mean by wet dreams for "biological females"?

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I'm not sure if I should have voted. I'm female, asexual. I voted that I've had a wet dream only because I remember twice more recently that I had an orgasm in my dream from having sex. When I woke up, I was like "Oh that's how sex is supposed to feel..." because I've only once had sex that felt good. The only orgasm's I've had were my own doing when I was younger and still had raging hormones. But now being 28 and my hormones have settled, I don't ever feel the need to take care of it myself since I have no libido. So I do count those as 'wet dreams'.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had them, not recently though. Depends if I'm sleeping nude for some reason. so most of the time I have at least underwear on. Probably too much info, but hey...

TMI:

Well I dream about my characters having gay sex a lot which is really disturbing (they hate each other in my plot yet there they are in my dream having seemingly very loving sex...I think a fangirl has invaded my mind and taken control of my characters somehow...*shifty eyes*).

But I've never dreamt about myself having sex and I've never...'gotten wet' because of it or anything like that. I mostly jolt awake with a look of horror then do anything I can to scrub the images from my brain.

I put Female Asexual no wet dreams.

Whats a wet dream? :ph34r:

I doubt it has anything to do with swimming.... :mellow:

It's where you have a nocturnal emission. Where you ejaculate in your sleep without masturbating.

It's where you have a nocturnal emission. Where you ejaculate in your sleep without masturbating.

For real?

If you're asleep how do you know if you didn't masturbate or not? If you can sleep walk and talk surely... :o Well i never woke stuck to my sheets, so i guess thats a no from me. Thanks for clearing that up. ^_^

For real?

If you're asleep how do you know if you didn't masturbate or not? If you can sleep walk and talk surely... :o Well i never woke stuck to my sheets, so i guess thats a no from me. Thanks for clearing that up. ^_^

Generally in your sleep you experience sleep paralysis. Some people can and do sleep walk (I used to be one of them as a child). I don't generally sleep walk anymore as an adult but I think I have once or twice over the past 10 years or so. Due to the medications I take for mental illness I am generally down for the count when I take my pills and fall asleep. I did sleep walk every night multiple times when i was on Seroquel (medication) and actaully ate all night in my sleep. I'd wake up with empty packages on the couch and 3 to 5 bowls of cereal that had been eaten - IN MY SLEEP! Weird!! So needless to say I switched medications after I gained 50 pounds :( But generally people don't sleep walk or masturbate in their sleep. I guess it all depends on your brain and if you act out your dreams (there is a disorder with that!!) People can be asleep, talking, moving around the house, walking, picking up things, trying to cook food, etc. So I can see that someone would masturbate if they were dreaming about masturbating or having sex. Weird I know!

Having nocturnal emissions are nothing to be ashamed of if you have them. It's your body's way of cleaning out the old sperm that havent been "used" to keep your sperm fresh and ready to fertilize an egg.

I've had wet dreams even though I am female. Sometimes I dream about me having sex with someone or using toys on myself and I'll wake up soaked down there. EWW! I had a dream like that last night. I never feel sexual during the day so I have no idea why I get these dreams. Oh well.

For real?

Generally in your sleep you experience sleep paralysis. Some people can and do sleep walk (I used to be one of them as a child). I don't generally sleep walk anymore as an adult but I think I have once or twice over the past 10 years or so. Due to the medications I take for mental illness I am generally down for the count when I take my pills and fall asleep. I did sleep walk every night multiple times when i was on Seroquel (medication) and actaully ate all night in my sleep. I'd wake up with empty packages on the couch and 3 to 5 bowls of cereal that had been eaten - IN MY SLEEP! Weird!! So needless to say I switched medications after I gained 50 pounds :( But generally people don't sleep walk or masturbate in their sleep. I guess it all depends on your brain and if you act out your dreams (there is a disorder with that!!) People can be asleep, talking, moving around the house, walking, picking up things, trying to cook food, etc. So I can see that someone would masturbate if they were dreaming about masturbating or having sex. Weird I know!

Having nocturnal emissions are nothing to be ashamed of if you have them. It's your body's way of cleaning out the old sperm that havent been "used" to keep your sperm fresh and ready to fertilize an egg.

I've had wet dreams even though I am female. Sometimes I dream about me having sex with someone or using toys on myself and I'll wake up soaked down there. EWW! I had a dream like that last night. I never feel sexual during the day so I have no idea why I get these dreams. Oh well.

They teach this in schools? Am i the only person who got taught sweet FA in school? :mad:

What else did i miss out on? :o

For real?

They teach this in schools? Am i the only person who got taught sweet FA in school? :mad:

What else did i miss out on? :o

What is "FA"? Yes they teach briefly about nocturnal emissions. But not about female wet dreams.

• 6 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived