• I am not sure
    • I don't label myself
  4. 4. Do you Identify as Sapioromantic?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am not sure
    • I don't label myself

JosephVNewman

I wish I had waited to take this instead of taking it day one of accepting my asexuality. I've done more searching and learning, both online and within my own self. I would love to change my answers from

• hetero-romantic
  • romantic
  • no
  • yes

to

• hetero-romantic
  • demi-romantic
  • no
  • no

because it fits better.

Nomad in Stasis

1. Romantic Orientation: Panromantic

2. Placement in the Romantic Spectrum: Demiromantic

3. Identify as Lithromantic: Yes

4. Identify as Sapioromantic: No

• 3 weeks later...

1. Aromantic

2. Aromantic

3. No

4. Yes

I had to look up Sapioromantic, but once I knew the definition I had to agree. As an Aromantic I am not really romantically attracted to anyone, but I tend to become close friends with people who are intelligent and can keep up with me mentally. I get all of my emotional needs fulfilled by my friends. I have no patience for people who are not as I described. Thus, I am led to believe I fit in this genre.

I wish I had waited to take this instead of taking it day one of accepting my asexuality. I've done more searching and learning, both online and within my own self. I would love to change my answers from

• hetero-romantic
  • romantic
  • no
  • yes

to

• hetero-romantic
  • demi-romantic
  • no
  • I am not sure

because it fits better.

Edited your answers.

WOW! Who knew?? I didn't know there were so many different types of romance as well as sexuality! The things you learn! Had to look up a couple of these as I had never heard of them!

I would say Aromantic. I have no interest in being in a relationship of any kind. I get fulfillment by having friendships that connect on a deeper level.

breensprout

panromantic, romantic, no, and no

i used to think i was sapioromantic until i started feeling like that term was confusing/limiting/pointless because there are lots of different types of intelligence, so like... whoever i end up liking is probably going to have one kind or another

I have times when I feel sensual and romantic attraction, but not sexual. I am heteroromantic.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't remember voting in this poll and I apparently picked the wrong romantic orientation. :o My bad, wish I could edit the vote.

This is what I identify with:

1) I don't label myself

2) Greyromantic

3) No

4) Yes

I didn't remember voting in this poll and I apparently picked the wrong romantic orientation. :o My bad, wish I could edit the vote.

This is what I identify with:

1) I don't label myself

2) Greyromantic

3) No

4) Yes

I can change your answers for you if you tell me what you initially picked.

I picked "hetero" instead of "I don't label myself" in the first question. The others are correct. If you could edit that, then that would be great, thank you ^_^

I picked "hetero" instead of "I don't label myself" in the first question. The others are correct. If you could edit that, then that would be great, thank you ^_^

Done.

1. Homoromantic

2. Romantic

3. No

4. No - While intelligence is very important to me, it is not ALWAYS first and foremost to my decision in choosing a mate. When I meet a person I tend to rely on my intuition and their physical aesthetics (my preference their eyes and voice). Online, I go by their intelligence.

• 2 weeks later...
Flowers and Ghosts

I put panromantic, demiromantic, lithromantic and sapioromantic!

In hindsight I probably should have put not-sure for lithromantic because I do somewhat desire for love for be reciprocated but I never act on it because of my social anxiety/aversion to relationships in general but after looking up the definition I just felt like it described my life up until this point. :huh:

1. Heteroromantic

2. Aromantic

3. Yes

4. No

I often fantasise about being in love with a woman, but want to stay single long-term.

I had to look up the meanings of the last two options.

candicemon

I identify as homoromantic because I find myself for the most part aesthetically and romantically attracted to women. I have had platonic crushes on people of other genders but typically find my attraction to them less intense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
swim2thesun

I'm sort of Aromantic, as I have no real desire to form romantic relationships with people but I also don't limit myself with that. I feel as though I could be in a relationship with someone, no matter their gender identity.

• 2 weeks later...
deleted_user_072223

Wow, interesting question! And one I was actually a bit unsure about, which surprised me.

I put heteroromantic, because I have only ever been romantically attracted to guys. I've tried to figure out why this is for years (and there have been many times when I wished I was biromantic so it might be easier to find a partner, but I simply can't imagine myself dating a girl), until eventually my very-supportive dad said, "That's what you're attracted to. Some people are really into fat people for no reason they can figure out, and you're into guys, but without the sex. No big deal." Well put, Dad. :)

As for the romantic spectrum... I'm less sure. As a kid, from the age of five until thirteen, I almost always had a crush, though looking back I think I may have been mistaking aesthetic attraction for romantic attraction, or (due to going to a school where guys and girls could never be "just friends") I thought that because I liked a boy in any way, I must like him romantically. For about five years during my teens, I was only romantically interested in one person, but since I let him go two years ago, I haven't had a single crush. I want to be in a relationship (though it's not a priority), but I've wondered occasionally if I might be demi-romantic or grey-romantic. For now, though, I'll just go with romantic.

I actually had never heard of lithromantic before - I'm not, but that's an interesting concept! And I put "I'm not sure" for sapioromantic, because I've seen quite a debate on the exact definition of this. I do tend to feel some kind of attraction toward very intelligent people, but I don't think it's romantic, more... admiration. As in, I definitely don't want to date Stephen Hawking. XD A bit like aesthetic attraction: I'm an artist and collect pictures of beautiful people, but have no desire to even meet them unless I think they're nice. And yet I feel very certain that being quite intelligent is one of the things I would most desire in a romantic partner, so it's still a fairly important factor in romantic attraction for me. Confusing...

This was a really great question idea, and one that got me thinking even more about myself, so thanks for posting!

Squirrel Combat

This poll was a piece of cake. I know excatly who I am! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Lithromantic! Wow, feels so good to say that. I am no longer confused. This poll really helped to clear up the different points of the spherical spectrum. For the first time ever, I feel like I completely understand how I "operate" for lack of a better term.

DemisexualHulk

Aromantic twice, No twice

Benjaminthecoathanger

1. Heteromantic- except I've had a few girl crushes before so I'm not sure if that should be bi romantic

2. Grey romantic

3. Lithromantic- I didn't even know that that was a romantic orientation, I thought that that was just me!

4. Possibly sapiomantic- except that I don't see the point of it as a romantic orientation/on the spectrum (sorry if I got any terms wrong- I'm new at all this) and all of the people I talk to on a regular basis are clever

Biromantic - errr I think (I find girls attractive and have wanted to cuddle and be close to a female friend before but find it hard to identify whether that makes me biromantic or just friends)

Grey-Romantic

Yes to Lithromantic (can't believe there's a term for that.. :o I can understand why people might not like labels but I feel relief having them to identify with ^_^ ) Have never expected or wanted reciprocation, probably why it took me so long to understand that my husband truly wanted to be with me

No to Sapioromantic as a label for myself BUT I find intelligence and wit - anything that makes a 'great mind' very appealing and can be quite sexy too :)

Having said all that... I could also be Aromantic in which case..ignore the rest (unless one counts crushes as romantic attraction? :huh: )

D

Biromantic,

Romantic,

Lithromantic,

Not sure about Sapioromantic.

I wish in the poll there was also the option "do you identify as polyamorous?", I would have said yes.

• 2 weeks later...
Happydays97

1.Hetroromantic

2.Demiromantic

3.No

2.No

• 2 weeks later...

I originally voted Heteroromantic, I am not sure, No, and No, but if someone could change Heteroromantic to Aromantic that would be great.

Having said all that... I could also be Aromantic in which case..ignore the rest (unless one counts crushes as romantic attraction? :huh: )

D

I think most people here define crushes as being romantic attraction. Squish is the word for crushes that aren't romantic in nature.

I originally voted Heteroromantic, I am not sure, No, and No, but if someone could change Heteroromantic to Aromantic that would be great.

D

I think most people here define crushes as being romantic attraction. Squish is the word for crushes that aren't romantic in nature.

Done. (I also changed my own vote from andro-romantic to hetero-romantic, so if you see no change in the number of people who put hetero-romantic, that's why).

I'm feeling kind of lonely in polyromantic. ^^'

Archived