• I am not sure
    • I don't label myself
  4. 4. Do you Identify as Sapioromantic?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am not sure
    • I don't label myself

Aromantic

I don't know what the hell lithoromantic or sapioromantic even vaguely mean, what language is this

I haven't heard of this term before so I just put 'not sure' because I couldn't really find much information on it.

It's the sad truth of these labels

I would have personally put them with the other orientations, as they shouldn't be considered apart, in my opinion. Any gender preferences from lith or sapioromantics could have been expressed in a post, but it now seems like there's tons of sapioromantic people, which i'm not really sure about.

earlymorningechoes

I marked panromantic for the first one because I'm wavering between whether I'm pan- or homoromantic but am sort of just leaning towards homoromantic within panromanticism. /longexplanation

Romantic, no, and not sure. I don't think I'm exactly attracted specifically to intelligence, but I might be as a look back on the people I've been romantically attracted to.

1. Biromantic

2. Probably romantic but I voted not sure anyway, since I don't know XD

3. No

4. No

I generally prefer not to be labelled though, kinda makes life less complicated that way.

princesspeach

1. I said not sure because while I've never been in a relationship with a girl I can't really rule out the possibility - being physically attracted to neither sex I may find a girl in the future who I desire a queer platonic or romantic relationship with :P (especially seeing as they are easier to understand then men :P)

2. Wtfromantic - I thought I am romantic but being in a romantic relationship makes me miss being single... Weird... So I actually have no idea

3. No

4. Yes

Wow it's actually a lot better to write out what I'm thinking to process it!!

1. I said hetro, based on my limited experience (2 guys)

2. Gray. I'll leave it at that.

3. I wouldn't add lith as a label, but it does describes me reasonably well. So yes.

4. No. I don't understand it, but I'm sure I'm not it.

EDIT: So much for not adding lith to the label.

But it seems accurate. So I'll run with it.

I agree with some of the other posters saying that sapioromantic is kind of a non thing because everyone has personality preferences in attraction anyway and coming up with yet another label for every different personality type you might like is a bit silly. Just a thought.

Aromantic

I don't know what the hell lithoromantic or sapioromantic even vaguely mean, what language is this

I haven't heard of this term before so I just put 'not sure' because I couldn't really find much information on it.

It's the sad truth of these labels

I would have personally put them with the other orientations, as they shouldn't be considered apart, in my opinion. Any gender preferences from lith or sapioromantics could have been expressed in a post, but it now seems like there's tons of sapioromantic people, which i'm not really sure about.

A lot more than liths, it seems. I wouldn't have expected that.

Personally, while I have no problem with sapios, I have trouble understanding it.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted Biromantic, romantic, no and not sure.

I put not sure because sometimes I feel like intelligence does make people attractive. But it is the first time I have heard this term so I have not had enough time to reflect on it.

• 3 weeks later...
I am Sherlocked

I'm just straight up not sure or don't really care to label myself with all of these things. I'd like to think I'm somewhere between hetero-romantic or aromantic. But I'm just really not sure. Media and the way the world and the friends I surround myself with confuse me at times when it comes to the idea of being in a relationship with a man. But then I rationalize and think to myself that in the end, I really don't give a damn about dating and relationships.

I am Sherlocked

I voted Biromantic, romantic, no and not sure.

I put not sure because sometimes I feel like intelligence does make people attractive. But it is the first time I have heard this term so I have not had enough time to reflect on it.

Same here, I think intellect is a big factor in me just talking to a person and enjoying their company but it's also the first time ever hearing of such a label.

For example..

I would not usually be attracted to a guy like Alton Brown, the nerdy chef on food network, but his intelligence makes him so attractive to me!

I would marry someone who was that intelligent! haha

• 3 weeks later...

I'm an aromantic asexual who has rarely felt sexual attraction and has never felt romantic attraction to either gender. I was diagnosed with cyclothymia, a form of bipolar, a few years ago and the only time I ever felt any sexual attraction was during my hypomanic episodes (mild manic episodes). Even then, I only felt a limited amount of sexual attraction to men but that was about it. Now that I'm on the right medication for me, I no longer have hypomanic episodes and don't feel sexual attraction. I would also become more social and flirt with guys during these episodes but it never lead to anything sexual.

Mmm, I do still think i am more bitch romantic these days :redface:

• 3 weeks later...
CaptainObliviace

1. Panromantic

2. Romantic

3. I put not sure. I have had several lithromantic crushes (have one now), but I think they're the exception for me, not the rule. So I can understand being lithromantic, but I'm only somewhere on that spectrum, because most of my romantic attractions are not lithromantic.

4. I put not sure. Intelligence is important to my romantic attractions. I can probably say yes to this, because intelligence is a deciding factor for me, but I'm not sure about completely identifying as sapioromantic. It makes sense, just because I'm really intelligent and enjoy conversations with and spending time around people who can understand me.

Alice(AKA)Selene

1. aromantic

2. aromantic

3. no

4. no, however, I'm more inclined to like and spend time with intelligent individuals

• 2 weeks later...

I feels weird that I answered yes to the last question, because I don't really pay attention when it comes to loving people. I never really thought about it before, but I do kinda find myself only attracted to people who turn out to be intelligent, whatever that means. Huh.

1. I'm not sure

2. Romantic

3. No

4. No

I just like to consider myself a romantic asexual, if someone comes into my life who is wonderful and great, regardless of gender, I'd like that person. Is this what counts as panromantic? I don't know nor am I too fussed to find out.

1. Heteroromantic
  2. Demiromantic
  3. No
  4. Yes

Re no. 4: I am rather attracted - in theory, at least - to intelligent people. I do not choose friends based on intelligence, but romantically I admit that I find it uhhh..."hot" (for wont of a better term LOL) when a bloke who has the aesthetics I like to also be a rather smart cookie.

It so happens my SO is incredibly smart, which yes, I found attractive from the start to his level and type of intelligence. However, if he'd been a douchebag, that would have been WAY more of a turn-off than the sapio- part ;)

There's such a thing as demiromantic? Again me with the thinking I'm the only one! That means you can't fall in love with someone that ou don't already have an emotional connection with am I right? So happy I figured this out...!

• 2 weeks later...

I voted

hetero-romantic - i desire a relationship with a woman very much.

romantic- basically same as above.

lithromantic-no. i had to look that one up, but having an unrequited love sounds quite painful, that would be tough for me. i need to feel love coming back.

sapioromantic-yes. also had to look it up. intelligence is probably the biggest "turn on" for me.

Huh... I do find myself attracted to intelligence, but I don't think enough to be called an actual Sapioromantic.

Hetero-gray-romantic. Though I voted WTFromantic before (and I don't know how to change it).

I'm still pondering on whether I'm lithromantic or not.

Hard time answering this one. I don't really understand what the term "romance" refers to. There are people I care deeply for, but it has nothing to do with wanting to be close to them or even really interact with them beyond casual conversation. I went with "I don't label myself" on the first two. I consider myself gender blind and don't feel inclined to hang around any particular gender. When I look at forming a close friendship with someone I look for intelligence and similar interests, I love conversation and discussion with people who can change my views on things or teach me something I may not have known.

I don't think that was really the question, but it's the only answer I could honestly give.

1. Panromantic

2. Romantic (I just call myself romantic as a stand-in for panromantic anyways) - I do love a good romantic story (especially ones without sex in them) :)

3. Not sure - I guess I could be lithromantic. I've never been in a real relationship before. I would like my romantic feelings to be reciprocated. Maybe I should have voted "no" for this.

4. No - There's way more important things to me than intelligence. I'm more romantically attracted to someone who has a good sense of humor than someone who's smart. Not that I don't like smart people, it's just not what draws me to them. From my understanding, a sapioromantic person would only be attracted to someone because of their intelligence, which isn't me. That's why I don't really like Sheldon very much in The Big Bang Theory, even though he's ace. He is ace, right?

Just from my personal point of view, I think terms like sapioromantic are too strictly defined to be of any real practical use

For example, I could come up with the term humoromantic and say it means that you would only be attracted to someone because of their sense of humor and nothing else, and then people would just start to pile it on to their mountain of labels.

Archived