Would it bother YOU, if you never have sex/never have sex again?

Beachwalker

I wouldn´t mind having sex... once a year, and with someone I really love and who loves me too. ;) But I haven´t had sex in a while now and I´m great, so it doesn´t bother me and it wouldn´t bother me if I never had sex again. I wouldn´t like to stop cuddling and kissing though. I like that! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 23, and I hope to never have sex, it's just my nature. But you never know, things happen. In case you're wondering, I haven't as yet.

Sorry if my post sounds abrupt, I didn't mean for it to :)

TuesMorning

This is honestly something that I've never really thought of. So it goes without saying that it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. It would bother me if someone put pressure on me to do it, or put a gun to my head. I would have a big problem with that.

It would bother me if I never saw the sun again, or never had a plate of spaghetti again. Never saw a baseball game again. Never rode a motorcycle again... But sex and relationships rank up there with root canals and car accidents.

Asterion Orestes

Sunako

22 still a virgin and I'm happy to stay this way for the rest of my life

Me too--though I'm much older.

Never have had. Never wanted to. Probably will never want to, so I never will. Simple, eh? :)

Down in Texas

I have to confess I have not read the whole thread. However the question as I see it does not depend on anyone else's point of view it was simply ask would it bother you to never have sex again?

I would have to say yes it would bother me. Could I "live" without sex? If I had to. But would I miss it? For sure. If it were possible I would be sexually active till the day I take my last breath. I can not think of anything better than "good" sex.

forpetesake

I have no yearning for it, my experiences of it have been traumatic to put it mildly. I do not care for it. I have freedom. I have liberty.

• 2 weeks later...

Never had it, never wanted to. I've been reasonably happy without it. :)

I would be bothered on an intellectual level because I consider myself an old-fashioned romantic at heart and I carry some idealistic notions of sex in a loving long-term relationship, so I think I would be disappointed to remain a lifelong virgin and miss out on this particular human experience. Then again, perhaps my ideals don't exist at all so I should be happy if I am never disillusioned in that regard :rolleyes:

I won't be having it again and no, as there is neither any interest nor functioning in me anymore (just as many asexuals are, I believe, born similarly due to biologically/physiologically determined asexuality, due to differential brain structure/hormonal levels and/or blockages at the receptor level in the brain, but know it only as 'how they've always been').

I've had decades of sex prior. Was never that keen on it with men. Was only good for sharing, getting close, and making children. But loved it with women. However, I see other conflicting things as of priority - pure love, and most of all, reaching my spiritual potential in this lifetime. So, if I had the choice, I would not go back to being sexual - even though being asexual is so off-putting to the great majority of sexuals. But that's a good test of real love, isn't it.

Given the choice between getting closer to a person or 'God', I'd choose God (Source) every time.

Hi, Asha. It is great to see you posting around, and feeling at home!

Given your interest in 'spirituality', you may enjoy a look-see in the "Philosophy, Politics and Science" site. There is a fine 'pinned' thread, first thing! Enjoy! :)

• 2 weeks later...

===== START OF RANT =====

I've done it in the past. With too many.

-- Both causal and married sex. Both undercommitted and overcommitted. Both boring and memorable.

Let me tell you a secret -- after a while, it doesn't seem worth the effort !

There are better things in life that sex. Even sexuals have the expression "better than sex".

-- The joys of nature, the view from a mountain, unexpected beauty, in music or photography, profound cinema, ...

They made me believe I'd regret "not having sex". What a cruel culture we live in !

Try it if you want, but be prepared for disappointment.

-- There would be more asexuals in the world, if they were simply True to Themselves !

But as a by-product of sex, the exercise might do some good. It helps clean out bio-males' prostates.

-- And maybe it's good for bio-females' pelvic muscles, too. But don't believe it's the Answer to Everything.

The Big Shared Orgasm might happen, as rare as a meteor,

-- but for me it's a myth. More often, Sex is mutual masturbation with risk of infection.

The beatles sang "I want to hold your hand", but "I'd rather use my hand" (or fingers). Masturbation is more honest.

-- Believing you always please the Other is delusion and hypocrisy.

==== END OF RANT ====

SorryNotSorry

Sex just isn't a part of my life, and if I never have it again I couldn't care less. I have had relationships end because of it, and am single. I think it is highly unlikely I will ever be in a relationship again because I think it is highly unlikely I will meet someone else who wants a sexless relationship. I am reasonably content being single but am 100% content without sex. What does everyone else think sexuals/asexuals about the thought of not having sex again, would it bother you?

No.

To me it would be the equivalent of missing out on whatever hot product is being hyped at the moment. I'm a practical person, and practical things are rarely hyped because they're not glamorous.

It would not bother me in the slightest if I never had sexual intercourse again. Indeed, I am working towards this end. (I should never have married and had children. Biggest mistake of my life! That's what happens when you engage in the sexual business.)

Never having sex again would not bother me. On the other hand, never being in a romantic relationship again because of not having sex would.

I concur with Sophiatrist. ;)

I have no yearning for it, my experiences of it have been traumatic to put it mildly. I do not care for it. I have freedom. I have liberty.

That is the best way to be. Indifference, real indifference, to sex and the freedom and detachment that it brings are absolutely priceless.

Storm Dancing

===== START OF RANT =====

I've done it in the past. With too many.

-- Both causal and married sex. Both undercommitted and overcommitted. Both boring and memorable.

Let me tell you a secret -- after a while, it doesn't seem worth the effort !

There are better things in life that sex. Even sexuals have the expression "better than sex".

-- The joys of nature, the view from a mountain, unexpected beauty, in music or photography, profound cinema, ...

They made me believe I'd regret "not having sex". What a cruel culture we live in !

Try it if you want, but be prepared for disappointment.

-- There would be more asexuals in the world, if they were simply True to Themselves !

But as a by-product of sex, the exercise might do some good. It helps clean out bio-males' prostates.

-- And maybe it's good for bio-females' pelvic muscles, too. But don't believe it's the Answer to Everything.

The Big Shared Orgasm might happen, as rare as a meteor,

-- but for me it's a myth. More often, Sex is mutual masturbation with risk of infection.

The beatles sang "I want to hold your hand", but "I'd rather use my hand" (or fingers). Masturbation is more honest.

-- Believing you always please the Other is delusion and hypocrisy.

==== END OF RANT ====

The joys of nature, the view from a mountain, unexpected beauty, in music or photography, profound cinema,<----------Exactly.

Not really. I never had, and I don't mind if I never have. I think it will be weird if I have.

I'm 23, and I hope to never have sex, it's just my nature. But you never know, things happen. In case you're wondering, I haven't as yet.

Sorry if my post sounds abrupt, I didn't mean for it to :)

Not at all abrupt, RV. Your post is quite all right.

Not really. It would bother me if I never had physical contact again (hugging & kissing & cuddling & the like), but sex just isn't that important.

I most certainly would not be bothered by never having sex again. I am a homoromantic asexual and have no choice about it at the age of 39.

Archived