Beachwalker

Would it bother YOU, if you never have sex/never have sex again?

Gypsy1315

I would be happy if I never had sex again. 

• Like 2

Armaius

No, it wouldn't. I'd prefer it that way honestly.

IceQueenn

Not at all. I'm much happier without sex.

• Like 1

Ree83

It used to bother me but probably just because of the social view that it is normal and I felt like I wasn’t. But it doesn’t bother me now that I never have and probably never will. 

jay williams

It would bother me if someone expected me to have sex. As a person soon to be 70, the chances I could do it are slim (to none) anyway! Why bother?! 

Sex is overrated, but cuddling is WAY underrated!

Techie
42 minutes ago, jay williams said:

...but cuddling is WAY underrated!

I have suspected that but unfortunately have never been able to get a situation where I can indulge. I turn 58 this year and as far as I am concerned now, I can run out the clock.

• Like 3

AmberUK

When my husband left me in October I thought cool I never need to have sex again (I am 46). I like the idea of not having to make up excuses each night (at the time didn't realise they were excuses) and to not be scared to hug someone in case they think it means more. Plus sex gets in the way of great book reading time!

• Like 2

Silence4now

"if" I do or not does not really matter to me, but "why" does. I think the time of hoping someone I fall in love with will look at the real me and love me has passed. I am not excessively old or anything but trust has been lost. My faith is broken. I am not good with boundaries but the one I seem to be working on is a line that friendship can not go beyond. I guess in a way what I am doing is isolating myself from future pains. Not the healthiest solution I'm sure. There are so many amazing humans out there. I'm ok with them just finding each other and forgetting I exist. I am not healthy for myself or anyone else to enjoy a coffee much less physical contact. That is why it bothers me.

• Like 1

Techie
8 hours ago, Silence4now said:

I am not excessively old or anything but trust has been lost.

This statement is interesting because, besides love, I find it also applies to me and the job market. I am an over 50 Information Technology worker which pretty much guarantees I am unemployable outside my current job. The industry favors those under 40. I keep resumes online at various job sites but they are nothing spectacular as I do not embellish them with all kind of puffed up claims and overt lies. I have them so that I can, if interested, apply for a position I pretty much know I will never get but figure it is worth the try. However, when some firm out of the blue reaches out to me, I become very suspicious as I really have no trust at all for employers that basically seem to break out of their traditional hiring practices in this industry.

So, just the other day I received an inquiring from an agency representing a firm not far from my home. Commute would be great and it was probably a job I could do. But I had to ask myself why on earth they were contacting me when the industry goes for employees under 40 and there are certainly enough around if the compensation is good. So I did research and I found my answer. Review after review on employer rating sites of what a lousy company it was to work for with senior managers who are bullies and middle management that is incompetent. Very high employee turnover from people who could not take working in that kind of environment. So I had my answer as to why they were trolling the graveyard and reached out to me. No one who they would probably prefer to hire would even consider working for them. So I gather they are looking at older people who might be more tolerant of being abused and perhaps not savvy enough to actually use social media to research a company. The sad thing is I would feel the same way if someone told me they were in love with me. I could just not fathom what the reason or attraction would be at this stage of my life.

• Like 1

Sjean

Nope I am actually really excited to not ave sex again ever. I recently figured out I am grey A after knowing I was aromantic for a while. I cannot see the appeal of sex again and will not be doing it for someone else lol ever!!!

• Like 2

cdrdash

It would not bother me at all to never have sex again.   

When I accepted my asexuality, it was like the plug  was pulled out of me and all that angst over to have or not have sex drained out!  I have felt so much more relaxed since then.

• Like 2

will123
22 hours ago, cdrdash said:

It would not bother me at all to never have sex again.   

When I accepted my asexuality, it was like the plug  was pulled out of me and all that angst over to have or not have sex drained out!  I have felt so much more relaxed since then.

Now that is one way to put it. How long did it take you from finding out about asexuality, and identifying as ace? For me it was probably a day or so. When I read about it, everything clicked and I could relate to so much of it. It was such a HUGE relief! More to the story but I'll leave it at that LOL

will123
On 2/4/2020 at 9:46 AM, jay williams said:

It would bother me if someone expected me to have sex. As a person soon to be 70, the chances I could do it are slim (to none) anyway! Why bother?! 

Sex is overrated, but cuddling is WAY underrated!

I've never been unable to get 'close' to someone. Even if they were pretty and I liked them, I was unable to do anything about it. That is so far on the other side (pointing to the next township) of my comfort zone.

cdrdash
3 hours ago, will123 said:

Now that is one way to put it. How long did it take you from finding out about asexuality, and identifying as ace? For me it was probably a day or so. When I read about it, everything clicked and I could relate to so much of it. It was such a HUGE relief! More to the story but I'll leave it at that LOL

I almost immediately identified as ACE after finding out about asexuality but it took breaking up with my girlfriend at the time before I really accepted my asexuality and clicked into that relaxed attitude about not needing wanting sex.   It was about 2 years between finding out about asexuality and breaking up with her.

• Like 1