Would it bother YOU, if you never have sex/never have sex again?

Beachwalker

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

No, I never will try sex, I never had it and I'm in my late 20s, I also never want a relationship since that'll cause both stress and depression, i want to remain free and free moving.

On 9/29/2016 at 3:53 PM, Muggle said:

It wouldn't bother me at all, at 32 I've never had sex before, never so much as held hands with someone and do not see it in my future. When I was younger I used to worry about it a lot because of other's expectations, but as I've gotten older I've come to accept and understand that I may not be following the same path as the majority of the population, but I am on the right path for myself.

Pretty much the same feelings as me at 55. I was going to post something, but Muggle nails it.

I hope I'm not prying but reading thru the comments last night, I noticed a lot of negativity from those that could care less about not having sex. Is it because of the actual sex act, closeness to a partner or emotional/relationship connected?

W/ me when I was younger I may have been slightly attracted to girls, but never felt like going the "extra mile". IMO, I was kind of following the old fashioned idea that someone should have a relationship before have sex w/ a person. I could be friends w/ a girl, but that was all I was interested in. I never felt like going steady w/ someone either. Having never engaged in sex, I can't really say what my opinion of the "mechanics" of it.

I fantasize enough about people...I could live without sex.

Though I might entertain a passing notion to have sex, I would not be upset if I was told I couldn't or wouldn't have sex again.

I had a doctor once who was "concerned" about my lack of a sex life. (I didn't have sex for a long time in my late 30s and early 40s) He claimed it was a "need" and that it wasn't normal to go so long without it. That I might be physically sick or emotionally damaged or both. 

I'd thought to myself, "I never saw it as a need, not at any point in my life." But I nodded and told him it was probably because I hadn't dated much and hadn't met anyone sexworthy. When I call myself a "light gray asexual" I am acknowledging that I have a sex drive that's close to 1% of what's considered normal. Plus, I've had enough experience with sex to know I wouldn't miss it. 

@Tracy1, I'm the same way about attraction. I am definitely attracted to certain people, and repulsed by other people, but it doesn't extend beyond cuddling, maybe some kissing. Trading massages would be cool. 

And I am attracted to people who are conventionally attractive, to be honest. Not always, I have sometimes been accused of having odd tastes in men, but I usually respond to the way they look and the charisma they give off. Unfortunately, this often translates to sexual. 

On 22/07/2012 at 1:21 PM, Beachwalker said:

Sex just isn't a part of my life, and if I never have it again I couldn't care less. I have had relationships end because of it, and am single. I think it is highly unlikely I will ever be in a relationship again because I think it is highly unlikely I will meet someone else who wants a sexless relationship. I am reasonably content being single but am 100% content without sex. What does everyone else think sexuals/asexuals about the thought of not having sex again, would it bother you?

Assuming this wasn't for medical reasons and simply that my spouse was saying I don't want to anymore....It would be devastating to me to go without sex. Put plainly if my wife announced that from this day forward we will never have sex again It's highly likely that I would divorce her. 

On 1/20/2017 at 1:17 AM, AnneSexnot said:

@Tracy1, I'm the same way about attraction. I am definitely attracted to certain people, and repulsed by other people, but it doesn't extend beyond cuddling, maybe some kissing. Trading massages would be cool. 

And I am attracted to people who are conventionally attractive, to be honest. Not always, I have sometimes been accused of having odd tastes in men, but I usually respond to the way they look and the charisma they give off. Unfortunately, this often translates to sexual. 

I agree, Anne.

I am typically attracted to the entire package of the person, not just their physical appearance.  I am often attracted intellectually to people who are not considered conventionally good looking.  But those people often have a host of other things going for them that I find appealing.

This would depend on the definition of sex. I could most definitely live without the mainstream definition of "penis in vagina" sex. There are some other things I can think of that I would still like to be able to do.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 4:07 PM, _V_ said:

This would depend on the definition of sex. I could most definitely live without the mainstream definition of "penis in vagina" sex. There are some other things I can think of that I would still like to be able to do.

Well said. I absolutely can do without penis in vagina sex, and have done so for close to 30 years...and will continue to do without THAT for the rest of my life. PIV sex, what is it good for?

TheLastOfSheila
1 hour ago, jay williams said:

Well said. I absolutely can do without penis in vagina sex, and have done so for close to 30 years...and will continue to do without THAT for the rest of my life. PIV sex, what is it good for?

Procreation?  I mean that is its only useful function, right? 

It is to me. PIV is, of course, useful for procreation. But beyond that, after my own experimentation, I never, never got what the hoopla was all about. I always thought calling PIV sex "making love" was beyond stupid. LOL      

I've been married twice, and have had sex only with those 2 women. I'm incredibly thankful for my 2 sons from my first marriage, but if I could go back in time and realize then who I was, and quit while I was ahead, my life would have been so much better. Haven't had sex in over 11 years now, don't miss it, can't even imagine going there again. 

I was trying to think of a metaphor last night and I came up with this:

I feel the same way about sex as I do about veganism. I get it, I've tried it, I have no problem with anyone else practicing it, but it's not for me, and I'd rather not hear about it constantly. And do not try to tell me that I 'need' to practice it to be happy/healthy.

Just now, GTG said:

veganism. I get it, I've tried it, I have no problem with anyone else practicing it, but it's not for me, and I'd rather not hear about it constantly.

Amen!

Only slightly. I would always want that to be an option. 

Just because I can doesn't mean I want to. I just want the ability to have that on the table. Just in case I change my mind or it all clicks. 

TheMadCheshire

I mean not really.  I doubt I could miss what I've never had. I suppose I'd always wonder but you wonder about tons of things in life so...

I'm not sure.

I had my share of not so great sex and a helping of annoying and considered surplus sex and guess I quit dating about 8 years ago. - What I'd really like to get again interpersonal(ity) experiences wise would be: falling asleep holding some cute girlfriend (or maybe a suitable pet. - I never had any pets of the latter kind.) Pillows and plushies don't work that way for me.

I can't predict what I'll feel if I ever happen to "click" with an asexual.

I don't want sex ever again. I don't want to date nor be in a relationship ever again.

I feel used with all the above.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2017 at 6:29 AM, Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet said:

I'm sex repulsed, so never having sex is a goal I am achieving very well! LOL!

So NO , it wouldn't bother me.

Same. This is where I'm at too. My partner is neither sex-repulsed, celibate nor asexual but we have parameters set in our relationship where we can both get what we want without depriving or imposing sex on each other. 

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
11 minutes ago, RedSheep2 said:

Same. This is where I'm at too. My partner is neither sex-repulsed, celibate nor asexual but we have parameters set in our relationship where we can both get what we want without depriving or imposing sex on each other. 

Well I am glad you two found something that works for the both of you.

I have had sex many times at this point, and always disliked it strongly. If I never had it again, I'd be happy. I don't even have to hesitate to write that. 

One way I explain my asexuality to people is by telling them, "If I never had sex again in my life, I'd be happy." 

• 4 months later...

Never have sex again... I'm okay with that.  Sex was never something that was necessary, nor desired... finally nice to figure it out & realize that I am not alone.

Anomaly Q3Xr

I've never had sex, nor felt any sort of interest in it.  I would be entirely happy to never have sex.

I'd feel perfectly fine. I experienced sexual attraction like twice in last 5 years (very short-lived experiences anyway haha) so even if it happened again, it would pass quickly.

Life without cuddles & hugs - NO WAY, but sex can go away forever.   

18 minutes ago, asexjoe said:

I stopped, back in 2012. I don't miss it at all.

Yup.  Haven't had sex in almost 2 years.

Wish I stopped 30 years ago....

Archived