Would it bother YOU, if you never have sex/never have sex again?

Beachwalker

I'm not sure.

On the one hand, I'm stressed out by it. On the other hand, I sometimes wonder if I'm missing something.

Well, I feel some connection with this answer:

I don't want it, I don't feel like it. That's clear.

On the other hand, I often feel forced to it. By whom? By everyone and no one in particular. By the norm of society.

I also sometimes wonder if I miss something. Society tells you you are missing the most important thing in life ...

So, I feel torn between 2 positions and that doens't feel comfortable.

Having been there, done that and used the T-shirt as a duster; from my (very personal) point of view you aren't missing out.

this

Hi everyone, I'm new here and a bit shy so bear with me. I've been thinking about this very question quite alot recently and I have to say I would not miss it at all. It's such a relief not to have to do it any more just to fit in to societies norms. Right now I'm sexless and content and don't think I want to change that.

Welcome EggsBoson! I am liking that little Egglette with a smile - awesome!! We all tend to be a bit shy at first - no worries. Come to the party just as you are :lol:

I'm in my late 30's, never had had sex and don't want to. No, it wouldn't bother me if I never had sex. I'm aromantic, and I find I'm not looking for relationships at all, much less one that involves sex, even occasionally. Like another commentor though, I would miss my vibrator.

Welcome Inkling!! Have some Aven's delicious, no calories, ample servings of the most supreme cake you can imagine :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

Thanks Mariposa, glad you like the egg :)

The only time I ever had sex, I swore I would never do it again and I haven't. That was probably 25 years ago and I'm going to stick to my plan forever. It was totally repulsive and I can still hardly think about it without feeling queasy.

Have absolutely no interest in ever trying THAT again! I've had plenty of sexual relationships, trying to find the "right one" and/or figure out what was wrong with me... until I realised there's nothing wrong with me! Been sex-free for about 7 years now and will never go back (:

• 2 months later...

Hi folks. Also new here.

I've had plenty of sex over the the last 27 years what with almost constant relationships with sexual folk, but nope, I wouldn't mind a bit if I didn't have it again. The idea doesn't repulse me in general, but having sex when you don't want to is a repulsive experience. Once in a blue, blue, positively sapphire moon I will have an urge to have my genitals manipulated by someone other than me, but it is utterly unimportant to me.

Storm Dancing

Ummm.......no. I don't think I'd miss the actual act itself. But I've always felt I've had to have sex with whoever I was with because I figured the rest of me, my sense of humor, my likes and dislikes, everything that made me ME...wasn't enough. So,I'm not sure which anxiety would be worse: the constant dread of the anticipation of having to have sex or...the insecure feeling that, without sex, I'm not someone anyone would want to stay with for a long period of time.

having sex when you don't want to is a repulsive experience.

Oh yes!

But still, why is it regarded as cheating when people have sex with someone outside of the relationship? If sex doesnt mean anything much to them, why are they bothered? People are such hypocrites...

Just saying, that isn't considered cheating by everybody... ;)

I second the sentiment about the hypocrisy that is nominal monogamy while having sex with others, though.

But still, why is it regarded as cheating when people have sex with someone outside of the relationship? If sex doesnt mean anything much to them, why are they bothered? People are such hypocrites...

Just saying, that isn't considered cheating by everybody... ;)

I second the sentiment about the hypocrisy that is nominal monogamy while having sex with others, though.

I see it as being more a matter of honesty than sex. My partner and I have discussed this and we're polyamerous. He's free to sleep with others as long as he's open about it. So am I, for that matter although that's not especially likely to happen. However, I have been cheated on before and what made the act unacceptable wasn't the sex, it was the lying and deceit.

Never had it and never want to. Being essentially nonlibidoist, this kind of determination was easy to make

34 and I've never had the desire to have sex at all. I found that the portrayal of such acts on movies to be rather 'romantisised' rather than realistic. I couldn't give two hoots if I were never to have sex at all. Afterall, its not the most important thing in human life, right?

eh, take it or leave it. If i never had sex again, it wouldnt bother me in the least (sex = mental workout).

I dont think that i would ever have another relatnshp again (if divorce/death severed partnershp), as i hated dating due to the asexuality - having to face the inevitable - sex talk.

BUT, if the "right" person came along, i might indulge in the sex - there would have to be a GREAT Amount of Trust w/that person first.

No, it absolutely would not bother me if I never had sex again . . . It's already been close to a decade and I haven't missed it thus far ;)

I would have to agree with the previous poster, however, that if the right person came along, they were interested in sex, and could compromise with me, it would be an option.

Storm Dancing

I always like it when friends will ask, "So..when was the last time you had sex?" and I tell them, "Not sure,I really don't remember." Then I get the blank look. After that, their eyes usually widen and they stare at me,dumbfounded. "God...that must be really tough!" And..just because I can...I usually put on my martyr expression and whisper, "Yes. It's hell. Pure hell." And they agree with me how it surely must be. And I'm thinking, "Really? Really???" Some people simply can not fathom another person going without sex for longer then a week. That's amazing to me.

I've never had sex and the thought that I never would used to bother me but only because I felt like it meant I would never experience something that was supposed to be so fundamental to life and that as a result I'd never feel normal. On the other hand, I thought - but if sex holds no appeal for me, what does it matter if I never have it? My quality of life isn't suffering. But although I acknowledged that I wasn't missing anything, the fear that this meant I was somehow 'broken', 'abnormal' still persisted. Then I found this site (thank you everyone!) and realised I'm not alone and that not wanting sex doesn't mean there is anything wrong with me. What is 'normal' anyway?!

The idea of not having sex again doesn't bother me. It evokes a sense of relief. I'm willing to allow that to change in the future, but for now I feel like I could leave my sex days in the past.

Unlike all these virgins here, I have had plenty of sex with plenty of partners.

I've already gone six years without it and yes, I notice a big difference -

I've got more time and energy, less drama and bullsh-

Never had it, and at this stage of my life, never will. Can't miss what you've never had.

Never really had it, and never want to. If you count when I was 10 or something during early school age when a girl told me to take my clothes of and put her in it because she saw it on tv and thought it was some game or something, I had no clue what for so it was like shaking hands or wrestling... then I've had sex. Only real friend I've ever had. It ended when we grew up and she wanted to party/meet people.

• 3 weeks later...

I would have missed not having childeren but I would be ok with it now.

Archived