Would it bother YOU, if you never have sex/never have sex again?

Beachwalker

I've survived 45 years without sex,I have no interest whatsoever in sex, I don't function down below, it doesn't bother me, if it did I would have got something done about it, I haven't & won't, to me there's much more to life than sex

Hello "oldgeeza". I really like your attitude! You have been a member of AVEN for quite some time, I see. It would be good to see more of your posts; perhaps joining us on the "over 50..." site (allowances are made for short-term age differences :D ) or other "Older" sites available for chatting. Kindly consider the idea.

Never had sex before, and could quite happily die tommorrow having never had sex. Have never missed it!

DracoBorealis

To put it bluntly -OH HELL NO!

I have never had sex, and have absolutely zero desire or intent for it. There is a lot more to life, and my pleasures come from other things. And, I do not do anything just because others do it or think it should be done. For better or for worse, I go my own way.

Have never had it and never will,so it certainly wouldn't bother me.

• 2 weeks later...
KachiriBeleza

Wouldn't bother me. I don't have sex. I have no desire, need, wanting of sex. No sex drive. Am aromantic. Only want friend, no relationship.

I'm married to a sexual person, so I've had sex, and do have sex but, if my husband were to wake up one day and never want to have sex again, my life would be perfect! :blush:

I can't believe I went through all those years having sex because I was in marriage/relationship. Although I have recently become *"just" friends with my ex-partner, I try not to think about that part of our former relationship.

*I think of being friends as the best relationship possible

Kitty Spoon Train

I could easily go the rest of my life without having sex again - IF we're talking sex in the abstract, as a thing in itself for its own sake....

If I end up in intimate relationships however, it gets more complicated. I'm not very sexual even then, but it really all depends on the given chemistry with different people. I hate the idea of setting standard boundaries on how people should connect, I prefer the idea of going with the flow and doing what feels right between me and any unique particular person. Sex isn't an automatic given just because I'm close to someone - with some I might feel that a very intense form of romantic friendship or such is what feels right. It all depends. I don't do predefined relationship types basically (ie "This is a friendship so these are the boundaries, this is a romantic relationship so these are the boundaries". Urgh!).

I'm towards the black end of demisexual essentially, btw.

Nope. Been there, done that. I'm a survivor of the 1960s-1970s sexual revulsion--sorry, a mental quirk--REVOLUTION. I couldn't see the point to it then, and I don't now. And I don't miss it. It is a very freeing feeling, being asexual. :lol:

Ok, I know its been awhile since I posted anything, but come on, has it changed so much that I can't figure out how to do it? LOL.

Being a 60 year old virgin, I have never had sex, do not want to have sex and can not see any reason to have it. Yes, when I was a teenager I wanted to be like every one else and be sexual. It never happened, so now, How can I miss something I never had?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a biromantic asexual woman, who has only ever had sex with other women. If I never had sex again, I would be happy. I don't believe I want to compromise anymore. For now, I know that I won't be compromising in my next relationship (if I ever manage to find another asexual). I wish I could lead a sexless life forevermore. There's been too much of it in my life as it is.

Ohhh, how I relate to this, except I am in a hetero marriage. I recently told my husband "no more" because I need to be true to myself. I feel like a prostitute. I can say there has definitely been too much sex in my life and I am happy to be free of my "obligation", though I am still working out how to manage my life in regards to my recent liberation.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and a bit shy so bear with me. I've been thinking about this very question quite alot recently and I have to say I would not miss it at all. It's such a relief not to have to do it any more just to fit in to societies norms. Right now I'm sexless and content and don't think I want to change that.

Welcome to AVEN, Eggs - we're a friendly bunch round here so don't worry about adding any comments :D . Have some welcome :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :lol:

Welcome, EggsBoson! (hee hee)

More :cake:

Never having sex/again is kind of the point for a lot of us. :)

I'm in my late 30's, never had had sex and don't want to. No, it wouldn't bother me if I never had sex. I'm aromantic, and I find I'm not looking for relationships at all, much less one that involves sex, even occasionally. Like another commentor though, I would miss my vibrator.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and a bit shy so bear with me. I've been thinking about this very question quite alot recently and I have to say I would not miss it at all. It's such a relief not to have to do it any more just to fit in to societies norms. Right now I'm sexless and content and don't think I want to change that.

Sex? What's that? BTW, What a COOL AVATAR!! Welcome from one person in a damp misty overcast climate to another. :cake: :cake: :cake:

Eggs, your avatar rocks! A knitted, smiley-faced, sunny-side-up delight.

Welcome to you and Inkling! There's plenty of :cake: :cake: :cake: to go around.

Welcome to AVEN, Eggs - we're a friendly bunch round here so don't worry about adding any comments :D . Have some welcome :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :lol:

Thank you for the kind welcome, and cake, my favourite :)

Welcome, EggsBoson! (hee hee)

More :cake:

Never having sex/again is kind of the point for a lot of us. :)

I know :). Through time you will see that I'm very good at pointing out the obvious :D

Thank you for the cakey welcome.

To me, sex is like the hand shake that tells me that we are in a special relationship with each other.

If you can believe the published statistics for how often people cheat on their partners, merely regularly interpenetrating body parts and exchanging body fluids may be insufficient to create the 'special relationship' you desire. There may be better alternative foundations upon which to create a relationship. ;)

Sex? What's that? BTW, What a COOL AVATAR!! Welcome from one person in a damp misty overcast climate to another. :cake: :cake: :cake:

Thanks and thanks! yeah the avatar really appealed to me :)

Eggs, your avatar rocks! A knitted, smiley-faced, sunny-side-up delight.

Welcome to you and Inkling! There's plenty of :cake: :cake: :cake: to go around.

Thanks for the welcome. It's a cute avatar isn't it? :)

Welcome EggsBoson! I am liking that little Egglette with a smile - awesome!! We all tend to be a bit shy at first - no worries. Come to the party just as you are :lol:

I'm in my late 30's, never had had sex and don't want to. No, it wouldn't bother me if I never had sex. I'm aromantic, and I find I'm not looking for relationships at all, much less one that involves sex, even occasionally. Like another commentor though, I would miss my vibrator.

Welcome Inkling!! Have some Aven's delicious, no calories, ample servings of the most supreme cake you can imagine :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

Welcome and :cake: for you, too!

I know :). Through time you will see that I'm very good at pointing out the obvious :D

Thank you for the cakey welcome.

That's good. I'm very good at being oblivious so sometimes I need the obvious pointed out to me. :P

Rolling Everforward

I'm not sure.

On the one hand, I'm stressed out by it. On the other hand, I sometimes wonder if I'm missing something.

Archived