The thank you thread! (and more squeees as necessary)

A name is required

After a long flight, few meetings at work, and some time to think i have to say!

thank you very very much and תודה רבה!!! to all that helped with the organisation!

i had the most amazing 3 days in London!!!!!

so thank you all!!!

and

2013 in TEL AVIV!!!!!!

thanks for uploading photos so we could see, found it very hard searching for some online!

Electric Barbarella

Gosh, I had the best time ever with y'all! I'm so glad I got to meet so many aces, and I definitely think the organizers deserve all the praise they're getting. The weekend was amazing and getting to know London with you guys was a great opportunity. :3 I hope to see everyone again soon!!

Enormous gratitude to all the organizers and speakers at the conference, 'twas an epic day, wish I could've hung around with everyone afterwards. Nearly stopped squeeing now about speaking with people who I'm used to quoting and talking about :)

Thanks for the photos :D I couldn't go as I had to work, but did get to the Monday meeting - that was awesome - and the first time I'd been out for three years. Maybe I can get along to some other meets now I've got over my fear of social gatherings :D

Thanks for the photos :D I couldn't go as I had to work, but did get to the Monday meeting - that was awesome - and the first time I'd been out for three years. Maybe I can get along to some other meets now I've got over my fear of social gatherings :D

Yey, more Tanwen. Shame I was working. I did make it later but after you'd left. There is talk of more mid-week evening meets if weekends aren't convenient.

Shortass Lady

Same here: thanks so much to the organisers, I had an amazeballs time! I read that the event as a whole wasn't on the scale it had been in previous years but as it was the first pride march I'd ever attended I knew no better and was very impressed with the vivacity of it all! And for us it probably was our biggest asexual turnout yet (I'm guessing?) so yay again :D

So yeah thank you so much to the folks who made it all happen and of course to everyone else who attended!

This calls for a very big slice of :cake:

Now, what do I do with the 2 condoms I found in my bag when I got home...

Same here: thanks so much to the organisers, I had an amazeballs time! I read that the event as a whole wasn't on the scale it had been in previous years but as it was the first pride march I'd ever attended I knew no better and was very impressed with the vivacity of it all! And for us it probably was our biggest asexual turnout yet (I'm guessing?) so yay again :D

So yeah thank you so much to the folks who made it all happen and of course to everyone else who attended!

See if anybody you know needs some? Or if there's a local LGBT or safe sex or something group who might want two lol. Or throw them away.

I'm glad you had a good time and enjoyed yourself.

Oh, man, I found one in my bag as well! Haha.

Carmilla DeWinter

Now that I'm home and the excitement has died down a little: I had a wonderful time. Squee especially to the Friday crowd_s. Mind the gap...

Anyhow, a big thanks to everyone who made this happen, especially Michael. :cake: I am in total awe of your courage to tackle such a big event.

And here be the important pics, so you won't have to sort through all that German text on my blog:

banner-worldpride.jpg

ace-flag-flying.jpg

gay-pride-old-council-hall.jpg

Heeey what an amazing weekend indeed! The best London Pride I've been in, & was great to see you all doing your ace thing there, whilst I was running up & down stewarding :D *Thankyou* to the organisers & all involved at the conference. It's been one thing reading on Aven & watching a few videos over the past couple of years - a completely different, & transformative experience being with so many aces & hearing such inspiring talks & stories from the community. Thankyou all! & look forward to working with you in sharing our stories, & continuing all the great ace visibility work.

I was one of those filming at the event, in order to capture the presentations & discussions & share them online so they're accessible to everyone! It's going to take some editing, etc. I shall keep you posted! Very best wishes, Helen :)

Now that I'm home and the excitement has died down a little: I had a wonderful time. Squee especially to the Friday crowd_s. Mind the gap...

Bwahaha, the gap. *coughs*

A name is required

Well that was fun.

yes it was :)

Reuven, what's going on with the international work group anyway? I was wondering if you guys were going to try and reach out over more language and/or region groups than were at the table or....

A name is required

Reuven, what's going on with the international work group anyway? I was wondering if you guys were going to try and reach out over more language and/or region groups than were at the table or....

i hope to have a skype meeting this weekend, so if you can join to the list that ith' made that would be cool (i can add you to the list, just PM me your contact deatiles)

Thanks to all the organizers! :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: *buries you in cake*

It was an awesome experience; I'm so glad that I was able to come and meet all of you.

I was the soggy one with the ace on my cheek on one end of the banner lol

Big thanks again to Nigel, my Underground guide, lol, without whom I wouldn't have attended at all.

Well done everybody :D

Awwww, shucks ... 'twas nowt ...

Another big thanks to everyone who came along; it was you, after all, who made both the march and conference worthwhile!

Thanks again to everyone.

Please, if anyone took pictures at the Conference, would you mind PMing me? I was busy and didn't stop to take pics :(

Highlights of World Pride 2012, in semi-chronological order:

- getting shitfaced with my uncle the night before and rushing to Baker Street the next morning with a terrible hangover;

- talking to cool asexual people;

- having no idea who anyone was;

- Sori and Fae having no idea who I was;

- giving out bipolar condoms;

- Akira tasting dental dams;

- strange london weather;

- giant purple phallic balloon;

- getting hit on by gay guys;

- finishing people's drinks;

- getting asked for ID in a pub;

- wandering around after the pride looking for a pub (after the first pub) before giving up;

- guy on tube being creepy despite knowing Sori was asexual;

- not particularly giving a shit about cake;

- OH MY GOD MEETING THE INVENTOR OF ASEXUALITY;

- ridiculous amounts of time standing around;

- lots of drinking;

- rambling on about categories of personhood at the research panel and trying to make sense;

- Fae and Sori making hearts during the research panel;

- talking about anime after the conference;

- Fricai leaning in and saying "what?";

- large quantities of hugs;

- seeming to permanently inhabit Wetherspoons;

- Canadians discussing faeces;

- having 29-year-old hands;

- having a gay relationship with Fricai;

- witnessing the bookstore-slash-sex shop;

- waffles;

- nearly drowning on a forbidden island;

- all the other stuff I've forgotten to mention.

Edit:

- minding the gap.

Hey, wait, I recognized you at WP! I just didn't recognize you right away at the conference because you obtained glasses and a prettier shirt!

Hey, wait, I recognized you at WP! I just didn't recognize you right away at the conference because you obtained glasses and a prettier shirt!

When you walked past me I cried.

A name is required

Highlights of World Pride 2012, in semi-chronological order:

- getting shitfaced with my uncle the night before and rushing to Baker Street the next morning with a terrible hangover;

- talking to cool asexual people;

- having no idea who anyone was;

- giving out bipolar condoms;

- Akira tasting dental dams;

- strange london weather;

- giant purple phallic balloon;

- getting hit on by gay guys;

- getting asked for ID in a pub;

- wandering around after the pride looking for a pub (after the first pub) before giving up;

- guy on tube being creepy despite knowing Sori was asexual;

- not particularly giving a shit about cake;

- OH MY GOD MEETING THE INVENTOR OF ASEXUALITY;

- ridiculous amounts of time standing around;

- lots of drinking;

- rambling on about categories of personhood at the research panel and trying to make sense;

- Fae and Sori making hearts during the research panel;

- talking about anime after the conference;

- Fricai leaning in and saying "what?";

- large quantities of hugs;

- seeming to permanently inhabit Wetherspoons;

- Canadians discussing faeces;

- having 29-year-old hands;

- having a gay relationship with Fricai;

- witnessing the bookstore-slash-sex shop;

- waffles;

- nearly drowning on a forbidden island;

- all the other stuff I've forgotten to mention.

nice list, it was cool meeting you :)

Also:

- protracted discussions about hummus and the quantities of which Israelis eat thereof.

A name is required

Also:

- protracted discussions about hummus and the quantities of which Israelis eat thereof.

i landed here on Tuesday and already finished a 1 kg package of hummus :)

so yes, we eat a lot of hummus here :)

EDIT: also i gust got this by email from a freind (and yes it's the old israel emmbessador to the US)

Edited by A name is required

TORONTO 2014 WORLD PRIDE

Now I will, most certainly, see you there!! Mostly because I can drive there! XD

:cake:

ace-flag-flying.jpg

OH MY GOSH!! Where to get flag??? Need! Must wave! :o

:cake:

I'M SORRY. TT__________TT WILL I NEVER BE ABLE TO MAKE UP FOR THIS GAFFE!?

I'M SORRY. TT__________TT WILL I NEVER BE ABLE TO MAKE UP FOR THIS GAFFE!?

Just make sure not to forget who I am at WorldPride 2014.

That's like a zillion years from now, who knows how you will look by then? :P