Just what is so great about sex? Why do people like it so much?

silvernlilac

Notte stellata

What I really don't understand is oral sex.

Like... how can anyone possibly want a penis or vagina in their mouth?

Heh, I used to have the same thought about oral sex: "Why would anyone want to do something so disgusting?" But really, the genitalia is just one of the body parts, not inherently dirtier than other parts. As Chveya said, it's mostly about the satisfaction of pleasuring your partner, although many sexuals also get great sexual pleasure themselves from performing oral.

As for the hygiene concern, they can wash themselves before doing it.

Just what is so great about cheesecake? Football? Dr Who?

Cheesecake? awesome!!!

Football? *shrugs* ehhh...

Dr... WHO???? Lol

They'd have to wash with bleach as far as I'm concerned. Thank god my husband and partner didn't insist on that stuff.

For people who.doesn't like sex, it sure is mentioned a lot. Who cares what it feels like?

Agreed. For me, getting to the part where something felt good would be too disgusting and degrading to be worth it.

They'd have to wash with bleach as far as I'm concerned. Thank god my husband and partner didn't insist on that stuff.

I wouldn't really care what they washed it with. The point is, I find the texture and the fluid content of genitals gross and wouldn't want them near my mouth. To be fair, I'm not willing to kiss either for similar reasons.

This thread is like a blind person asking what's so great about art, or someone who is deaf confused as to why people like music. Sex is something sexual people enjoy, period. If you are incapable of experiencing that for yourself it's not likely that any explanation given here will make you understand.

silvernlilac

If you are incapable of experiencing that for yourself it's not likely that any explanation given here will make you understand.

Very true. I will never ever understand what is great about sex and yet annoyingly will probably spend my whole life wondering why. Sigh

Kitty Spoon Train

I wouldn't really care what they washed it with. The point is, I find the texture and the fluid content of genitals gross and wouldn't want them near my mouth. To be fair, I'm not willing to kiss either for similar reasons.

Generally speaking (very specific STDs aside), the mouth is far dirtier than the genitals.

Referring back to the original questions - I have no idea, whatsoever; and have been trying to figure out some reasonable answers for many years!!

I believe that sometimes you simply have to go along with: 'it is, what it is'. :)

helana12_03

From what I've been told its a "basic" need like food and sleep. Clearly, sexual people have told me this.

helana12_03

What are you supposed to do if their junk smells bad or is not clean? What if the girl wipes the wrong way and there is trace amounts of poop left over?

I attempted to give on BJ once to my boy friend at the time, but we had to stop 30 seconds in because I could not stop gagging. I laugh about it now, but at the time it was very humiliating experience for me.

I also don't find orgasms anything special. I find myself saying, "really? this is it?"

Personally I'm repulsed by the idea of oral sex. It seems to me like giving it is even worse than receiving it.

What are you supposed to do if their junk smells bad or is not clean? What if the girl wipes the wrong way and there is trace amounts of poop left over?

I attempted to give on BJ once to my boy friend at the time, but we had to stop 30 seconds in because I could not stop gagging. I laugh about it now, but at the time it was very humiliating experience for me.

I also don't find orgasms anything special. I find myself saying, "really? this is it?"

Your partner is supposed to wash first. It makes a big difference. A lot of brothels make you take a shower first before services are rendered.

• 1 year later...

People like sex because it releases dopamine in the brain. Just like when you eat something you like or listen to music you like etc.. Some people lack the reaction of hormones and such leading up to this chemical being released into the brain as a result of having sex. But there are also people who don't enjoy music or food or anything else that is a big part of human culture. So you should also wonder why do people enjoy their meal when wondering why almost everyone enjoys sex that much.

This thread has been locked. It is quite old, and the OP probably has the answer they were looking for. However, if you'd like to continue on the idea, please feel free to start a new thread.

Heart

AVEN Moderator

Archived