Asexuality

Lady Girl

Sure. That's cool, I just don't want it to be locked down again. Thanks for understanding. :blush:

I have heard that sentiment expressed (that it seems weird for asexuals to want to talk about sex) so I can totally see how that would annoy you. I'm sure athiests talk about god, right?

Of course, I do know a few asexuals that find talking about it more than slightly annoying. :lol:

Nameless123

I'm sure athiests talk about god, right?

I think some atheists might talk even more about god than some religious people. So maybe that goes for asexuals and sex as well ;).

I totally agree that asexuals can talk about sex. I will speak for myself, but I consider myself one of those. I find it rather interesting: I mean, under normal circumstances ropes are just ropes. And yet, the moment it's put in a more erotic context it suddenly becomes "sexy" and people get turned on. The same thing applies to BDSM. Why would anyone want to be humiliated by acting like a dog?? Or completely restrained? It makes no sense outside of the erotic context. Some ads try to do this in a witty way and I appreciate wit in all of its forms.

In my humble opinion, that's the most interesting part about sexuality. This strange translation from situational cues to the brain and the body's response to it (or there lack of). To say that all Asexuals cannot think or talk about sex or sexual content is a gross generalization and speaks more about the individual than anything else. As LG said, atheists can talk about God and still be atheists, right?

"I think some atheists might talk even more about god than some religious people".

I can so attest to that. I was really fixated on God/religion when I was an Atheist. Now, I rarely ever talk, let alone, think about God.

L.G definitions, Psycho -babble stuff, never held any interest, to me. (Midnight Lady being the exception, as I know and respect her)

The only person who truly knows my experiences, thoughts and wishes, is me and it is to me I refer. I then compare them to other people's experiences, not theories, but ‘real life experiences’, how they felt/feel and how they coped/cope. That is how I feel reassured.

What I don't know, is how people feel from the other side, thanks to your input, I have a better idea. :)

P.S I just don't find bodies attractive, so don't get worked up about them. The many times, throughout my life, I have been out with either, Straights, gays or lesbians, and seen them looking into a crowd and heard them exclaim, "Wow, he/she's hot!" When I've looked, I've just seen a wall of people. :unsure:

Aw Cakes! I like your style. I was trying to avoid a definitions battle here, even though we need definers, they certainly can become psycho babble. I love hearing your view too. :wub:

Aw Cakes! I like your style. I was trying to avoid a definitions battle here, even though we need definers, they certainly can become psycho babble. I love hearing your view too. :wub:

:cake:

Lol, I never knew I had a style. I can't help thinking, what the cheeky programmer who sets next to me, says:

'Before you criticise a person, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.' :)

Lol, I never knew I had a style. I can't help thinking, what the cheeky programmer who sets next to me, says:

'Before you criticise a person, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.' :)

:D love it

Your style is addictive, btw. In a good way.

Well, this thread was an interesting read. I always thought the general AVEN understanding of sexual attraction (as a person who would describe themselves myself as sexual) was rather narrow. There just seems to be a lot more to it than "wanting to have sex with someone". I've always felt that what I would describe as sexual attraction feels distinctly sexual in a way not captured by simply "wanting sex".

I've always felt that what I would describe as sexual attraction feels distinctly sexual in a way not captured by simply "wanting sex".

Yup. It refers to wanting to have a sex with a partner rather than simply wanting the physical action (which could probably be had with a blowup doll).

Qutenkuddly

For me, it boils down to this; I don't give a feck about fecking. *shrugs*

I've always felt that what I would describe as sexual attraction feels distinctly sexual in a way not captured by simply "wanting sex".

Yup. It refers to wanting to have a sex with a partner rather than simply wanting the physical action (which could probably be had with a blowup doll).

Not fair. We've been explicitly told NOT to start this again.

Nameless123

How are people supposed to describe what asexuality means to them without going to that topic again? Besides, it wasn't the topic in itself, it was the manner in which it was discussed and the deliberate circumvention of the cooling-down period.

:D love it

Your style is addictive, btw. In a good way.

Aww bless, especially as it's from, 'SkulleryMaid, the girl with the pump-action prose!' ;)

Qutenkuddly

Aww bless, especially as it's from, 'SkulleryMaid, the girl with the pump-action prose!' ;)

That is rather epic line of description, if I do say. :)

Agreed! I'm still laughing about the 10 yard penalty! :D

:D I feel like I should be offended but it's just too clever and accurate!

Well, there is the backspace button.

Not after you've already hit "post". Then you have only the option to Edit.

I meant you have the option to erase your post via the backspace button after clicking edit.

test account

Well, there is the backspace button.

Not after you've already hit "post". Then you have only the option to Edit.

I meant you have the option to erase your post via the backspace button after clicking edit.

Oh. :lol:

Sure. That's cool, I just don't want it to be locked down again. Thanks for understanding. :blush:

I have heard that sentiment expressed (that it seems weird for asexuals to want to talk about sex) so I can totally see how that would annoy you. I'm sure athiests talk about god, right?

Of course, I do know a few asexuals that find talking about it more than slightly annoying. :lol:

Athiests talk about God because they haven't got over the fact that some people still believe in God. So I guess, asexuals talk about sex when they haven't got over the fact that some people like sex. :P

Without God, they would have nothing to talk about, atheist related anyway. :D

So without sexuals, asexuals would not exist?

Right. I think DJ might say it in some of his talks. But it makes sense regardless. If our primary focus wasn't on sex and being so sexualized, all the gradations of experience would be normalized.

What Clubs said too.

Nameless123

Yep, a negative requires a positive to function.

Exactly. Like light and dark. One does not exist and more importantly cannot be defined without the other.

On the gay scene, they say, if you have a problem with homosexuality, blame straight people, they keep having gay babies. :)

In a lot of films, when I was growing up, like the English Carry On films, those who didn't seem as into sex, as everyone else, were pilloried, the actress Joyce Grenfall played a lot of these roles. So, if I had known about asexuality then, I would have been taught to see is ridiculous.

On the gay scene, they say, if you have a problem with homosexuality, blame straight people, they keep having gay babies. :)

In a lot of films, when I was growing up, like the English Carry On films, those who didn't seem as into sex, as everyone else, were pilloried, the actress Joyce Grenfall played a lot of these roles. So, if I had known about asexuality then, I would have been taught to see is ridiculous.

It is one thing to see/notice a difference in another human being, and another thing all together to ridicule them for it.

Archived