1. 1. Do You Want Children?

• Yes, my own (through sex)
    • Yes, adoption
    • Yes, by being a step-parent
    • Maybe
    • Maybe, circumstantial
    • Indifferent
    • No, not at all
    • I already have my own children (through sex)
    • I already have adopted children
    • I already am a step-parent
    • I am physically incapable of having my own children (through sex)
    • I don't Know
    • Yes, by artificial insemination
    • I already have my own children (through artificial insemination)
    • Yes, by in vitro fertilization
    • Yes, by being a foster-parent
    • I already am a foster-parent
    • Yes, by surrogate
    • I'm Not Sure Yet
  2. 2. What Is Your Age?

• <15
    • 15?20
    • 21?25
    • 26?30
    • 31?35
    • 36?40
    • >40
  3. 3. What Is Your Gender?

• Male
    • Female
    • Agender
    • Androgynous
    • Androsexual
    • Bi(Tri/Quad/Etc)gender
    • Cisgender
    • FtM
    • Genderfluid
    • Genderqueer
    • Gynosexual
    • Intersex
    • MtF
    • Neutrois
    • Transgender
    • Transexual
    • Transyada
    • Not Sure
    • Pangender
    • I'm Not Sure Yet
  4. 4. What Is Your Romantic Orientation?

• Aromantic
    • Gray-romantic
    • Heteromantic
    • Homoromantic
    • Biromantic
    • Panromantic
    • Polyromantic
    • Omniromantic
    • Not Sure
    • Demiromantic
    • Hyporomantic
    • Semiromantic
    • I'm Not Sure Yet
  5. 5. What Is Your Sexual Orientation?

• Asexual
    • Gray-A
    • Demisexual
    • Heterosexual
    • Homosexual
    • Bisexual
    • Pansexual
    • Polysexual
    • Omnisexual
    • Not Sure
    • Hyposexual
    • Semisexual
    • Undefinitive
    • I'm Not Sure Yet

This poll is closed to new votes

Meep, NO. With all of my dislike for kids, I'd make a terrible parent. A romantic partner would be more than enough for me, if it ever happens.

• 1 month later...

I love how I can be multiple genders at once. It really makes me feel more at home! This way, I can be male, androgynous, FTM, genderqueer, transsexual, transgender, transyada, and not sure yet, all at the same time! I'm not spamming your poll; it's the truth ;). And even though I'm only 15, I will never ever ever want kids. Period. Nothing against other people having them, but there's no way I'm getting any.

JosephVNewman

I love how I can be multiple genders at once. It really makes me feel more at home! This way, I can be male, androgynous, FTM, genderqueer, transsexual, transgender, transyada, and not sure yet, all at the same time! I'm not spamming your poll; it's the truth ;). And even though I'm only 15, I will never ever ever want kids. Period. Nothing against other people having them, but there's no way I'm getting any.

Not just to you, but this is to all those who are around your age or younger.

Not to at all offend, but calm down on the absolute definition of yourself. You're 15. You're "not done cooking" as I like to say. Let things simmer, keep various definitions in mind, and let the chips fall wherever they fall, but don't use labels like a wall until you are at least through puberty. Don't let yourself feel finalized until you really are. I think, while you are welcome here, you shouldn't think of yourself as defined yet. It may be an idea not popularized, but it's how I feel. Never say you'll never feel something until you are fully formed, so to speak. You say you'll never want kids, but how can you possibly know? I used to think I'd never want a girlfriend or wife, but I have (and this thing changed after puberty was long over) come to realize that I won't actually be happy fully until I have a wife that fits my personality well.

All I menais don't try to make absolute definitions for things that are still in flux. Such as yourself. There's some flux still after puberty, sure, but not nearly as much.

Kitty Spoon Train

I pretty much felt like I was going to be childfree since I was around 10 years old.

Almost 35 now, and feeling more determined to be childfree than ever. :lol:

5_♦♣

I knew deep down that I didn't want kids when I was 8 or 9. I made the conscious decision to not have them when I was 15. I'm 27 now, 28 in October and I still haven't changed my mind. I mean really, that's the CF equivalent to 'you're just a late bloomer' that teens get on here in regards to their Asexuality.

My dream is to own a house with a nice lawn; just so I can tell kids to get off it.

Kitty Spoon Train

I knew deep down that I didn't want kids when I was 8 or 9. I made the conscious decision to not have them when I was 15. I'm 27 now, 28 in October and I still haven't changed my mind. I mean really, that's the CF equivalent to 'you're just a late bloomer' that teens get on here in regards to their Asexuality.

I'm almost 35 and I still get it.

I'd like to use this picture as my answer. I'm not really at the right age to have children, but you get the point. Also, the words are rather harsh, so no offense; I just really don't want kids.

q0H0S.jpg

I laughed, K!m. :lol:

Not to at all offend, but calm down on the absolute definition of yourself. You're 15. You're "not done cooking" as I like to say. Let things simmer, keep various definitions in mind, and let the chips fall wherever they fall, but don't use labels like a wall until you are at least through puberty. Don't let yourself feel finalized until you really are. I think, while you are welcome here, you shouldn't think of yourself as defined yet. It may be an idea not popularized, but it's how I feel. Never say you'll never feel something until you are fully formed, so to speak. You say you'll never want kids, but how can you possibly know? I used to think I'd never want a girlfriend or wife, but I have (and this thing changed after puberty was long over) come to realize that I won't actually be happy fully until I have a wife that fits my personality well.

I've always known I was childfree. I'm about to hit 21 years of age and the thought of having children has never even crossed my mind. Sorry, but this kind of remark may well sound peeving: it's up to Jakai to decide what they want to identify with, when, and how, and I don't think anyone has a right to tell them otherwise. As C.C. said, it's the CF equivalent of "you're a late bloomer".

I've always known I was childfree. I'm about to hit 21 years of age and the thought of having children has never even crossed my mind. Sorry, but this kind of remark may well sound peeving: it's up to Jakai to decide what they want to identify with, when, and how, and I don't think anyone has a right to tell them otherwise. As C.C. said, it's the CF equivalent of "you're a late bloomer".

I don't think it's a horrible thing to say. I remember taking offense at my sister telling me that many of the things I thought at 20 would change either drastically or slightly by the time I was 40 (she was 40 at the time) because life would happen to me. That's not to say everything changes from day to night...but yeah, adjustments are made and it's all okay. I also think the more adamant one is, the more trapped by their own words they might feel if they do change their mind.

I'm not saying everyone that doesn't want children will eventually want them...but sometimes strong feelings soften with time or a change in circumstances. To note that it's a likelihood really isn't meant to be an insult.

Also, there actually are late bloomers...I was one.

5_♦♣

FWIW: I actually like babies and small kids (if they're well behaven). That doesn't change the fact that I don't want and never have wanted children of my own.

JosephVNewman

That's not what I meant by that. Like I said in a bunch of different ways, just don't think of any definition as permanent at 15, no matter what. Not that it isn't, but a lot can change. All I meant was don't metaphorically carve anything into stone as a definition of who you are at that age. I've seen many times where someone on reddit thought they were asexual and get all freaked out if it changes at, say, 17 or even 19 and I sort of get a bit tired of it is all. Don't make a definition that seems so permanent, allow for fluidity at that age, because literally everything about you is in a high state of flexibility. That's all I meant. Not "you're too young" or "don't define yourself as asexual because you can't know yet" or anything like that, just "Be prepared for things to change."

To Joseph and LG:

See, I agree with the fact that things can change (obviously). The point is, some people change sooner than others and then stay as they are, others keep changing even well into their 40s or even 50s sometimes... it's not something that can be determined from the start. Also, what I personally think is that it's best to not tell the other person, not that it's not a legitimate thought.

I mean, I'm not sure about others, but I felt really annoyed when people around me kept saying that things might change one day. As if I had to wait for some magical spell to "fix" me.

Just my two cents though. I didn't mean to say you (Joseph) were rude, just that it wasn't a strictly necessary specification.

5_♦♣

Oh god. I hated when other people told me ' oh, you'll change your mind someday' and 'it's different when it's your own'. I especially hated the former, because it seemed like the person saying it somehow knew my own mind better than I did/do.

Oh hey, LG: Could you please change my vote from Agender to Female?

I alwayst wanted a bunch of kids but now I'm not so sure I just don't think tha it's for me..I really don't think I would make a good mother

Oh god. I hated when other people told me ' oh, you'll change your mind someday' and 'it's different when it's your own'. I especially hated the former, because it seemed like the person saying it somehow knew my own mind better than I did/do.

Oh hey, LG: Could you please change my vote from Agender to Female?

Changing your vote.

My thought on the matter of being told things could and most likely will change (nobody knows what or how) is that I'm glad I was told...that way when it happened it was no big deal. It was like, okay this thing I thought back then doesn't define me. The definition of me changes as it has and does with lots of people.

I've helped raise a child. I miss it to an extent; but the kid was never mine, it was never my place to be his father, and I refused to take on that role. However, I want to experience raising a child from birth even if it means I have to have a surrogate mother. I will be a father, I think I could do a really great job of it.

The Hollow of Morning

I don't want kids. I have a young nephew so I get the best of both worlds really- all the fun, but none of the responsibility!

I put "I'm not sure". I'd enjoy being a mother (be it foster, adoptive, or biological (via nature or IVF)), but I don't really feel the need to be a mother. Honestly, whether or not I become a mother will be determined by my future partner (I don't want to be a single mother).

words are futile devices

I've never been too sure about my desire to have a baby/raise a child. Around 16 I was thinking About 10 good years left before I'll most likely be settled down with a family. Hmm. Because back then, well, of course I would get married in my early twenties and start popping out kids. It's what every girl does, right? (Not right.)

I have occasional weird, hormonally-charged moments where I think I'd want a baby. But at the end of the day, I'm steadfast in my childfreedom. And it's really the perfect storm: I'm asexual, I'm single, and whatever maternal/nurturing instincts I possess can be directed toward cute little furry creatures instead. Plus I've got a sweet nephew and new baby niece for my kiddie snuggles.

The only thing that makes me sad is that I really think I would enjoy being a mom when my kids were at that age between 11 and 15 or so. I love the middle school/junior high age kids. Call me crazy. I just want absolutely no part of the baby/toddler/little kid stage.

I don't want children. I've never wanted children. I started babysitting when I was 12 or so and since then I haven't wanted kids. Sometimes my body will scream "must.have,kids", but it's rare and never lasts for long so I just kind of ride it out because I know it'll pass. I know I don't want kids and I know I wouldn't be happy if I had them or dated someone who had kids still at home.

Well, I've wanted kids since I was a kid myself, long before I was aware of any interest in the opposite sex, let alone my asexuality. In upper elementary I thought that I wanted to adopt older kids and take care of the troublesome foster kids, basically the kids that no one else wants. For a long time I was adamant not to have any of my own children because there are already enough children in the world, and we don't need anymore. I was only going to adopt, and only American because everyone seems to be doing foreign kids these days, which means our own children are getting abandoned.

Then I realized that I didn't really have interest in having sex, and that was fine, since I hadn't planned for my own children. But then I realized that I would marry and probably have sex because that's what comes with most marriages, so that I'd naturally end up with my own children, but I was still going to mainly adopt. In this past year my orientation has switched to grey-a, and that's fine. If God give me my own bloodline of children, great. If not, that's cool, too. But either way I will definitely adopt and hopefully foster, too. And adopting older kids actually works out nicely, because I'm not good with infants, though I'm great, fantastic, with all other ages. Infants are just so... breakable. They make me uncomfortable, and they can sense my fear, so they never like me.

swim2thesun

I love kids but I'm not sure if I can see myself having any, especially since I'm going to be working with kids in the future I feel like it would be a bit redundant for me to have kids at home...

If I were to have kids though it'd most likely be through adoption... Kids in the adoption system really get no love...

ShockTrance

I'm almost certain that I don't want kids. I have absolutely no drive to have sex and no real desire to be in a romantic relationship period, let alone settle down, get married, and have children. Being a single dad is also out of the question for me.

To be fair, I'm only 18, so I suppose that this could change, but, as it stands, my answer is a firm no.

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived