1. 1. Do You Want Children?

• Yes, my own (through sex)
    • Yes, adoption
    • Yes, by being a step-parent
    • Maybe
    • Maybe, circumstantial
    • Indifferent
    • No, not at all
    • I already have my own children (through sex)
    • I already have adopted children
    • I already am a step-parent
    • I am physically incapable of having my own children (through sex)
    • I don't Know
    • Yes, by artificial insemination
    • I already have my own children (through artificial insemination)
    • Yes, by in vitro fertilization
    • Yes, by being a foster-parent
    • I already am a foster-parent
    • Yes, by surrogate
    • I'm Not Sure Yet
  2. 2. What Is Your Age?

• <15
    • 15?20
    • 21?25
    • 26?30
    • 31?35
    • 36?40
    • >40
  3. 3. What Is Your Gender?

• Male
    • Female
    • Agender
    • Androgynous
    • Androsexual
    • Bi(Tri/Quad/Etc)gender
    • Cisgender
    • FtM
    • Genderfluid
    • Genderqueer
    • Gynosexual
    • Intersex
    • MtF
    • Neutrois
    • Transgender
    • Transexual
    • Transyada
    • Not Sure
    • Pangender
    • I'm Not Sure Yet
  4. 4. What Is Your Romantic Orientation?

• Aromantic
    • Gray-romantic
    • Heteromantic
    • Homoromantic
    • Biromantic
    • Panromantic
    • Polyromantic
    • Omniromantic
    • Not Sure
    • Demiromantic
    • Hyporomantic
    • Semiromantic
    • I'm Not Sure Yet
  5. 5. What Is Your Sexual Orientation?

• Asexual
    • Gray-A
    • Demisexual
    • Heterosexual
    • Homosexual
    • Bisexual
    • Pansexual
    • Polysexual
    • Omnisexual
    • Not Sure
    • Hyposexual
    • Semisexual
    • Undefinitive
    • I'm Not Sure Yet

This poll is closed to new votes

people my age now are having kids, getting married and such and my first thought when i hear about this is "but they are only my age. surely they are too young for that stuff"

i'm 28.

Ten years older than you, and I still have that exact same reaction.

Kitty Spoon Train
people my age now are having kids, getting married and such and my first thought when i hear about this is "but they are only my age. surely they are too young for that stuff"

i'm 28.

Ten years older than you, and I still have that exact same reaction.

Same.

It feels like 40 is the new 25. Most people I know still seem to be in some kind of "finding themselves" stage in their 30s, and like perhaps the full-on "settling down" thing should only happen with them around 40.

So for those who've had kids in their late 20s or 30s, for most of them it somehow feels like it was a forced decision to me. And in some cases, it indeed was. :lol:

i love kids so much but i feel like id be a terrible parent like from birth to when they move out??

i really do love babies im the best with infants give me a crying baby and ill make them so happy they sleep the moment they get put in a crib.

i mean i can imagine like taking care of little kids in a foster care situation or maybe adopting older kids?? like adopting kids in their late teens that havent had nice lives that sounds nice to me??

thats what i envision i dotn really see myself having biological kids....

yeah thats it allright that was boring sorry

I hate children so much. :angry:

I can't describe in words how much I hate them!

Oh the irony!

• 2 weeks later...

I love kids. I work with them on a regular basis as a swimming instructor, and they really seem to like me as well. I'm not sure if I want kids of my own though. I'm still pretty young, so I can't say for certain, but I don't think I really want them, at least not through my own sex. I wouldn't mind adopting eventually, but I don't think I'm really at the point in my life where I can say for sure.

MissingInAction

I know I'm pretty young to be speaking on this, but I can honestly say that I can't stand kids. XD; I have absolutely no patience for them whatsoever. Once in a while there will be the occasional angel child that I can actually stand to be around or babysit, but that's incredibly rare. In fact, I think there are only two kids I have met in my entire life that I will willingly babysit. |D;

Thinking into the future, if I do get a good job as an ethnologist or ethnographer and work through a university and/or some big-ticket archiving agency (which I hope happens), I probably wouldn't have that much time for kids with all the research and possible traveling and stuff.

So no: as of right now, I really can't see myself ever having children. :/ I guess you never know for sure what the future holds, however.

I'm aunt to four kids and I hate watch over them. So I really don't like kids nor do I want to have any. My mom has been saying to me that "You don't need to like any kids than your own. The feelings will come after birth". It might have been that my mom only got into kids when she accidentally got pregnant with her first one. And she got three more.

But when I think about it, it's always no. I don't see any reason to have kids. I don't have need to kids. I hate the idea of giving up my free time. I never want to carry a child and give birth.

I could provide a stable home and place to say, but I'm not sure about the love and cuddling.

Good thing is that since I'm already aunt to four kids my mom doesn't give me any pressure to have any. I'm not even in relationship. The most like situation of me having kids is if someone close to me would die and leave kids orphan with no takers. Even then I would not be the most eager one.

Ace-of-Blades

I have nothing against children, I just don't want them for myself. I find the whole idea of pregnancy to be a messy and generally gross process. And to be honest, I don't know why I'd go through the pain, the morning sickness and the embarrassment; all to produce a screaming, pooping infant that can't take care of itself.

I've had this conversation with my mother, who thinks I'm going through 'a stage' (god, I hate it when that comes up), and that 'life will throw me a curve ball'. Not bloody likely!

I'm perfectly happy having children... that I can give back to their parents when they start crying, or pooping, or vomiting, or doing any number of vial things that children do :P

I always say I don't want kids. You need to have sex for that! XD Besides, animals have always made better kids for me -- no college fund to save up for.

Nope, and especially not after the plane trip I had yesterday. Was seated in the vicinity of 3 crybabies (I think maybe only one of them was an actual baby) and some little piss ant behind me kept kicking my seat.

That reminds me of the trip home from my last vacation. Except there were two little ones (one baby and a kid about 6 or so). And good freaking grief, it was like the flight couldn't end soon enough (and I love flying).

Right now: GOOOOOOD NOOOOO

Not sure about the future though maybe I will maybe not.

He's lying. He has promised me at least a dozen kids.

Mostly Peaceful Ryan
Right now: GOOOOOOD NOOOOO

Not sure about the future though maybe I will maybe not.

He's lying. He has promised me at least a dozen kids.

O_______________________________O Dam Gurl

No kids, Trans to intersex, with different orientations for the male and female parts of the intersex identity.

That's a big fat resounding NOOO for me.

I'm a qualified Nanny (went to college and trained after school), I did it for nearly 10 years and NEVER AGAIN.

The older I get, the less patience I have for young kids/babies/toddlers. Now some of my cousins kids are young teenagers, I can finally deal with them.

My cousin's wife had a baby a couple of years ago and we were having a big family barbecue at our house. The baby was being passed around from Aunty to Uncle to Grandparents and my cousin approached me with the baby and was about to lumber me with said child, before I could open my mouth to protest, his wife piped up and said "No Richard, Elnae doesn't do holding babies!"

I totally creased up laughing and so did everybody else. :lol:

See? Everybody knows me too well!!!

• 2 weeks later...

today a work colleague had his 2 month old son in for a few minutes.

brought up to the office where me and another guy are. the other guy gets up to look at the baby. i continue working away without interest.

after the father leaves with the baby, the other colleague asks me:

colleague: what babies do nothing for you?

iff: nope, i've no interest in babies or children.

colleague *shocked*: but how, you were once a baby

i just put my head down and worked away. time is money after all.

If that was me, I would've replied with either: "Thanks for stating the obvious". Or : "No, really"? Here I thought I was Athena, while rolling my eyes.

I'm generally indifferent/uninterested in children which is the same way I feel about romantic relationships. I can't see myself married with kids. I do like cats though. ^_^

Striped Sweater

Noooo children for me, thanks. Most of my cousins are younger than me, and when I was younger, I was the designated babysitter at family gatherings. I hated every minute. Don't mind it when they're older though. I used to work at a camp as a counselor-in-training, and the most fun week I had there was when I was with the 12-14 year olds, while I avoided the 5-7 year old age group like the plague. Not to mention I think I'd be a terrible parent.

In short, I think I'll adopt a dog instead.

colleague: what babies do nothing for you?

iff: nope, i've no interest in babies or children.

colleague *shocked*: but how, you were once a baby

I hate it when people use that argument, it's so common. It's like they somehow think they weren't annoying pants-shitting hellraisers when they were kids.

Waist of Thyme

No. I only want to have to take care of myself, and I have no interest in children. Or people in general, for that matter.

Nope. Never have, probably never will. Besides, cats are essentially children to me more than human children ever will be.

I love working with kids. I actually want to be a special needs teacher at the elementary level. I want kids, just don't want to have sex. I think if I do adopt/foster care, I might help older kids, but I am still not sure if adopting is a good idea or not. Honestly, I am so busy living life and going to school right now that kids if I ever adopt will be way in the future

• 2 weeks later...

I've always wanted a family. A husband and 2+ kids, maybe a pet or two.

I absolutely love children. My friend and her family always joke that I'm plotting to kidnap her baby nephew. It's partially true.

When I was little, I thought no one would ever love me so I resolved that if I ended up single by the time I was settled and ready for children, I'd adopt. Now it's not as ridiculous of a fear like that as much as I'm afraid I won't enjoy sex and that might get in the way of relationships and/or having children.

I also found out I have some gynecological problems that might make sex less enjoyable anyway. Still dead set on wanting a sexual marriage and having kids - hopefully of my own as well as adopted.

I'm a determined woman.

Archived