About jealousy

Rising Sun

What are your level and causes of jealousy ?  

1. 1. What is your level of jealousy ?

• I have a high level of jealousy - I'm asexual
    • I have an average level of jealousy - I'm asexual
    • I have a low level of jealousy / no jealousy - I'm asexual
    • I have a high level of jealousy - I'm grey-A
    • I have an average level of jealousy - I'm grey-A
    • I have a low level of jealousy / no jealousy - I'm grey-A
    • I have a high level of jealousy - I'm demisexual
    • I have an average level of jealousy - I'm demisexual
    • I have a low level of jealousy / no jealousy - I'm demisexual
    • I have a high level of jealousy - I'm "sexual"
    • I have an average level of jealousy - I'm "sexual"
    • I have a low level of jealousy / no jealousy - I'm "sexual"
  2. 2. What is the main cause of your jealousy ?

• My jealousy is mainly about my partner having sex with another person - I'm asexual
    • My jealousy is mainly about my partner having feelings for another person - I'm asexual
    • My jealousy is equally about both - I'm asexual
    • My jealousy is mainly for another reason (specify please) - I'm asexual
    • I don't feel any jealousy in my couple / past couple experiences - I'm asexual
    • My jealousy is mainly about my partner having sex with another person - I'm grey-A
    • My jealousy is mainly about my partner having feelings for another person - I'm grey-A
    • My jealousy is equally about both - I'm grey-A
    • My jealousy is mainly for another reason (specify please) - I'm grey-A
    • I don't feel any jealousy in my couple / past couple experiences - I'm grey-A
    • My jealousy is mainly about my partner having sex with another person - I'm demisexual
    • My jealousy is mainly about my partner having feelings for another person - I'm demisexual
    • My jealousy is equally about both - I'm demisexual
    • My jealousy is mainly for another reason (specify please) - I'm demisexual
    • I don't feel any jealousy in my couple / past couple experiences - I'm demisexual
    • My jealousy is mainly about my partner having sex with another person - I'm "sexual"
    • My jealousy is mainly about my partner having feelings for another person - I'm "sexual"
    • My jealousy is equally about both - I'm "sexual"
    • My jealousy is mainly for another reason (specify please) - I'm "sexual"
    • I don't feel any jealousy in my couple / past couple experiences - I'm "sexual"

This poll is closed to new votes

I would like to know if there is a difference in the level of jealousy in couples, depending on your (a)sexuality.

I have remarked how much (sexual) others are generally very jealous with their partner having sex with another person, but they forgive their partner more easily if there are feelings for another person, but no sex. I'm a demi and if for me both are hard to forgive, I would forgive more easily about sex without feelings, than about feelings even without sex.

So, I would like to compare differences between answers of asexuals, grey-A / demisexuals and "sexuals". Thanks by advance :)

(For moderators, I have researched to verify if there was a similar poll, but I have found only one which was much less precise. If there has already been a similar poll I haven't seen, please accept my apologies.)

moonfairy3349

I think you should add in a question about gender to get a more accurate answer to your question. Within the field of evolutionary psychology, it has been found (experimentally) that heterosexual men are more jealous when their heterosexual female partners have sex with another person while heterosexual women are more jealous when their heterosexual male partners have feelings for another person.

moonfairy3349

You might also want to have seperate categories for grey-A and demisexual because they are not the same thing.

You're right, the idea is interesting, but I just corrected my poll because I saw it was impossible to answer to just one question. I would add new genders if I had more options for each question, but I can add only 20 options for each question, and it would make too many options.

I don't think I'm a jealous person much in general, but I do consider myself monogamous and I would want someone in a relationship with me to be content and happy with what they were getting without having to resort to things like affairs. I'm not really sure where that places me here >_>

cleuchtturm

I get insanely jealous. Illogically so. You'd never know it looking at me because I try to be the picture of calm, but inside, I'm raging.

5_♦♣

I've never been in a romantic relationship, so I'm never jealous... In that way. I am, however, jealous of Abby. It'd be great to be able to travel the world with Kelly. (Yes, I know it's silly to be jealous of a teddy bear, I can't help it though).

• 1 month later...

Asexual, low level jealousy for other reasons. I'm poly and perfectly fine with a partner having both sexual and emotional intimacy with others, as long as it doesn't happen under my nose; the only form my jealousy takes is getting angry at feeling neglected if a partner exchanges intimacies with others while I'm present in the same situation.

• 5 months later...

I picked moderate jealousy, and only for feelings, not for sex. I was actually talking about this with my partner recently -- At some point in our relationship, we had an open relationship, and she made out with another girl, but with very little emotional attachment (She admitted many times she thought the girl was annoying, but she was still interested in hooking up with her). For some resaon, I found myself not bothered at all by the fact that she had hooked up with a different girl, involving only making out and so forth, which is something that made me feel really asexual - I had a definite "I don't care what you sexuals do together!" feeling. But if my partner had a strong emotional connection with someone else, on the same level of ours, I would feel pretty jealous, and I have felt jealous of people who were just her friends, for their emotional connection, even her sister.

Mostly Peaceful Ryan

I'm a Jelly Boyfriend for sure. :redface: I don't see it as bad. I just wouldn't be able to be in a relationship with someone I didn't trust fully because of it. I also wouldn't want to so for me it's not a negative just something about me :redface:

I got so jealous of everyone feeling what i couldn't that i pushed everyone away. Guess that makes me a very jealous person, to ditch all my old friends over something so silly. :(

• 5 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived