WTFromantic - question for aromantics

ithaca

As I usually see it used, WTFromantic people want close relationships that aren't romantic. They might have lots of squishes (ie platonic crushes) or something. WTFromantic could mean other things too.

So, these people would want things like the type of relationships that are the ones that I am most interested in, except that they're not the only ones I can be interested in(demiromantic here) - I'm poly and primarily want the metamour relationships - I want the relationship with the partner of my partner, not to be in a relationship with that person, but the close platonic relationship - something more than a friendship even - with that person who loves the same person I do.

That makes this make sense (even taking the poly part out).

Notte stellata

As I usually see it used, WTFromantic people want close relationships that aren't romantic. They might have lots of squishes (ie platonic crushes) or something. WTFromantic could mean other things too.

So, these people would want things like the type of relationships that are the ones that I am most interested in, except that they're not the only ones I can be interested in(demiromantic here) - I'm poly and primarily want the metamour relationships - I want the relationship with the partner of my partner, not to be in a relationship with that person, but the close platonic relationship - something more than a friendship even - with that person who loves the same person I do.

That makes this make sense (even taking the poly part out).

Interesting...So do you want the metamour relationship even more than the relationship with your partner? (Correct me if I misunderstood you.)

I'm poly too and I hope for good metamour relationships (both between me and my partner's partner, and the other way around), but it's not an absolute requirement.

Interesting...So do you want the metamour relationship even more than the relationship with your partner? (Correct me if I misunderstood you.)

I would want the metamour relationship more than wanting a romantic relationship, but I want to keep the romantic relationship I have more than wanting to keep a metamour relationship. However I would get very upset if I lost my metamour. Like losing all ability to function for long periods of time upset, not minor levels of upset. There was someone who almost made it to a metamour position and its been more than a year since it became clear that it wouldn't happen and I've been operating at drastically reduced capabilities for over a year now. She never even was a metamour.

I have no interest in gaining another romantic relationship - the one I have happened by chance (my friends thought I was asexual/aromantic until my boyfriend and I accidentally found ourselves in a relationship that developed from us being very close friends - apparently I'm demiromantic and some weird sexuality that is somewhere between demisexual and asexual (I don't feel sexual desire), but I spent much of my relationship with my boyfriend telling him how much I missed him having his ex-girlfriend because I missed the relationship with her, until he got another girlfriend, and now even though his relationship with her is very different than the other relationship was I have a metamour and I am satisfying that some and its showing, yes, I really crave the metamour relationship that extremely. I wouldn't be able to cope with losing my boyfriend, but when it comes to adding relationships - I'm more interested in metamour relationships than romantic ones, and if I didn't have him I suspect the same is true. I just never would have figured any of this out without him, because I never thought about romantic relationships or sexuality at all without him - it all was nonexistent to me before him. I was that sort of seemingly asexual/aromantic person who turned out to be not quite that.

So, almost. When the three of us are together though, its my boyfriend - the one who's in a relationship with both of us - who ends up getting left out most often.

Notte stellata

Thanks for your explanation. This is all very interesting. :)

I think many many words can be better than WTFromantic, personally <_<

Honestly, my first thought upon seeing the para prefix was paralyzed. So no, I don't think para-romantic is better than WTF-Romantic.

Well, I was thinking more in the sense of how it's used to mean 'side by side'. I'm just brainstorming though, since I don't think WTFromantic is a term that can be taken seriously.

I think many many words can be better than WTFromantic, personally <_<

I agree. How do you even say it?

Do you say "W-T-F-romantic?" Do you try and pronounce the word like "wutafromantic?" Or is it just plain old "what-the-fuck-romantic?" Either way, I'm not sure it's usable in the real world.

Do you try and pronounce the word like "wutafromantic?"

I like that one. WOO-tuh-froh-MANN-tick. :D

But yeah... it sounds silly, and my first thought reading it was "someone's taking the piss at there being too many labels".

Do you try and pronounce the word like "wutafromantic?"

I like that one. WOO-tuh-froh-MANN-tick. :D

But yeah... it sounds silly, and my first thought reading it was "someone's taking the piss at there being too many labels".

I agree, and I agreed when they took the piss out of those labels. I'm fond of the term, personally :D .

Archived