Hair Shaving, Trimming, etc.

Pawn

1. 1. Do you shave/trim/etc., even the slightest? (Aside from head hair)

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What are you/do you identify to?

• Male
    • Female
    • Transsexual
    • Neutrois
    • Other
    • I don't know
    • Keep it secret
  3. 3. Which part(s) of your body do you shave/trim/etc.?

• Chest
    • Arms and/or Hands
    • Back
    • Abdomen
    • Pubis
    • Posterior
    • Legs and/or Feet
    • Other
    • I do not treat my hair
    • ADDED - Armpits
    • ADDED - Eyebrows
  4. 4. What do you do?

• Shave/Wax/Pluck
    • Trim
    • Other
    • I do not treat my hair
    • I don't know
  5. 5. For what reasons?

• Aesthetic Reasons
    • Medical Reasons
    • Hygienic Reasons
    • Sociological Reasons
    • Other
    • I don't know
    • I do not treat my hair

This poll is closed to new votes

Urm... That should do it. There has been a topic on this previously, but it was restricted to women and is... pretty far back. Tell me if there's anything missing.

Well hello! This is a poll about hair treating, obviously. Firstly, I know it's a touchy subject for some and people don't want their personal info to be published much, but... Last I've heard, polls keep the answers secret, so... mods might want to enlighten us on that subject, but I don't think it'll be necessary. Plus, I didn't put "Other (specify)" so if there are people who would choose that, they don't have to break their anonymity... Keep in mind that you can still comment! Dunno, you can also tell me if I did the poll right, or something or the like. And suggest new options if necessary.

So if you're not familiar with one or more of these terms, I'll do a quick resume for each of the options.

- Yes: **nod**

- No: **shake head**

- Male: Er... Pass.

- Female: Pass.

- Transsexual: Wiki.

- Neutrois: None.

- Other: If you don't know. You can always suggest your answer as a suggestion. ^_^

- I don't know: If um... pass.

- Keep it secret: If you don't trust me, the poll or whatever else reason you'd like not mention it.

- Chest: Where pectorals are, breasts...

- Arms and Hands: Limbs tied to your shoulders. Hands are at the other end of arms.

- Back: Opposite side of chest. (If you manage to, somehow...)

- Abdomen: Also known as belly, where should be your bellybutton.

- Pubis: Where lies reproductive parts, between the abdomen and the legs.

- Posterior: Buttocks, behind, butt...

- Legs and Feet: Longest parts of your body, feet at the end of legs.

- Armpits: The part between the arm and the chest, under the place they're glued together.

- Eyebrows: That spot of hair right up to your eyes. Yes, it's head hair, but not everyone does it, unlike top hair and beards.

- Shave/Wax: Cutting the hair at the base from the skin's surface.

- Trim: Cut short, or shorter.

- Aesthetic Reasons: For aesthetic ends; Beauty.

- Medical Reasons: To prevent any health-related problems. Can also be requested by a doctor.

- Hygienic Reasons: To keep the body to accumulate any more detritus, dirt, microorganisms, etc.

- Sociological Reasons(spelling?): Because others do it, because it's popular, etc.

Well... That's it! Thanks for voting!

- Arms and Hands: Limbs tied to your shoulders. Hands are at the other end of arms.

This made me LOL

:)

ARMPITS dude. ARMPITS. damnit. I can't believe you forgot this part.

Girls shave armpits!

Anyway, I just shave to feel more comfortable, that's all. My hair grows long and I feel all icky. That's it.

This made me LOL

:)

Hahaha, yeah... Didn't know what to put at all, so I just went figuratively. :P Who knows, aliens might come by someday.

Oh and I'll add armpits, since they're missing and aren't exactly part of arms or chest... A bit like posterior isn't part of the back and legs.

I don't do any of that, mainly because I know the hair will just grow back.

If I could get rid of ALL the hair on my body permanently (and without it costing exorbitant amounts of money), I'd gladly do it. My mom says I shed more than her cats.

Batman's Ace

Never bothered; it's not worth the time and money for the minor (for me, at least) and temporary cosmetic effect.

I feel like wax should be it's own option, and pluck could be with shave. I don't do much to my hair, armpits are shaven to help stay clean. I will shave my legs largely depending on the weather and events. For the most part, my legs are unshaven in the winter and will be shaven in the summer. I'm starting to to do it less and less though.

Do you shave/trim/etc., even the slightest? (Aside from head hair)

Yes

What are you/do you identify to?

Female

Which part(s) of your body do you shave/trim/etc.?

Pubis, legs, armpits

What do you do?

Shave with a blade, trimm

For what reasons?

Aesthetical, hygienical, sociological

I feel like wax should be it's own option, and pluck could be with shave. I don't do much to my hair, armpits are shaven to help stay clean. I will shave my legs largely depending on the weather and events. For the most part, my legs are unshaven in the winter and will be shaven in the summer. I'm starting to to do it less and less though.

I wanted to put "shaving" separated from "waxing" before, but both mostly sound like eradicating hair from the surface of the skin, so it somewhat seemed... pointless to have two categories for that. Thanks for mentioning plucking, though, I'll add it right away. ^_^

As for eyebrows, maybe I should add the Eyebrow option? Although it's head hair, it's not like beards and top hair... And not everybody does it.

I shave legs, abs and armpits. I occasionally pluck my brows.

Great Thief Yatagarasu

I shave my legs, underarms and my bikini line (no way in hell am I going to trim ALL my pubic hair). I didn't do it when I was younger, back when (funnily enough) I had the most hair, and people used to comment on it all the time - I felt pretty self-conscious about it. Now I'm older and generally less hairy, though, and people don't give a shit. I shave my legs because it makes wearing tights and tight trousers more comfortable, and it makes the skin really soft - my underarms, I just prefer them not hairy. I trim my bikini line because if I don't, it kind of looks as if all the hair is trying to escape out my knickers, and I don't like how that looks. I'm a natural blonde, though, so I can get away with not doing my underarms or legs until I have to.

Jillianimal

Cis/demigirl

Shave legs during the summer, armpits & bikini line.

Trim/pluck digits, eyebrows & groin area.

Mainly for aesthetic reasons & cultural upbringing. Also it's an excuse to use scissors. I just love snipping.

• 4 weeks later...
- Hygienic Reasons: To keep the body to accumulate any more detritus, dirt, microorganisms, etc.

I must say there are certain 'microorganisms' I would definitely want to keep away from my shaven body parts hehe

I voted that I don't do anything to my hair.

About ten years ago I shaved my head and eyebrows, but have not touched a razor since, anywhere. I'm probably just too lazy and don't give a damn. I also hate the feeling of stubble.

Ever since puberty, I've tried to keep everything under my head completely hairless at all times. It's not for aesthetics, since nobody ever sees those parts of my body, as I always wear long sleeved shirts and full pants. Not that I would want anyone to see any of it, what with the whole stigma against shaved males and such. I mostly just do it because it feels much cleaner.

• 2 weeks later...

I started shaving when I was still considered a normal heterosexual female, I was 15 and teenage guys were lauging at me at the beach and calling me a bear, which was horrible for my self-esteem. So I started and even though I'm now very butch and want to not care, but I still do. Thus - sociological reasons, legs and armpits.

• 5 months later...
Grumpy Alien

I hate the feeling of stubble anywhere on my body. I find it irritating and scratchy.

Personally, I hate shaving. It's a pain, especially doing the pubic area. I mostly do it for comfort. Sometimes my hair gets too long and it feels icky against my clothes so I shave. But I don't do it very often because I have sensitive skin.

I just feel more comfortable without body hair, especially pubic hair. I get rid of everything down there. Also the usual places too such as my legs and armpits.

I shave everything on my body. Just the hair on my head remains and a thinned eyebrow line. Body Hair makes me feel very nasueas and I find it completely unneecessary. I had shaved my left arm (which made me look even more weird) since I was in my early 20's, as it is heavily scarred and the hairs would irritate my healing wounds. I had wanted to be hairless for some time, having not yet found out about my Asexuality, but felt it would draw too much attention to me, as people were already suspicious of my lack of "someone special". When I finally found AVEN I stumbled upon a thread that discussed body hair and saw that quite a few members weren't fond of or shaved most of their hair. For a while, I was also not comfortable with my gender, had many doubts about who I was and hated many aspects of my masculinity.

So out came the razor. It is a pain in the arse and time consuming, nevermind the irony of hacking my legs open with a a razor and the reason I started shaving my arm in the first place. But it brings me a peace, which to be honest, is very hard to explain.

Female. I shave ...sometimes. I hate the feel of stubble it is itchy, but I also hate the feel of long body hair. Also, it is way cleaner to me to keep the hair gone in certain areas. I mainly shave my pubic area around my period, or if I am going to wear a bathing suit. My underarms get shaved if I wear a tank top, or if the hair gets longish cause it makes smells in that area easier to keep away. My legs get shaved if I am going to wear a short skirt or something, so rarely.. or if I wear socks cause the hair itches with socks. My leg / arm / facial hair is blonde (nearly white its so blonde) so I can get away with a lot. I never ever touch my eyebrows. Lol

So hygiene / social / comfort for me. Shave. Female. Pubic, underarms, legs and sometimes arms.

Guest Scarlet Spider

I do shave and quite often actually. I either shave my ever growing beard (peach fuzz) or my pubic hair, and that's all. I shave my face because some people tell me it looks better shaved and i can feel when it itches, it's usually when it itches that i want to or need to shave my face again, even if it's just some hair below my nose. And i shave my pubic hair because lets face it guys, if not that stuff gets kinda messy and annoying. Besides, i feel much cleaner and it's easier to wash my pubes when i have no hair there. :p

• 2 weeks later...

I do my pubic hair only, i don't shave just trim. I tend to get ingrown hairs when i shave him. :wacko:

My chest makes me feel manly, one of the very few things that does.

I really don't like body hair. I don't care if other people have it, that's cool, but I really don't like it on myself. So I shave everything. And keep it manageable by doing so every other day. *commitment*

• 2 weeks later...

I've got very dark hair, which looks, in my opinion, rather ridiculous if I don't keep it tame. Wax away!

• 4 weeks later...
divided_sky

I don't shave anything. i keep a short beard (idk if it qualifies as a beard, just some facial hair maybe). I like it, and I cannot be bothered to shave every day, even once a week feels like too much. I don't have the energy or interest to fuss over my appearance. It's the only thing I've ever gotten a positive compliment on from a woman, haha.

I shave my upper lip and chin, and occasionally trim my "sideburns". If I'm wearing a swim suit I'll trim my nether-regions. If I could have no body hair besides vellus hair, I'd love that, but my hair grows too quickly to bother shaving it regularly. Also, it itches terribly when I shave my legs and wear pants.

I shave. . . everything except my forearms and my head. I can't stand having hair anywhere except those two places. I shave every time I take a shower, so about once a day? Pretty dedicated to it.

I also keep my hair cropped fairly short, especially on the back of my neck. As soon as the hair on the back of my neck/head is long enough for me to twirl it around a finger, I bring out the trimmers.

Archived