Asexual personality?

Ace McHeeb
If there's something in all that screams, "THIS GUY'S ACE!" I'll send a $5 Starbucks card to the person that can find it.

Hmm...

I'm a heteromantic(sp?) asexual and have been looking for my soulmate since I was about 13.

I'd guess from that that you're probably ace, yep.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I meant besides that! :P

Hey hey, no takebacks. I want my card, dangit!

I think asexuals are more likely to be "content", which is probably why we appear so calm.

Have you read many threads in AVEN? :lol:

This thread is hilarious.

1. Michael Jackson isn't asexual.

2. Michael Jackson was half of my friend's (and my) first crush. We are all sexual.

3. I am much calmer than many of the asexuals on this site.

4. Who hasn't been called weird? Are you kidding me??? Because 3 people on AVEN were told they were weird, that makes it an asexual trait? Every single person is weird. and if we're going that route, gays are weird, fetishists are weird, people with asperger's are weird, people with OCD are weird, kids with weirdo parents are weird... there is literally NOTHING about being "weird" that makes you asexual.

5. Stereotypes do exist for a reason, but what you're looking for right here is whether there's an internal reason why gays all like Madonna. I highly doubt that there's a Madonna Gene... rather, it's environmental. WTF hit the nail on the head... groups of people tend to focus on their similarities because it makes it easier to get along. It also makes it easier to identify each other. Remember, little aces, until about 4 minutes ago, finding other gays wasn't so easy. Shortcuts like behaviors, earrings, and Madonna served as really good hints about who to hit on and who to avoid. So I guess in the sense that gays want to fuck other gays and the only way to do that is to find other gays, therefore having a cohesive culture is helpful, so... sure, if you want to stretch it that far, there's your inherent personality trait... the desire to find other gays to fuck.

6. I am a lesbian and have neither anger management issues nor a chip on my shoulder, thank you very much. I'm one of the easiest people to hang out with, and I use the phrase "that's gay" about a hundred times a day. I do have a touch of the feminism in me, but you know what? The feminist anger thing is part of the lesbian culture. Not all women who sleep with other women are angry... but women who sleep with women who also wear that as a big part of their identity and who spend all their time in lesbian circles, those people probably are. Just like how asexuals who wear their asexuality like a badge of honor and spend time on AVEN probably share more traits in common with each other than asexuals who think the asexual community is stupid (look to some of the sexuals' partners for examples... like mine).

7. When people say "all lesbians have anger management issues" I suspect what's happening is some self-selection. If someone isn't angry, you wouldn't assume they're lesbians. If a guy isn't effeminate, you don't assume he's gay. That doesn't make that totally straight-looking guy on the street not gay, though. It just makes you oblivious to people who don't fit your stereotypes.

8. I'm sexual, but I'm also on AVEN and I'm also an introvert. I have a lot more in common with you nitwits than my asexual partner. I imagine it's the same with Lady Girl's husband... I highly doubt Mr. LG would be "drawn" to you guys and want to chat about sci-fi, Dr. Who, My Little Pony, and how awesome being ace is. This morning when I told my partner about what happened with Birdie, my partner said "I didn't think my opinion of the asexual community could fall further, but there it went".

tl;dr

No, asexuals are not all the same, nor do they all share any specific personality trait. And good lord you're certainly not calmer! (but hey, if you want to claim Michael Jackson on your team, go for it... we're happy to get rid of him)

Ace McHeeb

YOU'RE AWESOME!

This thread is hilarious.

1. Michael Jackson isn't asexual.

2. Michael Jackson was half of my friend's (and my) first crush. We are all sexual.

3. I am much calmer than many of the asexuals on this site.

4. Who hasn't been called weird? Are you kidding me??? Because 3 people on AVEN were told they were weird, that makes it an asexual trait? Every single person is weird. and if we're going that route, gays are weird, fetishists are weird, people with asperger's are weird, people with OCD are weird, kids with weirdo parents are weird... there is literally NOTHING about being "weird" that makes you asexual.

5. Stereotypes do exist for a reason, but what you're looking for right here is whether there's an internal reason why gays all like Madonna. I highly doubt that there's a Madonna Gene... rather, it's environmental. WTF hit the nail on the head... groups of people tend to focus on their similarities because it makes it easier to get along. It also makes it easier to identify each other. Remember, little aces, until about 4 minutes ago, finding other gays wasn't so easy. Shortcuts like behaviors, earrings, and Madonna served as really good hints about who to hit on and who to avoid. So I guess in the sense that gays want to fuck other gays and the only way to do that is to find other gays, therefore having a cohesive culture is helpful, so... sure, if you want to stretch it that far, there's your inherent personality trait... the desire to find other gays to fuck.

6. I am a lesbian and have neither anger management issues nor a chip on my shoulder, thank you very much. I'm one of the easiest people to hang out with, and I use the phrase "that's gay" about a hundred times a day. I do have a touch of the feminism in me, but you know what? The feminist anger thing is part of the lesbian culture. Not all women who sleep with other women are angry... but women who sleep with women who also wear that as a big part of their identity and who spend all their time in lesbian circles, those people probably are. Just like how asexuals who wear their asexuality like a badge of honor and spend time on AVEN probably share more traits in common with each other than asexuals who think the asexual community is stupid (look to some of the sexuals' partners for examples... like mine).

7. When people say "all lesbians have anger management issues" I suspect what's happening is some self-selection. If someone isn't angry, you wouldn't assume they're lesbians. If a guy isn't effeminate, you don't assume he's gay. That doesn't make that totally straight-looking guy on the street not gay, though. It just makes you oblivious to people who don't fit your stereotypes.

8. I'm sexual, but I'm also on AVEN and I'm also an introvert. I have a lot more in common with you nitwits than my asexual partner. I imagine it's the same with Lady Girl's husband... I highly doubt Mr. LG would be "drawn" to you guys and want to chat about sci-fi, Dr. Who, My Little Pony, and how awesome being ace is. This morning when I told my partner about what happened with Birdie, my partner said "I didn't think my opinion of the asexual community could fall further, but there it went".

tl;dr

No, asexuals are not all the same, nor do they all share any specific personality trait. And good lord you're certainly not calmer! (but hey, if you want to claim Michael Jackson on your team, go for it... we're happy to get rid of him)

Too true Skulls...and Mr. LG says the only thing he has in common with most asexuals, besides the obvious, is that he can't type.

Is it the determinate factor for the basis or essence of one's overall personality? Not at all.

Can it influence it though? Yes.

Too true Skulls...and Mr. LG says the only thing he has in common with most asexuals, besides the obvious, is that he can't type.

I like to imagine him as a Bronie though!

Who's Mr. LG again?

Lady Girl's husband. I used to call him Mr. Lady Girl but I think that may have been somewhat insensitive to his masculinity. :)

Hmmm, I think that while a lot of stereotypes are due to cultural reasons, not all of them. I don't think most gay/lesbians try to fit into the stereotypes of the opposite sex, they just are that way. For example, my sister is a lesbian, but growing up she did not identify as such, and was in fact against such things. Appearance wise, she had a face that reminded many of a boy, and some even mistake her as such. Even then, as a young girl, she was a major tom boy. She prefered wearing boy clothings and prefered the rough and tumble play of boys. She dated some boys in school, but she always preferred girls. She was in a bit of denial before she finally accepted who she was. And growing up there was always the very feminine boys who walk like girls, talk like girls, and perferred to socialize with girls but didn't identify being gay until they grew up. When I see a gay person who dressed feminine, walking with a swag to their hips, and talking with high pitch voices, I don't think they are trying to act like a women, and I think that that is truly who they are.

I

m not saying anyone is consciously trying to act like the other gender; rather, that there exist stereotypical ways of acting for hetero men, hetero women, gay men, and lesbians, which may or may not be related to "who they really are."

I don't think there is a "tomboy gene." People can wear and act how they want, but sometimes people make assumptions based on it. As I said before, since I act/look "butch" and was a tomboy growing up, everyone thinks I'm a lesbian. I definitely don't think gay men are trying to be women. I think there is a culturally accepted gay stereotype and some fit into it.

If there was a "masculine" gene, you could not explain why, in some cultures such as tribal cultures, the attitudes and roles are reversed.

Yes, he more than likely is, and I'm not the only one who viewed him as such. One of the few times I've actually heard of asexual, it was use in reference to Michael Jackson on a person who studied him. But you don't want him so... ;)

I think the biggest problem here is how people are uncomfortable with discussing generalizations. For one, it offends people, especially when it isn't positive. And too many people see "in general" and think "everyone." No one said all asexuals are the same or have the same personailty. Does your sexualilty influnece your personailty? Yes, I think so, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some scientific study out there who claims the same thing( too lazy to look). If there was a general asexual personailty, what would it be? What would make your asexydar go off?

And by the way..

I like anime. My sexual friend likes anime.

I like cake. My sexual friend likes cake.

I like coldplay. My sexual friend likes coldplay.

I don't like Doctor Who. My sexual friend likes Doctor Who.

I'm shy. My sexual friend is shy.

m not saying anyone is consciously trying to act like the other gender; rather, that there exist stereotypical ways of acting for hetero men, hetero women, gay men, and lesbians, which may or may not be related to "who they really are."

Ask yourself this. What came first, the act or the stereotype? Stereotypes are created when a certain behavior is seen commonly among a specific group of people. It must be seen first before it becomes a sterotype or it just wouldn't make sense. There is truth behind it. Unforunatly, if most lesbians wear a sort hair do, the people who do wear short hair who aren't lesbians are judge. I had my hair cut last year and I remember being nervous that people would then assume I'm a lesbian.

Vampyremage

Yes, he more than likely is, and I'm not the only one who viewed him as such. One of the few times I've actually heard of asexual, it was use in reference to Michael Jackson on a person who studied him. But you don't want him so... ;)

I think the biggest problem here is how people are uncomfortable with discussing generalizations. For one, it offends people, especially when it isn't positive. And too many people see "in general" and think "everyone." No one said all asexuals are the same or have the same personailty. Does your sexualilty influnece your personailty? Yes, I think so, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some scientific study out there who claims the same thing( too lazy to look). If there was a general asexual personailty, what would it be? What would make your asexydar go off?

And by the way..

You have to be careful in insinuation causative effect. To say that certain personality traits might be correlated with certain sexualities is one thing but to say that certain sexualities cause certain personality traits is quite another. I do not think being gay or being asexual causes any personality traits. There is no gene that is both the gay gene and the fashionable gene. However, sometimes environment and peer group can effect one's personality which is why, I believe, you do see certain personality traits that are correlated with certain peer groups or certain sexualities.

Again, lets take the gay example here. There are a certain number of gay individuals who are actively part of the gay culture. The gay culture has certain norms that are expected, either implicitly or explicitly and to varying degrees, to be followed. One of those loose expectations for a gay male, might be that they be fashionable. Thus, it is not the fact that they are gay that leads them to be more fashionable, but rather the fact that they are part of a gay subculture that encourages being fashionable that causes them to be so.

Much the same can be said of any other subculture that has nothing to do with sexuality. I am loosely affiliated with the metal subculture. If I see a metalhead walking down the street, there are certain traits that are more likely to be attributed to that individual than to an individual in the general populace. For example, they are more likely to have a strong non-conformist attitude, long hair and a love of drinking. Does that mean that all metal heads fall into these stereotypes? Absolutely not. What it does mean are that these are ideals that are fairly strongly promoted within the metal subculture and thus those who associate with said subculture are more likely to hold these ideals and adopt these specific traits.

Correlation and causation are very different concepts and I think its extremely important to be able to differentiate between the two of them.

And by the way..

The problem comes in when someone says that asexuals are calmer, or lesbians are angrier, or blah blah... none of that is true. And while I have no doubt that three asexuals who all go to school together would end up being friends, I highly doubt its because of some mystical reason. I'm sure it's because they have a lot in common. That has nothing to do with asexual personality and it certainly isn't ingrained. I remember in grad school we were hooked up with mentors, and our mentors got to choose from us young'ns. The gay dude picked me because he could tell there was "something different". And that's true, but that something different was intentional, or at least conscious, and came from years of socialization. Same with asexuals in high school... if you're the type of asexual who frowns on typical high school social norms, then you're going to attract others like you... but that's not an inherent trait of being asexual, that's a cultivated trait. There's a difference. It's like saying all white supremacists just happen to become friends in prison... it's totally overlooking the intentionality, the conscious, and the subconscious effort people put into their outward presentation in order to find like-minded individuals. Gays aren't the only people who have developed very subtle forms of communication for the purposes of attracting a social group. Don't confuse those with inherent personality traits.

EDIT: I just said all of this way stupider than Vamp did. Read theirs instead.

And by the way..

You have to be careful in insinuation causative effect. To say that certain personality traits might be correlated with certain sexualities is one thing but to say that certain sexualities cause certain personality traits is quite another. I do not think being gay or being asexual causes any personality traits. There is no gene that is both the gay gene and the fashionable gene. However, sometimes environment and peer group can effect one's personality which is why, I believe, you do see certain personality traits that are correlated with certain peer groups or certain sexualities.

Again, lets take the gay example here. There are a certain number of gay individuals who are actively part of the gay culture. The gay culture has certain norms that are expected, either implicitly or explicitly and to varying degrees, to be followed. One of those loose expectations for a gay male, might be that they be fashionable. Thus, it is not the fact that they are gay that leads them to be more fashionable, but rather the fact that they are part of a gay subculture that encourages being fashionable that causes them to be so.

Much the same can be said of any other subculture that has nothing to do with sexuality. I am loosely affiliated with the metal subculture. If I see a metalhead walking down the street, there are certain traits that are more likely to be attributed to that individual than to an individual in the general populace. For example, they are more likely to have a strong non-conformist attitude, long hair and a love of drinking. Does that mean that all metal heads fall into these stereotypes? Absolutely not. What it does mean are that these are ideals that are fairly strongly promoted within the metal subculture and thus those who associate with said subculture are more likely to hold these ideals and adopt these specific traits.

Correlation and causation are very different concepts and I think its extremely important to be able to differentiate between the two of them.

I think this is what I'm having a hard time explaining. I'm saying certain personailty traits are correlated with a certain sexualilty, not cause. I don't see liking fashion, cake, or a certain band as a part of person's personailty. That is just a person's likes and dislikes.

Ace McHeeb

I am far from calm when I get behind the wheel of a car. I'm screaming and cussing and flipping people off (Not very Christ-like behavior {for those of you who've seen my other posts}). When I get close to a deadline or when my carefully thought-out plan begins to crumble ... I begin to lose it. I get upset when I even PERCEIVE someone is attacking my personality (even if my perception is wrong). So yeah. I definitely don't fit any stereotype if there is one. How can you tell I'm ace? Well if I'm at a club, I'll be wearing this shirt and my black ring. Other than that? You'd never know. No. I don't think there's a stereotypical asexual.

I think this is what I'm having a hard time explaining. I'm saying certain personailty traits are correlated with a certain sexualilty, not cause.

Unless you know someone fairly well, you can't make any statements about their personality. You may have the opinion that certain behaviors are correlated with a certain sexuality, but behavior can be quite misleading, so even that's iffy.

The reason some people are uncomfortable with discussing generalities is that those generalities are sometimes only stereotypes. One generality that is true (I think) is that no one wants to be stereotyped.

I like to imagine him as a Bronie though!

Pretty hilarious...I had to look that up. I read some of this to him, and had to stop and laugh for awhile when he asked what's My Little Pony, and I said I don't know. :D

But seriously...I like Sally's one generality that's true and Skull's everyone is weird statement. In fact, everyone is so weird anymore, not being weird makes you weird!

Ace McHeeb

But seriously...I like Sally's one generality that's true and Skull's everyone is weird statement. In fact, everyone is so weird anymore, not being weird makes you weird!

I'll have you know that *I* am NOT weird! I'm Limited Edition. 8)

I think this is what I'm having a hard time explaining. I'm saying certain personailty traits are correlated with a certain sexualilty, not cause.

Unless you know someone fairly well, you can't make any statements about their personality. You may have the opinion that certain behaviors are correlated with a certain sexuality, but behavior can be quite misleading, so even that's iffy.

The reason some people are uncomfortable with discussing generalities is that those generalities are sometimes only stereotypes. One generality that is true (I think) is that no one wants to be stereotyped.

Which is true. Please don't think I go around putting stereotypes on people, or think of people as a stereotype. I'm just much more open to discussing these things which makes many people uncomfortable. I'm black and we have a whole heaps of stereotypes, but unlike most, I'd be happy to discuss those black stereotypes and why they are there, the truths behind it, etc. In fact, most topics deem uncomfortable to discuss I would happily do so.

I love to anaylze people. I analyze their actions, their reasons, what makes some people tick, etc. I don't see people in black or white, believe me. :lol: This thread, asking if sexuality may have something to do with your personailty, is one I find interesting and I love to explore that possibility. I think it should be discuss rather than just dismiss, though it typically is due to the danger of stereotyping and truth be told, if your talking about a group of people, it is unavoidable that stereotypes wont come up. Which makes most people uncomfortable. *shrug*

In fact, everyone is so weird anymore, not being weird makes you weird!

Bingo. Even if you come off as exceptionally ordinary, people will think you're weird for that reason.

It's pretty much an unavoidable thing

In fact, everyone is so weird anymore, not being weird makes you weird!

Bingo. Even if you come off as exceptionally ordinary, people will think you're weird for that reason.

It's pretty much an unavoidable thing

I'm really suspicious of people who seem completely non-weird. I figure they're the type to one day just go up on a roof and start shooting. Not that weird people don't do that also. So really, no one's safe. :rolleyes:

Vampyremage

The thing about attributing certain attributes to a specific group of people is that its not very useful to do, in real life. Even saying, for example, that more asexuals than the general population like cats, that doesn't really help you spot an asexual not only because there are also many sexuals who like cats but also because there are many asexuals who do not like cats. Even if one were to make a list of supposedly asexual traits, there are going to be very few who exhibit all of such traits and many sexual and asexual alike who are going to have some number of those traits.

I think asexuality would attract a certain crowd: I'm sure there's a lot of egg heads here (looks at the many discussions about definitions). people who don't relate to the media's representation of sex, people with low libidos/sex drives paired with partners with higher libidos/sex drives... the list goes on. By being in a space that is meant to encourage talk about non-mainstream representation of sex, I would think those characteristics would be magnified. It makes it easier for people to relate and bond together.

I think the stereotype would arise from the overlapping characteristics. As WTF mentioned, if any stereotype were to be made, it would be based off of the most striking people. In this case, I would assume an "asexual stereotype" would relate closely to dork/geek/nerd; who lives in a house overrun by cats or other furry creatures; and someone who can be extremely capable at their job, but equipped with the social skills of a disabled turtle.

As others have said, I too think it's erroneous to say "personality correlates to sexuality" and makes a generalization more severe than a stereotype. At least stereotypes, unless specified, don't rule out one's sexuality.

I like to think that everyone's crazy. It's just a matter of understanding their methods to their madness. ^_^

The thing about attributing certain attributes to a specific group of people is that its not very useful to do, in real life. Even saying, for example, that more asexuals than the general population like cats, that doesn't really help you spot an asexual not only because there are also many sexuals who like cats but also because there are many asexuals who do not like cats. Even if one were to make a list of supposedly asexual traits, there are going to be very few who exhibit all of such traits and many sexual and asexual alike who are going to have some number of those traits.

See, thats not it. It is so hard to explain, but if you do it like that you will get no where. Say you make a such a list to find an asexual:

like cats

weird

like Doctor Who

Shy

Then you will get no where. Your thinking of it way too one dimenisonal. Tons of people like cats, and tons of people are weird, tons of people are shy. Its how the traits are implied to the person. Its the mindset behind the person. Its the aura of that person. When I said weird in a couple of post before me, I was talking about a specific type of weird, and not weird in general. I've knew many people who I called weird who wasn't asexual. I guess the best way I can say it is you call someone weird, but ask yourself why. Why is that person weird? Was it an action that they done, or something about them? Why does that person own animals? It can be many reasons. Not one person has the exact same reason as another, but that reason can be shared. What aura does that person give off?

Say your going to observe one person for a couple of days, and you have to write about what you observe about that person. If what you list consist of:

Has a pet

loves to talk

jumps as she walks

Then you did it wrong. It isn't about a person traits, its about how those traits imply to that person. Personailty, to me, isn't liking cats or loving anime, its the deeper meaning behind those things.

I mean, if you think someone is asexual, the easiest way to find out is ask. But if your like me who perfer a challenge, observe, learn, make sure your at least 80% sure that that person is asexual, then ask after awhile to see if its correct. 8)

When I said weird in a couple of post before me, I was talking about a specific type of weird, and not weird in general. I've knew many people who I called weird who wasn't asexual. I guess the best way I can say it is you call someone weird, but ask yourself why. Why is that person weird? Was it an action that they done, or something about them? Why does that person own animals? It can be many reasons. Not one person has the exact same reason as another, but that reason can be shared. What aura does that person give off?

I hate to say this, but at this point I assume you're young, like in high school. You seem to think that people are easily divisible into categories. Why do people have cats? Do you honestly think there's an asexual vs. sexual reason for cat ownership? Do you think my partner and I have completely different relationships with our pets?

Do you honestly think there's a type of "asexual weird"? If there was an asexual, say, The Great WTF, who isn't the least bit queasy about sex, sex talk, sex jokes, etc, and you had a sexual who is rather modest or shy, how could you tell them apart? How could "weirdness" possibly show you anything but whether or not someone likes sex, or is social, etc? And how could that possibly help you, since lots of sexuals are shy, inhibited, or not particularly sexual, and some asexuals aren't at all shy, inhibited, and are highly sexual? Please, tell me what specific type of weirdness an asexual has that a sexual cannot have by virtue of their sexuality.

Mismatched

I think what people might think of as personality types, or stereotypes, might not have a real source in the personality itself, but in the motives of that person in that given situation. Women may act more feminine around men, because they want to attract men, but if no men were around, women might not act as what we think of as feminine. During World War II, women went left the kitchen and went to work in factories and got dirty. I bet during those times, women felt less of a need to dress up and be seen as delicate flowers.

This might also be a reason why lesbians aren't seen as particularly feminine, since most of the feminine things women do, are done in contrast to what we think of masculine so that they can attract a man. But if a lesbian isn't interested in attracting a man, what is the point of appearing or acting in ways that appeal to men?

Gay men may look a particular way since they know what kind of men they want to attract and they know first hand at what another gay man is attracted to. Men in general are a bit more visual, than women, so is it really a surprise that gay men tend to really understand and tap into that fact when they are dating? I saw a documentary talking about this interesting dynamic, that some gay men try to look like the person they want to attract. If they want a guy with big muscles and a tan, they get big muscles and a tan so they can be accepted in the group of gay men with big muscles and a tan, and therefore have a better chance of meeting the person they want to date. And something similar if a guy wants a lean thin guy. I think the documentary I saw people talk about this in was 'The Adonis Complex'.

As for asexuals, I don't think the personality of an asexual is any different from a straight, gay or lesbian person. The fact that we might don't do certain common things, typically attract other people, might be something that is noticed. Asexuals can be just as anal, lazy, nervous, awkward, smooth, nerdy, naive, bitter, nonchalant, annoying, paranoid, or any other personality trait you can think of, just as much as anyone else of another demographic.

When I said weird in a couple of post before me, I was talking about a specific type of weird, and not weird in general. I've knew many people who I called weird who wasn't asexual. I guess the best way I can say it is you call someone weird, but ask yourself why. Why is that person weird? Was it an action that they done, or something about them? Why does that person own animals? It can be many reasons. Not one person has the exact same reason as another, but that reason can be shared. What aura does that person give off?

I hate to say this, but at this point I assume you're young, like in high school. You seem to think that people are easily divisible into categories. Why do people have cats? Do you honestly think there's an asexual vs. sexual reason for cat ownership? Do you think my partner and I have completely different relationships with our pets?

Do you honestly think there's a type of "asexual weird"? If there was an asexual, say, The Great WTF, who isn't the least bit queasy about sex, sex talk, sex jokes, etc, and you had a sexual who is rather modest or shy, how could you tell them apart? How could "weirdness" possibly show you anything but whether or not someone likes sex, or is social, etc? And how could that possibly help you, since lots of sexuals are shy, inhibited, or not particularly sexual, and some asexuals aren't at all shy, inhibited, and are highly sexual? Please, tell me what specific type of weirdness an asexual has that a sexual cannot have by virtue of their sexuality.

No, just no. Where do you get that from my post? Categories? Asexual and sexual cat ownership? Eh, no matter how many times I'm going to explain more than likely it is just going to be misinterpreted. Maybe I'm just really bad at explaining my point. Take what you want from it. <_<

It isn't about a person traits, its about how those traits imply to that person. Personailty, to me, isn't liking cats or loving anime, its the deeper meaning behind those things.

I mean, if you think someone is asexual, the easiest way to find out is ask. But if your like me who perfer a challenge, observe, learn, make sure your at least 80% sure that that person is asexual, then ask after awhile to see if its correct. 8)

No no no. There's no "deeper meaning" behind why I like cats, nor is there a deeper meaning behind my dislike (or boredom with) anime. If I don't know the deeper meaning, you aren't going to know the deeper meaning. And I or anyone else would be pretty pissed if you tried to explain that deeper meaning to us. You may like a challenge, but eventually you'll learn that people don't like to be used as an experiment to indulge your like of challenge.