Looking for translators for World Pride slogans

bristrek

As some of you will be aware, World Pride 2012 is coming up, and it's happening in London this time around. There's going to be an asexual presence behind an AVEN banner with people coming from a a few diff countries.

What we want to do is get two slogans and translate them, there's a poll on which languages HERE and a discussion of what those slogans should be HERE, which you're all welcome to contribute towards even if you can't go. This means, though, that we need translators because none of that will work if we don't have any. You can see some trends in which are the most popular idea so far as what to translate into already but things may change and, again, if we can't find translators for one we'd go down the list till we found one we did have a translator for.

So if any of you would be willing to translate a few phrases which may or may not have the word asexual in them could you let us know on this thread or the poll thread? Also handy to know is if there's a word for 'asexual' in that language that's commonly accepted amongst its speakers in the ace community, if there's a word for 'asexy' or equivalent. I don't expect there to be but good to know either way.

Thanks for your help!

ETA: In particular we could really use a Punjabi speaker.

Notte stellata
Also handy to know is if there's a word for 'asexual' in that language that's commonly accepted amongst its speakers in the ace community, if there's a word for 'asexy' or equivalent.

I replied in the poll thread, but to answer this one: There's a word for 'asexual' in Chinese, but I don't think there's one for 'asexy'.

Thank you!

I didn't think there'd be one for asexy in any language but English given it is basically a play on the English language but I wondered if there'd be some.... equivalent that if not literally the same had a similar idea behind it.

Thanks for the Italian volunteer Dr. Horrible, and I do love that icon I have to say.

Thanks for pinning this topic, I hope that helps because I'm seriously hoping that Chinese wont be the only language from outside the EU and European in general area.

• 1 month later...

Archived