ZigZag TV

Izzy-belleUK

Izzy-belleUK

Hello

I think the whole 'does / doesn't virginity matter' question might depend on your age - i.e. I think it is something that is discussed and far more open to public scrutiny for todays teenagers than was the case 20 yrs ago. I remember there being some talk about it at school but not to the same level that my neices / nephews do. Then there is the social media revolution with the majority seeming to have instant access to everyone elses news about who is claiming to have done what and with whom via facebook, twitter, etc.

Like anything there may be good and bad aspects to the above. I am sometimes a bit in awe of the younger generation for how 'savvy' they seem to be in many areas of exploring who they are and how they present this to the world - I don't think I or my peers had anthing like that sort of attitude to life when we were their age - but on the downside it maybe adds to the peer pressures that teenagers / adolescents have always faced as they grow up and figure out who they are and where they fit in? There are often reports in the media about social networking sites being used for bullying behaviour of various kinds and identifying and ridiculing the virgin person may be just one aspect. If the statistics are correct more people are having sex at a younger age and the trend looks likely to continue - so those who don't conform to this new 'norm' and get found out or suspected might have an increasingly difficult time.

Interestingly - the way I found out that there was a group of people who identified as 'asexual' and therefore came to this website was from listening to a radio show about sexuality with a bunch of college students as the studio audience. There was a huge deal of tolerance for all types of sexuality, though there did seem to be some thought that 'asexuality' was perhaps the most unusual

Sorry for going on too long there - am finding the website fascinating!

Would any of you be willing to talk to me for a TV programme?

I'm researching a programme currently still in development in the UK by Zig Zag Productions, an independent television production company. Though I realise this is primarily a site for asexuals, I see that some of the posters here could be who I am looking for; shy and awkward around the opposite sex, still a virgin, and lacking confidence to take that next crucial step.

If this sounds like you, and you’ve always wanted to overcome your sexual fears but just don’t know how to, I'd like to hear from you.

A team of experienced and trained professionals could help you overcome your sexual anxieties.

If interested in knowing more about this programme, you can contact me through this site in confidence.

And just why are you looking for people? Why would a TV program have a "team of experienced and trained professionals" to help people overcome their sexual anxieties?

oneofthesun

Would any of you be willing to talk to me for a TV programme?

I'm researching a programme currently still in development in the UK by Zig Zag Productions, an independent television production company. Though I realise this is primarily a site for asexuals, I see that some of the posters here could be who I am looking for; shy and awkward around the opposite sex, still a virgin, and lacking confidence to take that next crucial step.

If this sounds like you, and you’ve always wanted to overcome your sexual fears but just don’t know how to, I'd like to hear from you.

A team of experienced and trained professionals could help you overcome your sexual anxieties.

If interested in knowing more about this programme, you can contact me through this site in confidence.

Try googling "incel" which stand for "involuntary celibacy." I think that's more what you're looking for. No offense but personally you couldn't pay me enough to be on your show.

Thanks all - Yes, those who would call themselves 'incel' is more what we are looking for but I was interested to read the posts here and just thinking outside the box, wondered if my request would appeal to any AVEN posters.

Though in development, our programme aims to highlight the work of a group of therapists in the US and take one man and one woman to meet them and follow a course involving a clinical therapist and a surrogate partner and for us to follow the three-way therapy in a purely observational documentary format, objectively recording the process without judgement or interference. NB surrogate partner does not automatically mean sexual partner!

At this stage we’d be looking to have a chat with people over the phone and if you’re comfortable to discuss in more detail, then a face-to-face meeting in a location at your convenience. If the programme gets commissioned then we would take care of therapy and travel costs. All individuals’ involvement would be subject to approval by a psychologist first.

Thanks all - Yes, those who would call themselves 'incel' is more what we are looking for but I was interested to read the posts here and just thinking outside the box, wondered if my request would appeal to any AVEN posters.

Though in development, our programme aims to highlight the work of a group of therapists in the US and take one man and one woman to meet them and follow a course involving a clinical therapist and a surrogate partner and for us to follow the three-way therapy in a purely observational documentary format, objectively recording the process without judgement or interference. NB surrogate partner does not automatically mean sexual partner!

At this stage wed be looking to have a chat with people over the phone and if youre comfortable to discuss in more detail, then a face-to-face meeting in a location at your convenience. If the programme gets commissioned then we would take care of therapy and travel costs. All individuals involvement would be subject to approval by a psychologist first.

This kind of thing has to be formally accepted by AVEN's project team, and it's unlikely they'd do so. This isn't appropriate at all. We're not looking for psychologists and therapy.

Archived