Internationals coming for World Pride

RodneyLondon

Hi!

I'm an MA Visual Anthropology student based in London and I wanted to put out a post about a documentary project I'm working on as part of my final degree. I'm really interested in how (or if) one's cultural background and nationality has affected or impacted their asexuality (anywhere on the spectrum) identity and experience. It was something I was able to discuss with Michael after the "(a)sexual" screening in London on 14 April. The "(a)sexual" film deals exclusively with the USA, so I feel only a fraction of the community is represented. I thought with the WorldPride event would be a fantastic opportunity to hear from people from all over about their experiences and what it means to them.

If this sounds like something you may be interested in, I'd love to discuss it further with you. If you're based in the UK but have come from another country I would love to talk to you as well.

Either way I'm planning on being around during WorldPride, so looking forward to meeting lots of new people and the general excitement!

Cheers-

Rodney

• 3 weeks later...
A Devil From Heaven

Right now it looks like I won't be able to be there, but if I can go I will, and then I wouldn't mind participating in this. That is, if you'd be interested in a swedish 20-year old aromantic ace.

Right now it looks like I won't be able to be there, but if I can go I will, and then I wouldn't mind participating in this. That is, if you'd be interested in a swedish 20-year old aromantic ace.

IT would be awesome to have you there! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Hi Rodney,

I'll be in London for WorldPride, I'm from Italy, I don't know if it can interest you.

I'd like to know more about this project: what would you like to know about the people you interview? how will you interview them and what will you use this documentary for? Do all people who participate have to show on this documentary? (I'm asking 'cause, for example, I never bothered coming out to my family but if they had to know, I'd rather temm them before they see it on a video >.< )

If you prefer you can send me more details via PM as well. Thank you!

Hmmmm. I'll be coming from Canada, and a have bit of Chinese background (parents immigrated from HK) ... I don't know how useful that is. XD

Sennkestra

I'm just a boring USA-ian, but if you need any more people I'd love to help out.

• 2 weeks later...
RodneyLondon

I would definitely be interested in hearing your point of view! Regardless, I hope you're able to come and if so let me know. I'll be at the events anyway. Cheers!

RodneyLondon

Hmmmm. I'll be coming from Canada, and a have bit of Chinese background (parents immigrated from HK) ... I don't know how useful that is. XD

Definitely!

Here's a bit more about my project, I would love to have you involved in any way. If you still have questions about it of course don't hesitate to contact me!

I'm an MA Visual Anthropology student at Goldsmiths in London and as part of my final thesis I'll be doing a short film on the international aspect of Asexuality and thus WorldPride seems like the perfect event to capture this rather large issue. I hope the film has a life outside of just my university, as in film festivals etc.

The questions would be centered around your experience with asexuality specifically in your country/community/culture. I'm interested in how the identity, reception and perception of asexuality varies or is similar in various countries. It sounds a bit vague and grand at the moment but its also something that I feel like hasn't been explored before.

My hope is to get a sit down interview with a small but diverse group of attendees as well as footage from the event and the unique meets up that will occur at World Pride. I know everyone will be insane with Pride but I don't anticipate the interview taking too long.

thanks!

Rodney

• 4 weeks later...

Please everyone interested in meeting tomorrow check this thread, thank you!!!

• 10 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator