(weird question) girls-How do you feel about your breasts, do you view them in a "sexual" way?

ThingsWentBoom

Well, I can appreciate them on an aesthetical level because of the hour-glass shape they create, but that's basically it. I often think mine are just annoying. I mean, men can just sleep on their torso, but it hurts for me <_<

Also, a little while ago I was reading a ''how-to-draw-people'' tutorial, and it said something like...''also, to kill of any sexual appeal breasts might have, just think of them as water balloons'' and I was like: I don't understand, I mean how can you be sexually attracted to something you're drawing? Then I realized I actually thought of them as waterballoons anyway :lol:

I have sort of been 'trained,' I guess, to view breasts in general as somewhat sexualized, as they often are depicted as solely sexual parts. They CAN be sexual, but they aren't solely sexual, of course.

I don't view my own breasts as sexual. I just view them as an extension off of my chest and nothing more, really. They're no more important to me than any other body part and are less important than most body parts. I don't ever want to have children, so I don't think that they will ever serve a purpose.

I never thought of breasts to be sexual, and my partner was delighted!

I don't get aroused by having them touched, unless they are being touched SPECIFICALLY to be sexual.

My partner is in love with boobies, something that they still doesn't understand about themself, but is glad to know that I don't think of them as sexual and can touch them whenever.

I think boobs are just there for comfort, really. They originally feed infants, but everyone loves a hug and everyone loves to rest their head on a nice set of pillows. I never mind. I just don't like people thinking of them in a sexual way.

plastic man

I kind of like my breasts. I don't like the idea of anyone touching them (but I don't like anyone, including myself, touching any part of me), but I appreciate the way they look. I think they're pretty, but I don't see them as sexual things.

But they're a lot of freaking work. D:<

heartstring-s

I see that they're sexualised in media/society so therefore they make me feel uncomfortable and sometimes I wish I didn't have them .-.

Kincaidence

I have a love-hate relationship with my boobs.

I dont think about them for the longest time and then people will call me out on them - I get told I am pretty and hot and have people do that zoned-out-stare at them.

I kind of wish people were attracted to ME rather than to my meat-vehicle, but whatever.

I dont want to get rid of them, but I miss sleeping on my stomach the way a kid would.

It is nice not paying full price for coffee though.

My main problem is when I wear a shirt that I like and some girl comes up to me and calls me a slut or atttention seeker. I am always torn between being offended and laughing out loud because she is barking up the wrong (and apparantly obliviously sexy) tree.

My boobs are sexual to others but not to me, I almost see them more as decorative features.

I have a huge problem with my breasts...They are small, but I feel so uncomfortable if I or someone accidentally touches my nipple, even if I am alone and my shirt moves off to leave my nipple uncovered, or if the shirt is too low. I just don't get why, because when I'm in a proper relationship with someone, it's actually a positive arousing feature...but in any other circumstance it's like a curse I wish I never had.

Like others have said, I do view my breasts in a sexual way in that that's how society has shaped them to be. I do like them to be touched, by myself included.

My breasts are fairly small, so I don't see them as a burden, and overall, I appreciate breasts in an aesthetic sense. I like the shape of the female figure, and I find curves to be very beautiful. I don't see what's so great about the naked breast itself though; in that way, I don't see any aesthetic value.

I agree with you so much! I hate that I'm not allowed to take my shirt of on a hot summer day! I only find my boobies sexual if I'm doing something sexual 8with a partner) which I usually don't do.

hollowed out feeling

I would rather not have any. They're just annoying and they always hurt. Meh <_<

Maiandra HW

I like the way they look on my body, but I wouldn't mind being more flat-chested, either. Also, they can get annoying when exercising.

I honestly never really associated them with sex. Your mom's feeling of embarrassment because they're "sexual" just blew my mind a little. I mean, I knew that they're supposed to be "sexy," but obviously as an asexual I've never found anything particularly sexy. I guess I associate breasts on women with being "desirable" and "attractive," but not "sexually appealing." And I'd love to be able to go swimming topless without social repercussions.

FallingSun

Breasts are... there, I guess. *looks down* Yeah, they're still there. Mine are small, so I tend to forget about them, and that's perfectly fine. Less unwanted attention. Bra shopping is irritating, but so is pants shopping, and shoe shopping. /shrug. I'm actually very turned off by naked breasts. For some reason, I think they look weird and unnatural.

I don't get the butt thing either.

Ace_LaChelle

Breasts are... there, I guess. *looks down* Yeah, they're still there. Mine are small, so I tend to forget about them, and that's perfectly fine. Less unwanted attention. Bra shopping is irritating, but so is pants shopping, and shoe shopping. /shrug. I'm actually very turned off by naked breasts. For some reason, I think they look weird and unnatural.

I don't get the butt thing either.

Agh! Same. I've never understood guys' obsession with butts/boobs. And I'm completely turned off by naked breasts as well. I don't think I would mind it at all in a non-sexual context, but I'm from America, so unfortunately there's no such thing as non-sexual nudity here. *shakes head in disgust* :angry:

I would rather not have any. They're just annoying and they always hurt. Meh <_<

The pain you mentioned is actually worrying, it can be something dangerous for your health, or you simply have a bra that's too small (if it's not the second,I'd suggest that you see a doctor about it). Keep in mind that too small bra may cause breast cancer.

As a self-criticism I can honestly say I hate my boobs. I'm a 38DD, and extremely short to boot, so I've always found them awkward. But I have low self-esteem anyway, so w/e.

For the rest of the world, I can understand why (clothed) breasts are aesthetically attractive to some, and I suppose I would like mine more if they were proportionate to the rest of my body. :I

Also, one more problem: big boobs are bad for cosplaying younger characters.

Some people use binders, as far as I know they are healthy and optically minimalize the size. It's frequently used when cosplaying younger or male characters as well.

I always knew breasts were viewed sexually, but never understood why. I don't see mine sexually and especially others. To me they are just meaty lumps (Nice lol) and I didnt see what exactly what was so great about them. But you cannot imagine my surprise when I found out that butts were supposed to be sexual and people thought butts were 'hot'. I am still perplexed by this. :huh: Because they are viewed sexually though, I have grown to dislike mine. I dress VERY modestly because I hate the idea of people looking at me in a sexual way I don't like being sexy, it makes me extremely uncomfortable. I sort of don't want my breasts anymore because of this and I try to reduce mine. I don't care for them anyways and I don't have any use for them, so it would make sense to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Unbelievedable

Like bags of fat (mine are comically large). I just call them the fat bags or front airbag system. I don't see anything sexual about them.

Luckily mine are really small but when I go out I wear 2 bras to make them look smaller and sometimes a headband ^-^" I'll probably buy a bind when I'm older, but this works for me cuz I have a few guy friends and some of them when I first met them I could pretty much feel their eyes on my breasts -_- he wasn't trying to hide it either just stood there and stared. >.< My friends r pervs but their nice people despite that. I'm fine with them when I'm alone at home though, I can be shirtless but if someone knocks on the door I scramble really fast thinking "Clothes! Clothes! Clothes!"

I don't think I;m a transvestite but Maybe I prefer to be androgynous/genderless. I never understood how they were considered sexual either, I think in some countries they're not but I'm not sure.

I looked at my breasts the same way I looked at my elbow. It took a boyfriend to actually see/feel them as a sexual thing. Even in the beginning I was like,"Whats the big deal?" But the more emphasis he put on them the more I saw them as sexual and could feel a sexual association with them.

When I was in Hawaii, around a bunch of Brazilians the emphasis was on the butt and not so much the breasts. I even met a man from Greece that found my arm hair tantilizing. I never would have made that connection. Sometimes feeling sexiness is in how other people make you feel about your body in way you never have before.

I hate my breast. I want really small one since I doubt I will kid or anything. That way I won't be harass for them since they are sexuralize in society. I think they are pain and just make life hell.

Kinsey Coated Fury

Yeah, it annoys me how culture fetishizes them... But I don't have a problem with them, seeing that mine are pretty small and don't usually get in the way of things or draw much attention. I don't view them sexually, no.

I've always thought of breasts as something society thinks as sexual, but I personally generally don't notice them (on myself or on others), and I certainly don't think of them as sexual. I might notice them more often if mine were, well, noticeable. (They are very, very small.)

dark messenger

No. I don't even understand (as many others here, it seems) why they are seen as sexual. Breasts are for feeding potential children, for God's sake!

No. I don't even understand (as many others here, it seems) why they are seen as sexual. Breasts are for feeding potential children, for God's sake!

Now, you could try to look up anthropological reasons on why would men would find breasts attractive.

AeternaAce

I've never really noticed breast in general until I looked at this thread, anyway, I view mine as just another body part, but I guess because they are fairly small, and ppl around me don't seem to care and I do like to wear anything I look asthetically cute in though, like for instance short shorts and a low v neck top, because I feel comfortable, and every other girl my age seems to wear clothes like that also I don't see guys looking at me so I feel good about it! :) hopefully that helped, and hopefully this thread didn't change the way I view things, lol.

Amoebas like cake too

I like the way mine look, like when I wear a nice dress or whatever, but to me they're just another body part.

Having people touch them accidentally (never happened on purpose), wasn't any different than having people touch my arm or shoulder or whatever.

It really annoys me when people try to sexualize my breasts! I mean sure if you see your breasts as sexual then that's fine, go ahead and do what you will, it doesn't bother me, but I find it really rude when people try to sexualize parts of MY body. Yes, I have larger than average breasts. No, you may not make vulgar comments about them. Phew. /rant over.

Anyways, I just see them as another part of my body, and I like them cause they're squishy, hehe.

I kinda like my boobs. They feel nice and look nice on a womens body, it makes the whole picture complete. But I don't have any sexual feelings towards them. I just find the overal human body interesting, but view it in a aesthetic way. (most of the time anyways)

Tara Tennyo

I very much enjoy my breasts in a completely asthetic way that is. I like their shape and how they make me look I enjoy the way they feel (though I am a minority of women who feel very uncomfortable without a bra on and tend to sleep in them as well) but in general yea my breast tend to be my favorite part of my body and something I'm not very shy about.

TheKindredSoul

I do not see my breasts as being "sexual", and I have barely anything there so I often forget that I even have them.

I cannot view any part of my body as "sexual" for some odd reason, even my female area, despite the fact that I know what it is used for (and I am NOT going to use it)!

I just see breasts as biology, but I do see beauty in the natural body (in an artistic and non-sexual way).

However, if I could naturally change my body to look agendered, I would, not because of shame, but because I would feel more freedom.