(weird question) girls-How do you feel about your breasts, do you view them in a "sexual" way?

The reason I ask this question is because I am Asexual, and to me my breasts are just another part of me like my arms, hands, feet... If I weren't afraid of being harassed I would like to see a sort of equality where women could go shirtless on the beach just like men.

I am quite bewildered by the sexual nature people have attached to breasts, as their main purpose is to feed an infant..

I spoke to my mom about this; she is a sexual person and always is shy about her breasts, describing them as having a sexual aspect; so I'm wondering if the way I feel is more common around aces, or I'm just weird.

Guest member25959

I just see them as another body part, I've never really seen them in a sexual way at all. I don't really get why they're seen as sexual but there is an explanation behind it, supposedly. I can't find the citation but long story short, it's basically just natural.

I don't view them as anything but a "private" part of my body. I quite like the way they add curves to my figure, but they're purely aesthetic to me.

significantlysilent

due to culture and society, and how they portray breasts to be, i view them as being something sexual to the world. for me, i am disturbed by them and wish that they were more unnoticeable. i am not sure if i dislike them because of the fact that they are uncomfortable (phsycially) for me to deal with or the fact that they are viewed as a sexual thing to the world. maybe both actually. with/on other people, i don't view breasts as being sexaul in general though. the view of them being sexual is my opinion through the world's hype on it. so, i don't know if it has something to do with being asexual or not. sorry as that probably didn't help much there. lol.

1helluvabutlr

I too wonder why guys can go shirtless and girls cannot I do not understand that, after all guys that gain weight also gain breast size. I was watching a TV commercial and the guy was running his breasts seem bigger than mine i think and yet he was shirtless I thought "so unfair." I mean I am a pretty shy person with my body because it is mine to care for but if I am hot and I cannot take it any more I really wish I could just go around shirtless. I usually do not notice them unless I am laying in bed then I notice it, oh they are there.

I like the way they make me look more feminine, but I'm not completely comfortable with that meaning I look sexy to someone else.

I can and do appreciate the female form, and a certain amount of curves is something I find aesthetically appealing. I'd like to look aesthetically appealing myself, so I'm cool with my breasts in that sense, as I don't look at myself in a sexual way. They can make me feel good about my appearance, so I like them.

However, I don't wear very low-cut tops because having breasts and showing them off are two different things for me. I don't want to do the latter because then it becomes less about pure aesthetics and more about looking sexually attractive. I don't really want to look "sexy", I'd rather look "cute".

Also... boobs are squishy!! :lol:

Why are breasts considered sexual on a man and not on a woman? Never got that.

No, I guess I don't see breasts as sexual. But I do like them- they jiggle and it makes me laugh! It's like jello! Yes, I am strange.

I really don't see a man's abs as sexual, either, yet many women would disagree with me. They may not have to be covered, yet they are usually equated with sex.

And, interesting fact- a woman can technically get away without wearing a shirt. Indecent exposure is actually only when a woman's nipple is exposed- if you could manage to keep that covered and expose the rest of your breasts, it's perfectly legal. But I can't speak for the consequences of a woman doing that- I definitely wouldn't try it. And even that doesn't explain why a man can show his nipples without it being 'indecent.'

1helluvabutlr

And, interesting fact- a woman can technically get away without wearing a shirt. Indecent exposure is actually only when a woman's nipple is exposed- if you could manage to keep that covered and expose the rest of your breasts, it's perfectly legal. But I can't speak for the consequences of a woman doing that- I definitely wouldn't try it. And even that doesn't explain why a man can show his nipples without it being 'indecent.'

I probably would not try it because people will get the wrong idea and think " oh she is over sexual or easy." I guess it would put me in an odd situation having to explain why I am half naked and I am asexual they do not seem to click in people's head.

Btw about the breasts being jelly like I always felt odd about that.

I don't understand the boob infatuation either. But I've heard from guys that giving pleasure to women is a turn-on and since boobs are a way to stimulate a woman, I think the boob-feeling stuff is a way for both sides to win.

But

is another opinion on boobs.
The Great WTF

My breasts are just another part of my body. I've never seen much sexual appeal to them, but I know a lot of sexual people that don't see it, either. I think that they're only sexual because there is a societal ideal in place that says they are sexual and thus should be hidden. Other cultures saw wrists, ankles, or even the back of the neck as sexually appealing and thus encouraged women to hide them. It's the same principal with breasts. Many cultures had no problem with breasts being exposed in the past. Some still hold such beliefs. In Japan, for example, it was perfectly acceptable for women to work in the fields shirtless just as men did until European influence began to affect them.

For the record, my boyfriend is sexual and he LOVES breasts, not because they are sexually appealing, but because they make great pillows. I agree wholeheartedly.

awkwardace93

Hmmm. I don't feel anything really about my own, but I don't want to see anybody else's. ;) I couldn't walk around exposed in public though. The amount of attention I'd most likely draw to myself would make me highly uncomfortable.

I have a slight obsessions with my breast, well my torso in general. I don't like the shape I have, not because of the sexual connotations applied by society, but because it's just not how I see me.

I don't like how (relatively) small my breasts are. I know they are a C cup, which most find large enough, but I feel like they get swallowed by anything I wear (proper sizes, and I'm a 32/34 in the band). But when I wear a greatly padded bra (I usually get a D when going really padded bra) I feel right. So I think I should have at least DD's. then we go onto my tummy, well two things, it's not flat enough, and it's not yet modified by a corset (I've an obsession about those as well). then I go to my butt, and see that it's not good either.

most of this stuff could be fixed, at least a bit, if I could/would exercise more... but I'm lazy, and don't feel comfortable walking where I live (and we have winter 6-9 months of the year, and get plenty of -30c), and don't have a license.

Querdenkerin

They are just another part of my body. But being attracted to women and all, I like them at others (in an aesthetic way)

I see them as just a part of my body, nothing more.

Exactly. Just useless, pierced lumps of flesh. I'm trying to save up for a double-mastectomy surgery... as soon as I find a doctor that will do one on me. Oh, and that isn't in Venezuela or Thailand or something shady like that.

Honestly, they make me feel uncomfortable because society has such a high sexual-value on them... and I don't want people noticing me that way. I wish I didn't have them at all... they just make me feel awkward 90% of the time.

They're just another part of me, and one I'm not all that fond of. My boyfriend is mad about them though.

Furthermore, my daughter is going through a stage of breast obsession. I guess I can kind of see the appeal for her - they might not provide food anymore, but they're squidgy and bounce well. :rolleyes:

I see my breasts as sexual and private - as much private as genitals.

What's with all the boob threads lately? lol :P

Well, I suppose I find mine sexual sometimes... but in general, I don't really think so. Having them touched by my partner definitely feels sexual though. But that's kinda obvious.

I don't see breasts as that private though. I mean, I wouldn't be the first one to take off my top - I'm too shy for that, I'm afraid - but if I was at, for example, a beach where a good portion of the women were top less, I would feel totally comfortable doing the same.

Indifferent. I used to flatten them by wearing tops that were too small for me, but I really can't be bothered anymore. They're just 'there'. I think they look out of place on my body though - almost as though they shouldn't be there.

As bits of myself go, I quite like mine xD But I would never put them on display like some people do, I'd just feel embarrassed if somebody were to make a comment about them.

Lady Heartilly

Well, it does feel really good to have mine touched and played with, especially when a guy is hugging me from behind. In that respect, I like them because they make me feel good. On the other hand, I don't like showing them because it seems like as soon as a heterosexual man sees boobs, he thinks "I want to have sex with that person so bad right now . . ." and I find that scary because I don't want to have sex or be sought after for it. So, I guess I support keeping them covered, but I like the feeling of being touched there. I don't really get why men can show their nipples and women can't in general, though. I know in some parts of the world, it's allowed. I guess it just depends where you live.

I'm kind of on the fence about this. On one hand, body parts are body parts. I don't see anything sexual about a woman breast-feeding or walking around topless. A couple of guys in college have grabbed my breasts (while I had a bra on), and I let them because I'm like "Okay whatever. I don't get the big deal. You've felt other people's boobs before."

On the other hand, I do recognize a sexual aspect to breasts, as I get turned on by nipple stimulation and sometimes topless women in erotic photography. My sensitivity to touch makes me self-conscious about going bra-less or topless.

For the most part they are just another addition to me. Sometimes they are something that is just in the way, and other times they are a nice aesthetic addition.

I consider them more of a comfort or sensual thing, and would have little to no problem being shirtless around a partner, but I don't personally view them as sexual.

Although I'd be hesitant to go shirtless anywhere public unless others were because I know many people perceive them as sexual.

theinevitablesmiley

I personally don't like my own. They're just annoying. People tell me how lucky I am to have "Big Boobs" (although personally I never saw them as that big) and it really ticks me off when they say that. I don't want them and I hate it when people notice it. I wouldn't mind trading mine in for smaller ones if it means that people would stop looking at me sexually. In short: no, I don't find them sexual, and I don't really understand why other people do. If anything, I find that they have a certain aesthetic quality on certain women, but that's about it.

Great Thief Yatagarasu

You know what? I really think it depends on the context.

Most of the time, they're just there. They're just another part of my body, and they contribute towards what I look like. I like them sure enough, because they make my clothes call in just the right way and they give my figure just the right curve to make me look just how I've always wanted to look. They contribute to what I think is a pretty package, but they're not necessarily more sexual than my hands, or my face.

...On the other hand, when I DO feel like my breasts are sexual things, it's normally because at that moment in time, I'm viewing my entire body as a sexual body-part. Sex and sexuality aren't just about the "sexy" bits - it's about hands, stomachs, waists, faces, legs, arms, shoulders, backs, buttocks, EVERYTHING. I'll put this next bit in a TMI box:

When I'm in a mood like this, I tend to view my breasts as being very sexual - but that's because, when my boyfriend and I kiss more heatedly than normal, he sometimes touches them and I'm always surprised at how much I like that. So I can't help but view them sexually when it's a part of how we physically express ourselves together. On the other hand, we often focus on our hands too - he often kisses my fingers, almost taking them into his mouth, we hold hands when we're out in public, and he often runs his hands over my back.

To sum up, ANY part of the body can be a sexual body part when it's used as a part of a sexual activity.

I don't view mine as anything else than "another part of my body" :) other people around me don't seem to be any more interested in them than I am myself :D sometimes when I'm home alone I like to walk around topless :P mine are too small anyway but I usually wear sport bras just so the nipples are not so noticeable through my shirt :D

Nope, they're just there. I actually want a reduction because they serve no purpose. It's not like I want kids! Haha.

soulmatevn

It's a part of my body. I don't like it big and I don't like bras. I feel very annoyed when others view them in sexual way. And I am afraid of breast cancer.

In a way I do view my breasts as sexual, because I know that's exactly how everyone around me perceives them. Mostly though they're just these big lumps on my chest that are always in the way and keep reminding me of my femininity. It makes me uncomfortable to know I have them and I'm planning to have a breast reduction if not a full top surgery at some point.