We seem to be mentioned in a textbook.

Eta Carinae

bard of aven

"here" in the top post is a link. Click it.

boa

VivreEstEsperer

That's sooooooooo freaking awesome!!

We exist, we exist! lol.

thanks for the link inkburrow.

That's so cool. Wish that book had been used in MY Soc class!!! My intro to soc class was before I even found this site, so that would have been amazing, lol - sort of a pre-introduction to asexuality. lol I can't imagine what it would have been like first semester if I had seen that in my textbook. I imagine me, flipping to the section of the textbook where it talks about being gay, to read what it says about that, and seeing that it actually says it's possible to not be attracted to that - ha, that'd be such an epiphany. Well, it still WAS an epiphany as it was, but I had to rely on my mind and memory to come up with it and seeing it in a book would have been so much more fun. I would have stoppeed "being gay" right then and there (as I thought I was gay till I found this term). Hmm...more textbooks should have asexuality in it... fills me with warm fuzzy feelings thinking about it...lol.

It woulda been cool to see what reaction Id have had seeing it in there without previously knowing about it though.

*decides to stop imagining such a situation in her overly melodramatic ways and go do something semi-productive, like make dinner or listen to overplayed songs on the radio (hey wait! that's not productive!)*

Kate

Edit: my 600th post! woah, cool.

Edit: my 600th post! woah, cool.

:shock: Looks like I need to get my rear in gear if I don't want you to catch up to me!

Hehe I had a big "OMG" look on my face too when I saw "asexuality" in that text book :D

hmmm....i never really mentioned this, but i had that textbook(yes, i'm taking art classes but you don't just take art), --it was the exact same one, only the canadian version or something, i remeber now that i canlook back reading that for the first time in september or october, and the weird thing was it wasn't just like an epiphany, as it took me until february until i typed in asexual ina search engine and came here, and started to identify with asexuality, i think it caught my attention a little bit, but i just sort of glazed over it, i think itwas more like a seed planted than an epiphany

VivreEstEsperer

Wow, both of you saw it in the book!

When did you use that book Gorax?

Yeah, I see what you mean about it being more of a seed planted - the first time I heard the word asexuality it took me about nine more months before the epiphany would come - although I think if the seed had been planted first and then I had seen the textbook, that would have been the best scenario :)

Kate

Moose-Alini

I looked in the sociology and psychiatry books my school was using but asexual or asexuality was never mentoned =(

VivreEstEsperer

Then why did you say (scroll up)

Hehe I had a big "OMG" look on my face too when I saw "asexuality" in that text book

lol

Kate

say ....I was going through some old notes from class, as i was going to recycle most of them, and i came across the review for the sexuality unit exam and i see this....SOCL 1100-unit seven:SExuality review

(i won't write all the questions cause that gets boring)

34.Name a characteristic of sexuality among adults

35.Name a charcteristic of extramarital sex

36.Describe sexual orientation

37.Describe heterosexuality.

38.Describe homosexuality.

39.Describe bisexuality.

40.Describe asexuality.

41.In Canada what controversies are related to sexuality?

42.What does structural functional analysis deal with regarding sexuality?

etc, etc

The point being asexuality was on my exam, and i didn't even remeber that until know, we're getting enough visibility to be on exams

VivreEstEsperer

WOW!!! That's so cool. Asexuality was on your exam, the "fourth" sexual orientation per se, wow that rocks my world... :)

cool

see saving stuff rules

until you run out of room of course

goodnight

Kate

I'm completely out of room. Take my room for example: you couldn't see the floor because there was too much "saved up things" hehe. Now as I keep saving things up, I can barely see the walls anymore :D

I wasn't allowed to keep my high school textbooks though.

Further, sexual orientation is probably not established exactly the same way for every person.

well, duh......... :roll:

Why does that remind me of a study some college performed once? :?

After spending years of research and millions of dollars, they discovered that... eating a low-fat diet and exercising regularly ACTUALLY MAKES YOU LOSE WEIGHT.

Du-uh! :roll: lol I'm gonna have to ask my sister where that article went...

*jumps a mile into the air at the sound of the thunderclap that just sounded* :shock:

sorry... damned rain...

anyway, i remember that study... i read the headline, & said aloud, "well, no shit..."

Archived