My reason for being asexual

abc55555

I had been wondering why I hadn't any attraction the way it seemed everyone else in the world did which is why I started looking for an outside source. I happened upon this site and it was reassuring knowing I wasn't the only one with this type of view. Seeing all the advertisements on television, on the radio, in magazines, and basicly everywhere I turn with sex, sex, and sex gets so old. I just don't understand what the appeal to it is. Not to bring down other people who do, but it's like everyone is becoming zombies and robots to their own instinct of desire. I think it's my lack of interest towards sex that when reflected upon others seems so ridiculous. I really don't want to come across as a hollow shell of society because that's not it. I have plenty of friends and people of whom I love but when it comes to sex and relationships, well, it's not the basis my life. What I really think is that I feel narrowed down when in a relationship and all too random when sexually active. Both together are absolute chaos. Anyone relate?

Heh, I can relate somewhat. Except I am a hard person to love, because I expect to be hurt and disappointed when I get involved with someone, and in that case I am never let down. I keep my walls up, and the times I have let my guard down I've been hurt badly. People are so damn frustrating that I wonder why I waste my time sometimes.

Yeah, I hate how sex is always pushed onto everybody to the point where if you don't embrace it, the sheeple think it's fine and dandy to force it upon you.

Anyway, I'm done spewing garbage everywhere. Welcome to the board.

Take care,

Jenn

:twisted:

Lots of people here will relate, sure. In my opinion there’s a difference in considering some people attractive, and having the drive to undergo all the “mating dance” procedures that sexual people do just to have sex – to me it’s a big game, and I have more interesting things to do than play it.

And even when sex did came to me (like, people offered me sex – I lived in an very liberal society), I refused, most of times. The few instances I had sex was with people I was real intimate in mind terms, so I could feel OK sharing the body (even then I did it to please the partner, not me).

I do not know if it relates, anyway, welcome to AVEN :)

I can relate. I always wondered why everyone else went on about how attractive people were. I can recognise what is attractive I just don't get attracted in a sexual way to other people.

It a shame there is so much sex in the world as if it's the be all and end all.

Anyway welcome and have some :cake:

Archived