Homoromantic asexuality..

virginqueen

virginqueen

I have posted regarding this before, but now I've some more specific questions. I would be grateful if someone could comment based on his or her personal experience.

So is it possible to be homoromantic and yet have certain fetishes? For instance, I have a sort of mild fetish for certain kinds of formal clothing worn by men. Does having a fetish make me sexual?

Is there a strong boundary between being homoromantic and being a homosexual with very low sexual drive or impulse?

In my case, I feel that I tend to get emotionally involved with men, often in aesthetic and poetic terms. I yearn for a sensual aspect too.. So does it still qualify as homo-romance?

Please respond as these questions tend to bug me every now and then.

I have posted regarding this before, but now I've some more specific questions. I would be grateful if someone could comment based on his or her personal experience.

i'll see what i can do, but no promises that my responses have be perfect ^_^ (or make much sense :lol: )

So is it possible to be homoromantic and yet have certain fetishes? For instance, I have a sort of mild fetish for certain kinds of formal clothing worn by men. Does having a fetish make me sexual?

The definition of asexuality is just the lack of sexual attraction it doesn’t mention fetishes there are also several other asexual with a fetish on AVEN :)

Is there a strong boundary between being homoromantic and being a homosexual with very low sexual drive or impulse?

Not really though they’re not technically asexual (more grey-a) they could find the most support from asexuals and have many common experiences with aces

In my case, I feel that I tend to get emotionally involved with men, often in aesthetic and poetic terms. I yearn for a sensual aspect too.. So does it still qualify as homo-romance?

It’s up to you in the end to choose what you identify as, just remember a label is just a tool to help you work yourself out not for being pot in to boxes :) it doesn’t matter that much what you identify as it more matters about how happy you are. So i don’t think “qualify” is the right phrase, but sensual feelings aren’t indicative of romantic feelings but they can be linked. But in the end it’s up to you to decide what you identify as, hope you figure yourself out soon :cake:

Having fetishes doesn't necessarily make you sexual; you wouldn't believe the number and variety of fetishes I've seen discussed by asexuals here. :) It lasted a good few hours on chat one day.

I'd, personally, consider that romantic.

Well, I consider myself a homoromantic asexual with a bdsm/power fetish. It's all about the fetish and not the sex for me :ph34r:

That definitely sounds homoromantic to me. I sort of feel the same (except it's with girls :) )

Archived