Grey-A Confusion

teslacoils

If anyone can help me clear this up, I'll be very grateful. :) So, I'm going to start this one off by saying that I do masturbate, which means that I have a basic sex drive, I suppose. I can also see myself having sex. However, I'm pretty sure that it's the close-ness aspect that appeals to me, that you can be so exposed emotionally to the other person, not the actual sex. Also, when I first think of relationships, I think more of the cuddly, romantic aspects instead of sex. Sort of like, the idea of sex doesn't disgust me at all, I'd just prefer to hug or watch television or do something else. This sounding like anything? Thanks, whoever can help!

feministnerd

If anyone can help me clear this up, I'll be very grateful. :) So, I'm going to start this one off by saying that I do masturbate, which means that I have a basic sex drive, I suppose. I can also see myself having sex. However, I'm pretty sure that it's the close-ness aspect that appeals to me, that you can be so exposed emotionally to the other person, not the actual sex. Also, when I first think of relationships, I think more of the cuddly, romantic aspects instead of sex. Sort of like, the idea of sex doesn't disgust me at all, I'd just prefer to hug or watch television or do something else. This sounding like anything? Thanks, whoever can help!

That's pretty much me but my sex drive is lower. I do want someone to be close with, I love hugs.

So you identify as grey-a? Yeah, closeness is a big thing for me. :)

Kitty Spoon Train

Yep, I can totally relate to this...I'm more on the (hetero)demisexual side than gray-A though...

But yes, I have this notion of pure affectionate closeness which is much more important to me than anything overtly sexual. Though sometimes this line can blur into something sensual and erotic, depending on the person and how comfortable I am with her. What you said about watching television is really relatable to me for example. These days all I feel like I want is a cuddle buddy to snuggle up on the couch with. I can take or leave sex, and actually kinda prefer to leave it these days.

feministnerd

So you identify as grey-a? Yeah, closeness is a big thing for me. :)

Yeah, seems to fit for me.

Sketch Doge

But yes, I have this notion of pure affectionate closeness which is much more important to me than anything overtly sexual.

I identify as demi as well and I'm right there with Guzica in the sense that the closeness is so much more important than anything else. I also have a basic sex drive but do not feel it towards any individual and can only remember doing so once. I often think about cuddling with those I'm interested in, just not anything more than that honestly.

Archived