Confused... so very confused.

Cloudmint

Tmi warning... sorry!

Sooo.... I started identifying as Asexual months ago, but I'm starting to think that that might not be totally accurate. I mean I masturbate regularly, and sometimes fantasize about having sex. With that said, I think that in practice I might not be as interested. Also, I've been thinking about identifying as Aromantic because of my lack of want or need for a relationship. I'm a teenage girl, so my lack of interest in relationships kinda sets me apart. I haven't been in a relationship for over 4 years, and the only thing close since then I broke off from lack of interest. I sometimes find myself almost sexually attracted to people, but I get afraid when people show sexual interest in me. (or romantic for that matter) I used to think that I had relationship phobia, but I'm not sure that that's the case. Oh and another thing, I love romantic movies and well-developed romances in other media like games, tv shows, and movies. So.... what am I? Grey-A, Asexual, Aromantic? Comments are appreciated!

feministnerd

You sound pretty Aromantic Grey-A to me but remember you can only decide your romantic and sexual orientation.

There are aces who masturbate and that has nothing to do with with sexual attraction. I think there's some Grey-A's that do fantasise about sex.

I have a sexual interest, I think about having sex and curious about sex. However I have no urges to have sex with anyone, I don't mind staying a virgin forever.

This thread is pretty useful to define what sexual attraction is and also discusses sexual attraction vs sexual desire. It's pretty helpful and if that's not enough, go on AVENwiki.

Archived