Does it disgust you that people think dirty thoughts about you?

imasexyandiknowit

feministnerd

I doubt they would, mainly because I'm 13, and that would be creepy. But if I was older & stuff I guess I'd find it gross, possibly take it as a compliment though, although I'd much prefer it if they liked me for me instead of my body and what they could do with it. x_x

Your young age doesn't stop it. Ever heard of pedophiles?

I know, that's why I said it would be creepy. ._.

So so so creepy. I had men wolf whistle at me when i was 14. I felt grossed out by them

Kung Fu Witch

I'm not really disgusted, my reaction is puzzlement more than disgust. I don't really think about it, but when someone makes me know he/she thinks something sexual about me, my thoughts are almost always "Why would they think of me like that?". I know why, technically, but I still find it kind of weird :blink:

I doubt they would, mainly because I'm 13, and that would be creepy. But if I was older & stuff I guess I'd find it gross, possibly take it as a compliment though, although I'd much prefer it if they liked me for me instead of my body and what they could do with it. x_x

Sometimes people on the street or at a party will compliment me on my smile or my hair. I've never freaked out and thought "why can't they just like me for me?!"

cleuchtturm

Sometimes people on the street or at a party will compliment me on my smile or my hair. I've never freaked out and thought "why can't they just like me for me?!"

I don't think that's what she meant...

Initially, when I was more sex repulsed it did make me feel a little dirty, but now I'm fine, or indifferent about it. I can't stop them fantasising about me, and it doesn't really do any harm, as long as they don't feel the need to tell me, or expect me to either want to hear about it, or reciprocate at all.

For me, fantasies are fairly harmless, and a bit of fun in most cases, so I say have at it, if they really want to? I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody thinks dirty thoughts about me. I'm not pretty, mostly plain and boring looking. I'd rather hide in my room and read than interact with others, and normally wear jeans/sweats and baggy t-shirts. I think I would feel a bit flattered (and confused) if anyone thought sexually about me.

The King Wizard

The idea that someone might think sexual things about me isn't very off-putting, but if someone tells me about the fact that they do, or they use a word like 'sexy' to describe me, that is very uncomfortable.

It doesn't disgust me, because I'd never thought about it before... but it doesn't disgust me, because they can't help having sexual thoughts any more than I can help not having them, to a point anyway, I assume. If someone told me that they did I would probably be a bit surprised, but no one's told me that yet, so I doubt I have much to worry about! ^_^

LittleMissRaindrop

It doesn't really bother me but at the same time I'm not exactly what people call sexy or attractive(I'm skinny with almost no boobs and I'm often mistaken for a 16 years old although I'm in my early twenties.) As long as people don't tell me about their fantasies, I guess I can live with it.

I don't like it, but then again, the people who think dirty thoughts about me are operating under the assumption that I'm female through and through. Even the people who compliment me on my looks are. That does bother me a bit, even though the latter often have good intentions. They've got no way of knowing by looking at me that I'm not really a chick on the inside until they really get to know me well, so I don't hold it against them.

I wouldn't mind if someone had thoughts about me, just as long as they keep it to themselves:)

my mom: you dont like when people call you sexy

me: no because it feels like theyre trying to talk to my vagina not me

mom: youre a woman get over it

. . .i dont mind compliments but i really dont like being called sexy because it reminds me of the above conversation..now if im cosplaying ironically i want to be the sexiest dark skin cos player EVER D: now if you think im sexy i cant say anything as long as you keep it to yourself

Another lost one

It makes me feel sick inside that someone could think dirty thoughts about me. I never want anyone to think of me that way, *shudders.* I want someone to like me for who I am, not for what my body can do for them. Can you relate?

Hurgh agreed (on the not liking dirty thoughts about myself part). I mean if its my husband well that's one thing, but if its someone else that makes me all forms of uncomfortable. However its human nature and I'd only really but upset/ angry about it if they told me or shared their fantasies with other people.

But I'm pretty sure most people don't look at people for what their body can do, short of some real jerks. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I think most folks who spend any time around a person at all (or even if its just fleeting) look at people for who they are, at least from what they can tell.

TheSleepyKitty

I don't know about disgust but... puzzled? I don't try to look/act sexy, or want to be considered sexually attractive, so if people still have those thoughts about me... well as long as I don't know. >.>b Just keep it to themselves. But I don't think about it, since I don't see myself as anyone's fantasy, lol.

And I guess I'd rather be considered cute, friendly, fun, etc, anything but a dirty fantasy. ^^;

I wouldn't say that it disgusts me (at least not as much as it did when I was sex-repulsed), but I am extremely bothered. There have been enough incidents where I was trying to act professional and a guy only saw me as a good screw. :angry: I would much prefer to be viewed as a brain or a bunch of ideas than something that bring sexual pleasure.

If I didn't know better I'd just be surprised more than anything, because I don't view other people in a sexual light.

So long as they keep their thoughts to themselves I'm ok. If they act on their thoughts, ie. inform how they feel or think, I usually have no other choice than to shut them out of my mind. Whatever friendship that would have taken place can no longer happen, especially so if they're insistent. Politely ignoring people is a skill that comes with life experience, I suppose.

It doesn't bother me when people think dirty thoughts about me, it's not something I think about much. If a guy told me what he wanted to do to me sexually, I'd just shrug and respond, "Whatever. I'm asexual, so you're just wasting your own time and mine as well. Why don't you go perv on that skanky looking blonde with the triple D implants? I bet she'll jump on your dick in less than 30 seconds."

It doesn't really bother me anymore. It used to, but now I find it kind of flattering (if it's coming from someone I know/trust/love). But if friends/strangers think about me that way, meh... good for them. They're not getting any. I'm taken... and thankfully my partner is ace (or demi-ish).

Demi-ish? *pouts* I am not!

I find it more disturbing than disgusting. Maybe flattering depending on the person. It does make me uncomfortable when my boyfriend says he's had sexual dreams about me or fantasies. But I take it in my stride.

hollowed out feeling

It depends on the person. If I was dating someone, then I probably woundnt mind that much. But if it's say, creepy old men when I'm working or something, then it's disgusting. If its someone I don't know, I don't like that either. My friend is also constantly saying things like that to me, but he's gay so I know (and hope lol) he's kidding, but even then it still makes me uncomfortable. I really wish people wouldn't all together but you can't stop them so I try not to think about it.

It doesn't make me feel anything in particular, really, because I don't spend any time thinking about it. What would make me feel sick would be if they felt the need to let me know.

I am not the thought police so I don't have the right to tell people what they can think of as long as they don't tell me or force me to do something I do not want to I am fine.

I suppose that I find it flattering if they are strangers, it's not like I'm obliged to do the same with them. If it's someone I know and they are open about it (but know they aren't getting any!) that's fine by me too, it just makes for a running joke. But if it's from someone I know who doesn't know that I'm asexual, then it just makes me feel uncomfortable, like they are expecting something from me (and I guess they might be <_< ).

I generally hold nothing against people finding me sexually attractive - It used to bother me a lot more but I've come to realise it's kind of normal and if they keep it to themselves then that's fine and also sometimes a little flattering.

There are only two things that really piss me off/make me feel disgusted.

1) When they feel the need to tell me about it, and expect me to believe it's a compliment/that i owe them anything, OR

2) When they make sexual assumptions based on clothing/behaviour and allow this to affect interaction with me without even attempting to clarify my position.

I have a story about the latter but it's kind of long so I'll put it under a spoiler tag thing.

A couple of years ago I managed to get a short summer internship in an art/graphics firm overseas. Work dress was casual - people would come in wearing tshirts and jeans, etc. The weather was ridiculously hot so I dressed in shorts/skirts often and short sleeves.

After a while I started to notice people were throwing me weird looks, and towards the end of my work experience I received an invitation to model (the implication was nude) for some of the male artists there. I was shocked - because as far as I knew, nothing about me indicated that I was willing to do that kind of work (and who just asks an intern something like that so boldly?!) Later, a colleague explained that there were rumours flying around about whether I was 'up' for this kind of thing due to the way I dressed and presented myself - and then suggested I wear long trousers because I was "young and pretty".

I'm sure other women there dressed in a fairly similar way (the weather!), and I'm not exactly sure what it was about me that gave them that impression (wearing makeup??). Admittedly, there must have been a lot of cultural confusion at the time but wow, to this day it makes me incredibly uncomfortable that I could have been so amazingly misinterpreted by a group of people without knowing at all.

Personally? Nope. I'm sure they'll understand very well that they're gonna have to keep on dreaming. Given that, i might thank them. *shrugs* It's a compliment, maybe?

Thankfully I'm ugly as sin and more than likely these problems don't exist. ( ._.)

neverafraidtokeeponliving

I can't take it. It really repulses me.

It bothers me, but I never assume someone is sexual because they look at me sexually. Why should I assume someone is sexual because of their behavior? Looking and acting sexual does not necessarily gives you the right to judge them because of how they act nor you should use that as a way to determinate their behavior. Some asexuals does the same thing and probably one of them is one whether you believe or not.

I don't mind if people have sexual fantasies about me, but I do mind when they tell me so. I figure it's normal to have sexual fantasies, it's alright, and it's probably normal to have them about the people around you. However, I consider it to be a HUGE breach of etiquette, sexual or otherwise, for someone to actually tell me about any sexual fantasies involving me, especially someone I am not dating.

I come by this opinion largely because a guy DID tell me that he had been thinking about me sexually. He indicated that he had been having thoughts about taking my virginity, and you know what? That made me angry. The way he worded it seemed to imply that I would agree to his taking my virginity if he decided to do so. And besides that, it's just not appropriate to tell someone you aren't in a relationship with what you think about them at night. It's creepy. And it'd be creepy to sexual people too. Ugh...I've got the creeps just remembering it.