Heavy Bananarama

test account

It was far more simple in my house. If there were a choice of pudding/cake then my mum would take the worst pudding. Even if she wasn't too keen on what she was having she felt we kiddies deserved some of the good choices. However. If there were two choices that my Dad was interested in then we had to wait until he made his mind up. He had first dibs on everything and if we so much as dared to consider, hell, even go to pick up one of his so far unnamed choices, then woe betide us. As I was the youngest I tended to get left with, to use a family analogy, the "coffee cream" so I usually escaped any sort of doubt over my choice and any parental silence. It was far easier in my house like that. We were told. End of story :lol:. Sometimes at a family gathering one of us would do something that he had no idea about and that's when the silence would be unleashed.

Conclusion : this independent thought stuff we have developed is deeply disturbing for our elders...

(I'm both reassured that it's not just me, and sad that you've had similarly awkward things to negotiate :( ).

Have you managed to avoid inheriting it ? I have a nasty feeling I reproduce the pattern sometimes, and that needs to stop !

The best lesson my Dad (usually known to those in the know as T.A - The Artist formerly known as....) ever taught me was to never be like him.

He did this unknowingly.

He did this by simply being himself.

Not a nice lesson to have to learn. But I do pride myself in having none of his awful traits.

Archived