Anybody from Denmark or Sweden?

No1

Well, I'm not from Denmark but I am from the Faroe Islands (Færøerne) which is part of the kingdom of Denmark :)

Mr. Shuttershy

Well, I'm not from Denmark but I am from the Faroe Islands (Færøerne) which is part of the kingdom of Denmark :)

OMFG A FÆRØERNER GTFTUFTUGHVHIJIGUGSEGYJHKPJJOHURDRYFJOBKOHIFRYSEFT TALAR DU FÄROSKA? /firggin wanna learn Faroese.

Guh.

Men, hej och välkommen! Jeg taler ikke dansk men her en ven som er från danmark; vi skriver till varandra på svensk og dansk. Så xD min svenska är lika som danska. Har hört att min grammatik är lika som dansk grammatik.

OMFG A FÆRØERNER GTFTUFTUGHVHIJIGUGSEGYJHKPJJOHURDRYFJOBKOHIFRYSEFT TALAR DU FÄROSKA? /firggin wanna learn Faroese.

Guh.

lol, indeed I do. Faroese is my first language, in 3 grade I started learning Danish (so naturally Swedish and Norwegian are not difficult to understand either) and finally in 6th grade started learning English.

I would write something in either Faroese or Danish but I am currently typing on my Nook so I don't have the letters required :P

So who are from Denmark or Sweden, and want to write together?

I'm a Male from Denmark, 23 years old. And totally new into this!

Please send me a PM

I'm not sure if it's of interest to you, but we have a few Danish threads going (let me know if you need/want links). I've seen Norwegian and Swedish threads too.

But, uhm, are you looking for someone to chat with in private through messages or what exactly..?

Either way, I'm from Denmark as well.

(so naturally Swedish and Norwegian are not difficult to understand either)

lol, really? xD I'm Danish and I never understand a word of Swedish. Unless spoken super slow, or text.

Mr. Shuttershy

So who are from Denmark or Sweden, and want to write together?

I'm a Male from Denmark, 23 years old. And totally new into this!

Please send me a PM

I'm not sure if it's of interest to you, but we have a few Danish threads going (let me know if you need/want links). I've seen Norwegian and Swedish threads too.

But, uhm, are you looking for someone to chat with in private through messages or what exactly..?

Either way, I'm from Denmark as well.

(so naturally Swedish and Norwegian are not difficult to understand either)

lol, really? xD I'm Danish and I never understand a word of Swedish. Unless spoken super slow, or text.

XD I speak Swedish and can't understand Norwegian so well..

I find Norwegian quite easy to understand. It's kinda like a Faroese person speaking bad Danish :lol: Danish can be quite difficult for us to pronounce since so many of the words feel like they are formed at the back of the throat. Saying "rød grød med fløde" makes me feel like I'm choking xD.

Norwegian and Faroese is more similar in pronunciation of words, so that's probably why I find it easy to understand. Swedish admittedly is a bit more tricky but not by much. :) I guess being somewhat forced to learn several languages is one of the benefits of being from a small place like the Faroe Islands. For example the resources to make Faroese tv are limited because of the small population, so often the state tv channel airs shows from Denmark, Sweden and Norway and none of those get dubbed or subtitled in Faroese.

Ikki altíð so sunt fyri okkara egna mál at vera so sterkt í minniluta, men eg haldi vit klára okkum ;)

GirlDreamer

Ikki altíð so sunt fyri okkara egna mál at vera so sterkt í minniluta, men eg haldi vit klára okkum ;)

That's awesome, don't really understand it though. I feel lonely as the only active Norwegian on this site XD

One of my favourite bands also happens to be from Norway and they sing exclusively in Norwegian but in a certain dialect (which I can't remember the name of right now) so maybe that has also helped me to "keep an open ear" of the Nordic languages *shrug*

The band is

. I don't know how well loved they are in Norway though, since the few Norwegians I have met irl who have heard of them have all severely disliked the band, lol
Mr. Shuttershy

One of my favourite bands also happens to be from Norway and they sing exclusively in Norwegian but in a certain dialect (which I can't remember the name of right now) so maybe that has also helped me to "keep an open ear" of the Nordic languages *shrug*

The band is

. I don't know how well loved they are in Norway though, since the few Norwegians I have met irl who have heard of them have all severely disliked the band, lol

How do you feel about Valravn?

They are quite good. I have some of their Faroese songs on my laptop I think. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan or anything though

I did happen to see them live at a music festival some years ago (knew nothing about them at that point) and it really was a great performance.

... I hope OP doesn't mind us derailing the thread like this :P

On the topic of Danish though; I realised today, just how much out of practise I am with writing Danish. I'm trying to get into college here in America and thus seeking financial aid from the Danish government. I constantly had to double check my spelling and it was doing my head in!

It's simply lack of practise, since all books and magazines I read nowadays are in English, compared to two years ago when most my reading material was in Danish. Oh well. At least facebook keeps my Faroese spelling somewhat in check...

Mr. Blueberry, how come you have such an interest in Nordic languages? Or is it just languages in general perhaps? :)

Mr. Shuttershy

They are quite good. I have some of their Faroese songs on my laptop I think. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan or anything though

I did happen to see them live at a music festival some years ago (knew nothing about them at that point) and it really was a great performance.

... I hope OP doesn't mind us derailing the thread like this :P

On the topic of Danish though; I realised today, just how much out of practise I am with writing Danish. I'm trying to get into college here in America and thus seeking financial aid from the Danish government. I constantly had to double check my spelling and it was doing my head in!

It's simply lack of practise, since all books and magazines I read nowadays are in English, compared to two years ago when most my reading material was in Danish. Oh well. At least facebook keeps my Faroese spelling somewhat in check...

Mr. Blueberry, how come you have such an interest in Nordic languages? Or is it just languages in general perhaps? :)

I'm sorry OP OTL We can go eslewhere if you'd like.

I love Valravn, xP, they have my favorute style, which I can never find in other music. Its really cool to hear Faroese too. Though my Faroese friend said its ancient Faroese; or at least the song Kelling is.

Its easy to lose language! I haven't been keeping up with my Swedish and Finnish, so it takes a while for me to recognize what I'm reading. Especially Finnish.

I love Nordic languages because they are beautiful and of-the-beaten path. The major languages just don't sound right in my ears; maybe I have heard them too much? Either way. I enjoy speaking languages that a very small percentage, at least near me, speaks. Its like my own little secret. xD I'm.. just. Not sure. The simple answer is really just it was love at first sight.

I like other languages, but no region or language group captures my heart quite like Northern Europe.

Archived