Which type of asexual are you?

Rosanquette

I've recently reassessed my asexuality, I use to identify as Demi, now I think I'm more of a Bi-romantic Asexual. The more I explore the more I think that I just have no interest in sex ( to the point where the idea of having sex makes me slightly queezy) but I would love to have a romantic relationship without sex.

lightningiris

Hetero-romantic asexual. Although I did have a crush-thing on my lesbian friend once... butimprettysureiwasjustconfusedthen.

Let's see, I'm asexual, obviously. I want a romantic relationship, so that makes me romantic, but wait, what is this "Romantic Attraction" I've heard of? I don't think I experience it, but I'm not aromantic, so maybe gray is the term to use? But gray doesn't state my tender of preference, so I gotta tack Hetero on there somewhere. Maybe Demi is better, because I don't think I'd ever like someone romantically without being friends first, so there's that. Oh, and I can't forget that I'm repulsed and a nonlibidoist, too!

Hmm..

Apparently I'm a repulsed semi-demi-heteroromantic asexual nonlibidoist. I also seem to have Special Snowflake Syndrome. :wacko:

Bah! I'll just call myself a straight ace and be done with it!

feministnerd

Panromantic Demisexual/Grey A, I think. Not completely sure about the sexual part.

Just curious - how would experiencing romantic attraction be different from wanting a romantic relationship? Based on the wiki I thought they were the same thing.

Sort of off-topic, but can we just take one of the "ro" out of heteroromantic? Heteromantic is so much easier to say. And spell.

I'm not a big fan of labels since I never really completely fit any of them but let's say I'm homoromantic :)

Kitty Spoon Train

Hetero-demisexual.

But ever since finding this site and coming to terms with being different (before I used to think I'm just heterosexual with issues), I seem to have drifted more towards the romantic-asexual end of the spectrum. Or maybe I was always that way but it was latent.

To put this another way: before I saw sex as a given in future dating/relationships. Now I feel like I just want cuddle buddies or romantic friendships and like sex is an optional extra (which I may or may not want eventually from a given CB/RF, but in any case it's not a big deal). That said, I definitely wouldn't want to sign the possibility of sex out of my future completely, so I'm certainly not fully ace.

My tentative guess is heterodemiromantic asexual libidoist. I need to do a lot more self examination before coming to any certainty. I can't rule out demisexual, as I haven't yet been in a relationship.

whisper in the wind

I would say I am grey-homo-romantic asexual.

Because at first I would lean towards aromantic, but that doesnt seem to 100% fit since sometimes I find myself romantically/aesthetically attracted to other girls. Its kind of iffy/so-so so I suppose I fall better into the grey-category.

Keeping in mind that I think labels should just be used to explore the differences between people and not used to limit oneself....

I'm a demiromantic asexual.

so-much-random

I think heteroromantic asexual describes me best - but I've never been in a serious relationship so I guess it's possible that I could experience sexual/physical attraction if I was really in love. But I just don't know.

Keeping in mind that I think labels should just be used to explore the differences between people and not used to limit oneself....

I'm a demiromantic asexual.

High five!

I'm a don't-give-a-damn-romantic asexual, meaning I don't know what my romantic orientation is and I really don't care enough to try to figure out. I'm don't care if I'm in a relationship or not so I don't really care enough to learn what my romantic orientation is, though most likely I'm a very jaded panromantic.

My hero! :cake:

I'd say that I'm probably aromantic asexual. While I can make a 'connection' with someone, the limit tends to be 'very good/best friends' for me. The whole romance "thing" seems to cheese me right off and get on my nerves. I've tried relationships in the past, and if I had to define, I'd say I'm hetero, but I don't really have an interest in any of it.

Well, I'm definitely asexual. I've only ever been romantically attracted to one guy, but, given the chance (or the right person anyway), I can imagine having romantic feelings for anyone. So that would probably make me a... demi-panromantic asexual.

For now Hetero Demi, although this is only due to the one person I dated. It was pretty much an 'on switch' for me with her on many levels but, before then and since then, I do not want to do anything and I am fine with being alone.

Gray probably applies as well I suppose *shrug*. I have no idea if anything not hetero would ever apply but I suppose it doesn't really matter unless I run into it.

demisexual-aromantic towards men and sexual-aromantic towards women (by sexual I mean, experience sexual attraction, that's so weak that I won't act upon it.

could be that I'm demisexual-aromantic towards women, but I've never had a close women friend, whom I loved, so I don't know about that.

Strangely Brown

I guess I'm a hetero-demiromantic asexual, based on my past experiences; but it remains to be seen if it stays that way...

loopytheone

....am I the only person to hear the 'what kind of pokemon are you' song in my head whenever I read this topic title?

Archived