Which type of asexual are you?

Rosanquette

Rosanquette

I am possibly a sexual who can only feel physical attraction when I am in love (due to my aspergers creating intimacy issues.) I have yet to feel sexual attraction, but I have never been in love before. Grey-romantic,demiromantic, and heteroromantic all seem to suit me well. I know for sure I am entirely incapable of any attraction to the female gender besides purely platonic friendship. On some level, I can have a kind of attraction towards the male gender and if I have romantic feelings, that may become physical, but I have yet to find out. But I have never had any desire to date and I bet I could live my entire life never dating, and never be lonely. I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. But I did read somewhere that demiromantics like both genders, so...if that is true, it isn't me. Edit: I am female.

Taken from Wikipedia

aromantic: lack of romantic attraction towards anyone

biromantic: romantic attraction towards person(s) of two different genders – the romantic aspect of bisexuality

heteroromantic: romantic attraction towards person(s) of a different gender – the romantic aspect of heterosexuality

homoromantic: romantic attraction towards person(s) of the same gender – the romantic aspect of homosexuality

panromantic (also omniromantic): romantic attraction towards person(s) of any gender or lack of gender, including persons of nonbinary gender – the romantic aspect of pansexuality

transromantic: romantic attraction towards person(s) of variant or ambiguous gender – the romantic attraction to transgender or intersex individuals

polyromantic: romantic attraction towards multiple, but not all, genders and gender identities – the romantic aspect of polysexuality

grey-romantic (gray-romantic): Between aromantic and romantic, can be frequency or strength of the romantic attraction (the term does not express the gender of these persons)

demiromantic: romantic attraction after developing an emotional connection beforehand (the term does not express the gender of these persons)

The Great WTF

I'm a don't-give-a-damn-romantic asexual, meaning I don't know what my romantic orientation is and I really don't care enough to try to figure out. I'm don't care if I'm in a relationship or not so I don't really care enough to learn what my romantic orientation is, though most likely I'm a very jaded panromantic.

I consider myself to be hetero-demiromantic asexual.

Until I met my special person (who is also ace), I had never been in love, because I had never had the intellectual and emotional connection that I have with him, with anyone else before. Had I not met him, I would still label myself demi, as I believe it was possible for me to feel romantically towards the 'right' person, but I would not be experiencing it. In addition, I always knew that this person would be a man, so demiromantics *are* able to be gender-specific.

I should add that as a fellow Aspie, I often wonder at the prevalence of asexuality within the ASD community.

i'm a tad complex as well.. the gender description in the box to the left <<<< is the simplest i can come up with.

I would say don't try too hard to label yourself, or you could get bogged down and restricted by semantics. Just grab a description off the shelf (the one you're most comfortable with) but don't be surprised if you keep discovering new things about yourself to add to it ;). It's completely normal; we are all unique individuals. Technical vocabulary has its limits, and personally I consider them more of a normative guideline than anything else.

Hetero + demi comes the closest to describing me

Janus the Fox

Heh... labels again! All I know that I'm unloving (I am autistic) and simply not to bothered with sex. If I really must quantify it, im 90% asexual 6% homosexual and 4%heterosexual. No sexual attractions, but willing and capable of sex and relationships if I can be bothered. I am more gay than stright, does not make me less of an asexual without significant attractions.

Hetero demisexual here, at least in theory, though I haven't ever found that 'special someone' so it hasn't been put to the test or anything...

Capslock Cadet

Panromantic asexual/grey-a. I'm a little unsure about whether I'm grey-a or not, but I guess time will tell :D

~AngelOfMusic~

I am Aromantic and may possibly be Biromantic but i'm not really sure bout it yet. Still kinda figuring that out. ^^'

Check out my profile, you'll find the answer there. (I'm too lazy right now to bother typing it out).

I don't have a clue any more! I have only felt what I think was romantic attraction to a handful of people during my comparatively short life, and they were all male. But I feel something weird for girls: I don't want to touch them or see them nekkid, I just really like looking at pretty people...it's a bit weird :blink:

Hi I just joined two days ago! I think I would fall under hetero-romantic although I'm not so sure. I'm female and I do like guys but not to the point where I want to just to have sex with them. I'm pretty weird but what I like in a guy mainly is his face and personality. I like cute guys and guys with a nice face who are funny, chill, smart and sweet. I could care less about their body shape or the size of their "wangers" (lol that's how I call it). I find "wangers" quite repulsive actually. :o

I generally consider myself to be an aromantic a-grey as i've never been romantically or sexually attracted to anyone (as far as i understand it) , but i suppose i can't rule out the possibility being a demisexual/demiromantic. That kind of reflects my mindset (that in order for me to be willing to have sex with someone i think i would also have be utterly comfortable with them (probably implying some sort of romantic relationship), or just incredibly drunk). I'm not repulsed by the idea of sex that much, i just have no real interest or desire for it. Even less for romantic relationships, i rarely see people who are truly happy and or secure in a relationship.

Just as a little afterthought, i don't think demisexuality implies anything about gender, so it doesn't matter particularly who you find attractive, just that it's very rare that you have been interested in anyone.

Well, I've been looking through various FAQs and things, and I believe I'm homoromantic. I can find guys incredibly attractive, but I only get the urge to want to kiss or hug them, and not ravish their doodads.

Women have never done it for me, and I feel the same attraction towards women as I do bottles of water. Totally nothing there.

Well by the definitions you listed (which were nice to have by the way) I'd fall under Polyromantic Asexual.

I'm just beginning to truly comprehend the difference between biological sex and gender identity. (There are so many labels under gender now! :blink: )

Mr. Shuttershy

In theory panromantic asexual, in practice homoromantic asexyal. I would be open to men if I found one I liked, but have yet to see that happen, so, I say homo.

Prince of Tea

I don't have a clue any more! I have only felt what I think was romantic attraction to a handful of people during my comparatively short life, and they were all male. But I feel something weird for girls: I don't want to touch them or see them nekkid, I just really like looking at pretty people...it's a bit weird :blink:

Aesthetic attraction, perhaps? It is a thing! A thing which I feel.

I'm aromantic. :3

I have always just said I'm "heteroromantic" because I don't know a better way of putting it. I have had small crushes on people who are biologically female transgender male and small infatuations on girls as well as boys, but nothing serious or something that lasted long/I ever planned on pursuing because my feelings seemed to go back and forth a lot. The only person I've ever really loved consistently, been in a relationship with and felt comfortable being close with is my current boyfriend.

EDIT: And I also have an aesthetic attraction the female body. I think it's actually a very common thing - after all, girls don't dress up just for guys, they dress up for other girls too (relatively speaking, not all girls do this). But that also doesn't mean that I want to have a relationship or do anything with them.

Byesexual , everyone looks at me then leaves lol

I am a grey romantic. Mine works like a light switch and affects my mood. Some days I feel romantic and I will be like I want to get married , have squishes , Think about Have the one I love hold me , smile at me & being with that bitch forever :wub: type of mood then there will be days when I'm like " Ugh love >< , I don't understand hopeless romantics , Why is it so important ? "

I may be a Lithromantic as well.

planetgeorge

I would consider myself demi/bi-romantic asexual. I say demi because I only have a romantic attraction after making an emotional connection. And although I've never had a same-sex relationship, if I were single, I would be open to one if I became emotionally and romantically attracted to another guy.

Menschenfeind

I could be classified as something of a biromantic (perhaps panromantic) asexual. However, the aesthetic and romantic attraction I feel differs between males and females based upon the context. I seem to be more romantically inclined toward males in fantasy (specifically manga/anime), but I rarely find myself attracted to actual males. I am aesthetically attracted to what might be considered "androgynous," but with slight inclinations toward stereotypical femininity; my ideal partner (aesthetically) would be characteristically feminine, without having any noticeable distinguishing traits (ie: noticeable genitalia) that determine their sex. As far as the panromantic tidbit, I do not see myself being restricted by sex or gender, given that I look for specific traits in a significant other that are not hindered by either.

For the good of the Cheese Dalek Empire, this thread has been relocated to Asexual Musings and Rantings.

Cheese Dalek Strivna

Asexual Q&A Moderator

Archived