Allergics, anyone ?

Heimdall

Allergies "A la carte", which one do you have ?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Pollens
    • Animals (which one(s), then ?)
    • Foods (which ones ?)
    • Wasps, bees, ants, etc
    • Dust, acarinas, moulds
    • Asthma
    • More than one of the aboves (specify which then, please)
    • I'm not allergic to anything

This poll is closed to new votes

I have a mild allergy to cats, a severe allergy to bee stings and a severe allergy to tuberculin, which is the drug they give you in a skin test to diagnose whether or not you have tuberculosis.

Pollen, dust, and nickel (and probably other metal too). Stupid metals. Grr. Of all these, the nickel one bothers me most, because I like pretty things and I cannot wear them too long least I break out in hives...

Pollen.

I'm usually at my worst, from late March-June.

Then, for the remainder of the sumer, I seem to to fine, and the symptoms are there, but barely noticeable(I.e Slightly red and watery eyes, after a bike ride in the forest, but virtually no itching).

• 4 months later...
Cheerio_Koroke

Cats and dogs. Dogs worse than cats. Make my eyes itch. Which is sad. I love my kitty, just not anywhere near my face.

Oh drat. I forgot about pollon when I gave my answer. I should probably count as 'more than one of the above' then. Brazil nuts and pollon. Brazil nuts make my mouth/throat swell up, and pollon gives me hay fever/eczema. Though I have mostly grown out of eczema now. I still have it a bit sometimes though.

I'm allergic to more than one of those things. Pollen, Dust, Animals (cats and dogs), Food (too many to name). I had to be on a strict diet as a child. I was not allowed to drink Cows milk, I could only drink Soy milk, and I was also allergic to wheat products, so that in itself can tell you what all I couldn't eat. I'm still allergic to tomatoes and kiwi. I'm more allergic to cats than dogs.

dust and pollen are my allergy triggers. I have been having trouble lately, and I normally do at this time of the year. it gets worse in the spring, though.

metalgirl2045

Dust. I've been moving rooms and keep sneezing and one of my eyes has swollen up.

I have another more unusual allergy - shampoo. Don't worry, there are a very weird hippy ones and a tar based one I can use, but with any more conventional brands if they come into contact with my scalp too often it hurts and then I have a rash and dandruff from hell for a while afterwards.

Adm_Twister_JCOM

I'm allergic to cats, dogs, cockroaches, peanuts, penicillin, smoke, dust, and some pollen and mold. I'm not sure what types for the last two categories.

• 1 month later...

I have a cold allergy

But I didn't vote in the poll, there wasn't an option for that (you can put Other: explain)

Urgh, lots. Lets see...

Pollen

Dogs

Ants

Mosquitos

Dust, accarina, mold... Everything not clean can be added here. T_T

Cigarretes smoke (highly allergic, severe rash almost instantaneously)

Most perfums and beauty products

Food just intolerance no real allergies on that matter. At least that. XD

The only actual things like an allergy I have..

I get a rash in my elbows from Big Red gum, which was like some sudden onset crap from earlier this year/late last year..

And something in perfumes gives me a rash if it's sprayed on me.

The Big Red thing kinda makes me sad, I actually liked that stuff. But even a little piece of it makes my elbows break out. Weird shiz.

• 1 month later...
knoxroxmysox

I might be allergic to something, but I'm not sure what. All I know is that occasionally, in winter, I get a consistently runny nose OR a cough (not both) without getting a full-blown cold. This has only been happening the past two years (I'm 18). Allergies? Maybe. From what? I don't know. I don't really have enough motivation to ask a doctor or allergist or anything.

Also, (I don't know if this is relevant) I might be prone to getting URIs more than usual. By the time I was 16, I had already had (walking) pneumonia and (acute) bronchitis. The bronchitis was immeasurably worse, in case you were wondering. I don't know if that affects anything.

So I said I don't have any allergies. Because I'm not sure

I'm allergic to a ceramic glue used in most cigarettes and old houses.

nothing else

I think I'm allergic to my kitty. :( Not severely enough to want to get rid of him though. :P

Ouch, I'm allergic to everything on the list, but I don't have asthma. Plus I'm allergic to almost all medicines (so far I don't have any allergic reactions only to Cortisol) and chemicals.

• 5 weeks later...

I remember reading this thread a long time ago, but never replied to it.

My allergies are never consistent so I sometimes don't know what I am allergic to.

Pollens - Yes... some parts of the year are hell for me, but not every year. A couple of times I have been incapacitated by them as my eyes burn and water and I can't see, my nose runs non stop and I find it hard to breathe. One of the worst times was at my brothers graduation from U of O. Medication didn't work at all and I ended up missing part of the graduation because I needed to go back to the Air Conditioned hotel and lie in the shower. Damn Eugene!

Animals - Some cats, but not all cats and not all the time. I lived with Ebony for years and at times I would break out in rash and again find it hard to breath and the whole eye and running nose thing. But this was not all the time and I could never figure what caused it and cured it.

Foods - None that I know of, but some hot foods or spices make my skin red and itchy... not sure which ones

Bees, - not that I know of. Bees don't sting me, but I am a mosquito magnet.

Dust, Molds - Not that I know of

Asthma - Nope... I do have a hard time breathing sometimes, but that is from the above or my wasted youth spent smoking. But even as a child (before started smoking at around 10) people would comment on how I breath different... "Very deep" is what they would say... but I don't have Asthma.

I also get sensitive to clothes and some fabrics or the chemicals on them.

goodnight

GooberPeaAndMe

I'm allergic to mosquitos, liquid medicines, and latex. Which makes camping and going to the doctor a bitch.

• 2 months later...

aspartame and tannic fruit like cherries and cranberries trigger my migraine. Dunno if that counts as an allergy though...

Archived