Question for trans peeps

dooomninja

Disclaimer: i know it says trans in the title but it could also be for genderqueer as well but less so anyone who is post op (sorry if that’s not the best way of saying it :blush: )

I’ve probably just been over thinking things and it’s nothing for me personally as i’m pretty much cis, it’s more just curiosity.

But yes on the question:

What do you wear when you go swimming? Do you go off you’re sex rather than gender? I guess for MtF its less of a problem, though i could be utterly mistaken :unsure:

thanks to everyone who answers :cake: :cake: :cake:

Swimming, think again. Wearing just the shorts won't work. For (CD's) yes they could and I don't mean anything bad by that eather. :cake: :cake: :cake: :D

I gave up swimming before I had top surgery. However, there are swimming-tops available that I had considered buying. They are similar to full wet suits.

Even after having surgery, I have yet to go swimming. I'm a little embarrassed by the nasty scars left behind, but I'm mostly unsure about what to do about lacking a "package". Sure, there are packys, but I can only imagine how nasty they would get after being underwater and chlorine. I've considered just saying screw it and swimming without worrying about it.

The Pofessional

I haven't gone swimming (pool, ocean, etc) for a year or two. Back then, I wore a one-piece because and mostly because I was self-conscious about the way I looked in a two-piece/bikini thing. I don't swim, nowadays.

Azure.Providence

I just don't swim. Natural bodies of water are icky and swimming pools are full of chlorine.

Swimming is also often done in public and I don't like exposing much skin around family or people I don't know well so no swimming for me :P

I have not had surgery and society deems female nipples offensive for some reason so I wear a female swimsuit for pools. For the sea I usually have my bodyboard with me, so I put on a wetsuit with trunks and a triathlon top underneath.

oneofthesun

Swimming is definitely an issue! I wear a T-shirt and trunks if I go at all. I don't think people notice the lack of a package in the trunks. The T-shirt is necessary for me but I know some FTM's who "pass" even bare-chested.

"Sure, there are packys".

Uh, what are packys?

Packys (packies or packeys)are underwear stuffers to replicate a bio-male's natural crotch. The are usually made of cyberskin or similar materials. :P

Confabulase

I'd never before realised how useful it is to be completely unable to swim. I've always been pathetic at it and kind of flailed at the water until I sink, which makes this into a complete non-issue. :D

never odd or even

:lol: I just run into the sea fully clothed and start yelling that that its far too cold and try to run out before some fucker gets me wet in some description :lol:

I have worn all types of swim gear, and TBH I'd go for the awl wet suit if i'm going out in the sea, as its far more gender neutral and nobody gives a crap what you wear underneath. swimming pools are more irritating, particularly due to my disproportionate fleshy chest decorations, I've to either go 'loose' or order from a company that actually makes clothes to fit people like me. which can be expensive. for this very reason i have not bought a swim suit since i was 15 [??] and have been avoiding doing so at all costs. If needs be, I use my siblings hand me ups, who shares my genetics in this area, but actually likes them.

But yeah, shorts and tshirt or a wetsuit are the orders of my day if I happen to brave the sea. I tend to make excuses generally though, and prefer long photography walks chasing grasshoppers than swimming anyway.

maybe when I donate my chest flesh to the biohazards bin I will think again... I think I'd enjoy that...

To start I am a post-op ftm (Double mastectomy and total hystorectomy with removal of ovaries and fallopian tubes). Before I had chest surgery I would wear swim tunks, a bikini top, and a shirt. After chest surgery, I wore the trunks with a shirt. After I got my nipples pierced to celebrate six months of not having to bind, I wear only trunks.

I'm a pre op FtM trans guy and when I go swimming I wear trunks, a binder and a skin tight t-shirt which is made from similar material to swimming costumes.

I haven't gone swimming since puberty. My grandmother still gets unusually bummed about that. I think she harbored dreams of me becoming an Olympic swimmer or something ridiculous, because nobody else seemed to take much note of it.

consultingarchangel

ugh you just reminded me i'm going on holiday this summer and i'll be expected to go swimming

what i wore last year (before i began transitioning) was a one-piece swimsuit, a pair of swimming trunks, and an old t-shirt (i'm ftm btw)

actually yesterday i got a wetsuit which i'm hoping to cut up and make into an underwater binder effectively, and if i can find one, i'll get a swimvest - pretty much literally a binder you can swim in

but like pretty much everyone's said, i don't plan to go in the water too much lql

I'm FTM, and have a DD chest (and I'm not exceptionally chubby either), but I actually just wore an old (pretty worn-out) binder and a tight-fitting black t-shirt and trunks. This was at the ocean and the lifeguard there examined to see if I was properly dressed (ie. wearing clothes designed for swimming) and I passed magnificently more than once that day. My only concern was that when wet the shirt got especially clingy but that wasn't a problem, especially since it dried quickly.

I guess the point of the message is that most people don't think as obsessively about what they are seeing as we do. They'll write it off as strange bone structure, youth, gynecomastia, whatever...and I think most people if they wonder will keep it to themselves because they are embarrassed, shy, or simply know it doesn't matter, especially to them as strangers. Anyway...

I'm a transman. I typically swim in swim trunks plus a t shirt. If I'm feeling particularly devil may care, and I'm at the beach where nobody knows me, I swim in just swim trunks. I haven't had top surgery and I do have breasts but they're hairy and I'm a guy so nobody really cares, as far as I know.

As for somebody noticing my lack of descended testicles, I don't worry about it much. Guys' genitalia comes in so many shapes anyways. But when I'm getting out of the pool I do kind of turn inwards and quickly pull my swim trunks out so that they don't cling to me.

For the last few years I've been the only male staff person at a small summer kids' program so I always end up going swimming, so that I'm in the locker room with the boys and then of course I go swimming. Some of the boys have followed my lead in wearing a t shirt while swimming, which I wouldn't have predicted but which is fine with me.

P.S. I don't pack and I don't bind. Lots of guys have larger breasts than I do; they aren't real pretty but they're not gonna out me. My genitalia do look abnormal, but after spending a fair amount of time in mens' locker rooms, I feel reasonably certainly that the diversity in male genitalia is enough that I'd have to be uncovered and somebody'd have to be purposefully looking before they'd guess what was off. And who's looking under the water?

I used to go to an annual trans pool party. People wore what fit their gender identity and there were lots of scars visible on the transmen but we were all trans, so nobody cared.

Archived