The Good Partner Thread

On 3/9/2012 at 8:01 AM, Lady Girl said:

I'm primarily starting this thread for all the sexuals to post the positives about our particular asexual partner. I think we're all VERY aware of the difficulties a "mixed" relationship can cause (if not, there's plenty of threads for those posts). So let's hear some of the good stuff (good stuff ONLY please). And really, anyone can post here...if you have something good to tell us about your partner or friend.

Most recently, Mr. LG had noticed that I was in a bit of a mood (we'll say I was melancholy) on one of our days off together. We were not planning on doing anything that day so we were just sitting around listening to music and not really talking either. After awhile I noticed he had picked a song we liked when we were younger...he continued to pick my favorites. He probably played special music for me for at least two hours. It was weird because I stayed a little moody, but the mood didn't devolve into something worse. And later that evening I was able to smile and say sorry for being moody, then thanked him for the songs. The smile I got back was so great. wub.gif

My partner is so romantic and passionate. He loves to dance and if he hears a romantic song he'll grab my hand and pull me into a dance wherever we are (both of us are really bad dancers). It always ends in us fumbling around in a fit of giggles and swearing we'll take classes some day.

He's never yells out of anger. Even our worst moments have been gentle. Our worst days have ended with us falling asleep in eachother's arms. He's truly the most peaceful person and he handles conflict with such grace.

These are just 2 out of the infinite reasons why I love him so much. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

My God, where do I even start? Everything about this person is perfect. Xe is the only person I've ever felt attracted to, and we could not be more in love. Today we discussed intimacy and communication and xe just makes me feel so safe and happy. I've been told I make xem feel the same. I hope we can get even more comfortable together in the future. Xe's so understanding and kind. 

• Like 3