Gay Straight or Bi

tvdreamer

So in the last about 11 hours I have come to the realization that I am asexual. Which brings me to the question of am I gay, straight, or bi. I've never truly considered it before. I always assumed I was straight but with no sexual attraction I think its hard for me to gauge what side I'm on. And I've never had any experiences with either gender. I've always said that people are people and love is love but I never really thought about it in terms of me.

So I guess my question is how did you know in terms of straight gay or bi along with being asexual?

Any advice or stories or anything you can provide would be much appreciated. I'm so confused.

I'm not Asexual..but I'm Demisexual

I'm homo-demisexual..I realized this when I could only see myself romantically or sexually involved with someone Male. The only way I could be with someone who is Female is if my other half decided to transition (if they were a MtF). I know that sounded like a tranny-chaser statement but that's not how I meant it

I guess with being Asexual you'd probably find out your romantic orientation if you know which gender you're attracted to. I don't know..my advice isn't probably too helpful. Just saying what came to my mind

CamisaNegra

It's not really common to use gay/straight/bi along with asexual, because those are other sexual orientations. It just gets confusing if you say you're not attracted to anyone, but you're, for example, heterosexual (plus it's not really accurate). Most of the people I've talked to identify who they're romantically attracted to. For example, if you're only interested in dating guys, you would be heteroromantic. Personally, I identify as panromantic grey-asexual - I'm not interested in having sex, so I haven't really bothered to figure out who I'm sexually attracted to, and romantically, gender doesn't really have any bearing on who I'm attracted to.

I understand what you mean. I came to the conclusion about the verbage I used being contradictory after I posted lol (Of course). But I understand what you mean.

Thanks.

Janus the Fox

Growing up, as any does, assume I must be stright, I never thought of it at all why I was not going crazy or anything. Maybe it was a form of social isolation brought on by years of self-esteem issues and weight problems.

As my overall confidence and weight problems was addressed, the transformation of my new body was unbelievable. During professional studies, self-analysis evaluation of my own skills and identity, lead to a question on sexual orientation. Since I never thought about it before in detail, I could not answer any of those questions and I seriously freaked out about it, I required extensive councelling to set my mind at ease. I also made a formal complaint why such a question should ever be in a professional self-evaluation.

The councelor brought up a word that I never heard of before, asexuality. After that I watched a part of the Jeremy Kyle Show that featured a destressed asexual teenager, the feelings and emotions that person was feeling was EXACTLY the same way I was feeling. I began extensive research that eventually lead me to AVEN.

In the six months of joining, I began becoming more comfortable on the thought of sex, curiosity set in the more I become comfortable with my own body. Then one day I started to actually experience attractions, weak ones which become stronger gradually, this was directed to girls only. I started to experiment with my own body to see what I can do with it. The more I did, I became bi-curious, weeks go by and then actual attractions for guys began to appear as well.

To this day, the one feature that is missing, the absence of any sex drive. The councilor did suggest to get double checked if my massive weight loss caused problems with hormones, which there where none. Psychology will eventually ensue possibly being referred to a psyco-sexual therapist and other therapists for unrelated conditions to find out my mixture of unlablable Bisexual Gray-Aness is legit.  

I've always been attracted to guys in a romantic way and so when I transition from female to male I was gay as I'm a guy attracted to other guys. I desrcibe myself as homoromantic or say I'm gay and asexual if someone doesn't know what homoromantic is.

I figured out I was asexual a bit over a year ago. As to romantic orientation... I still haven't figured that out. I'm not sure I'm ever going to figure it out, and even if I could, I'm not sure it would be meaningful or useful. Whatever attractions I do have are weak, and I don't know if it's romantic attraction or something else. I generally don't like being in romantic relationships in any case, so I'm not sure it even matters.

I've figured out I'm asexual but Im confused about my orientation of asexuality. I want to be with both guys and girls but I'm not attracted to any, I just want to be with them.. help?

Archived