Aromantic or homoromantic?

Legslayer101

You should check out the Aromantic thread in Asexual Musings and Rantings. ^_^

As for your questions, ultimately only you can decide if you're aromantic or homoromantic. The line between platonic and romantic is a fine one indeed. I'm afraid I'm not much help since I've never been attracted to anyone in any way.

Radioactive Goat

Sounds pretty Aromantic to me.

But yeah, Almagest has basically all the right points already.

- I've had a few squishes in the past. I know this is going to sound a little sick, but usually they are 30-45 years old. Past teachers, co-workers, etc. I only am 20, by the way. I know this isn't normal which is why I never act on my desires. Occasionally, I do get squishes on people who are my age though. When I have a squish, I want to be emotionally close to her. I want to touch her, hug her, or hold hands with her.

Hi, welcome to Aven! :cake:

I would say it's not very usual, but pretty normal. (I'm homoromantic and I'm interested only into 55-60+ men, and I feel normal and... healthy? Dates/flings went on very well as far as I remember them :wub: )

That said, what you are is up to you. If you want some degree of real intimacy, that's not fully platonic. I really want a romance - everything else, minus sex act. I'm open-minded to the whole white picket fence stuff - that's being romantic to me.

Imo, it really falls down on what the "tickling" means to you - another nice thing on a romantic relationship (romantic) or some random idea, isolated from the idea of romance, since a romance is not your thing (aromantic).

The final word about being romantic or aromantic is yours, and yours only.

Archived